Hello,

I have a Blackberry Classic that I bought refurbished on Amazon. The little baby was magic for a year, but I ultimately decided to change my phone again. I have not used in a few weeks, and now when I try to charge it, it reboots before even powering up the whole way. The screen stays black, and the light on it alternates between red and a light green as it restarts.

All I want is to download the data I have on the Blackberry to a computer. I do not need it to afterwards. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    09-04-18 07:39 PM
    Hi, download Link desktop application for Windows from the Blackberry website, install onto your Windows PC (works best on Win XP). Then connect your Classic, and see if Link can salvage a backup. I wouldn't hold out much hope though, it sounds like something has happened to corrupt the OS installation on your device. You could probably resurrect the device using an autoloader (search the forum for instructions), but that will erase all data currently on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-18 09:23 AM
    I had a similar issue as well last night the Classic would re boot and the red light would flash. It is the first time it has done this with daily use back to 2016. I have essential data on a SD card and cloud apps such as OneNote for all other info luckily. Hope it was just a one time event.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-18 06:13 AM
    Occasional reboots when running are a feature of most BB10 handsets, IME.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-18 06:58 AM
    he want to die.
    09-07-18 07:19 AM
    Hello,

I have a Blackberry Classic that I bought refurbished on Amazon. The little baby was magic for a year, but I ultimately decided to change my phone again. I have not used in a few weeks, and now when I try to charge it, it reboots before even powering up the whole way. The screen stays black, and the light on it alternates between red and a light green as it restarts.

All I want is to download the data I have on the Blackberry to a computer. I do not need it to afterwards. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    it was defect
    im not sure you will fix it

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-18-18 03:41 AM
    I would sometimes put my Classic against a wall on a table, accidentally pushing the power button. lol
    10-15-18 09:04 PM
    What is the last app did you installed? Then simply uninstall it..

Posted via CB10
    10-16-18 10:05 PM
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Strato,

Not sure if you're still having issues, but if so how long have you let the device charge? Same behavior if you are using a wall charger vs. a USB port?

There are apps which will allow you to download the data if the computer can be made to recognize the phone.
    10-17-18 08:15 PM