Apologies if this is answered somewhere, but I haven't found it. Please help if you can since this is driving me crazy. Here's the situation.

I have a Hotmail.com email account and also an Outlook.com email account. I access these either online directly at login.live.com or mostly through Outlook 2010 running on my Windows desktop PC. I also have both email accounts setup on my BB Classic. However, they behave very differently.

The Hotmail account works exactly as it should. An email arrives to my account. I see it on the Classic and in Outlook 2010. If I read or delete it in one place, that activity is reflected in the other place, almost instantaneously. Adding a calendar event in Outlook 2010 for my Hotmail account, shows up in the calendar on my Classic. Perfect!

The Outlook.com account does not do these things. For example, if an outlook.com email arrives, it shows up in Outlook 2010 and the Classic. However, if I read or delete it from either place, that activity is NOT reflected in the other place. Hence, I have to delete an Outlook.com email in Outlook 2010 AND my Outlook.com account on my Classic. Also, if I add a calendar event to my Outlook.com account in Outlook 2010, it never shows up in the calendar on my Classic.

I just don't get how the Hotmail.com and Outlook.com accounts behave so differently. I just can't figure out why. Does anyone know or know what I may have done wrong? If it helps, this worked perfectly for both email accounts on my BB Tour, but my previous Q10 and now my Classic don't sync the Outlook.com account properly.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.
    07-25-15 07:51 PM
    Did you check the setting on the Outlook.com account and compare it to the hotmail.com account.
    07-27-15 11:22 AM
    Works flawless with hotmail, outlook and gmail.
    Maybe it's your fault.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    07-27-15 11:47 AM
    Apologies if this is answered somewhere, but I haven't found it. Please help if you can since this is driving me crazy. Here's the situation.

I have a Hotmail.com email account and also an Outlook.com email account. I access these either online directly at login.live.com or mostly through Outlook 2010 running on my Windows desktop PC. I also have both email accounts setup on my BB Classic. However, they behave very differently.

The Hotmail account works exactly as it should. An email arrives to my account. I see it on the Classic and in Outlook 2010. If I read or delete it in one place, that activity is reflected in the other place, almost instantaneously. Adding a calendar event in Outlook 2010 for my Hotmail account, shows up in the calendar on my Classic. Perfect!

The Outlook.com account does not do these things. For example, if an outlook.com email arrives, it shows up in Outlook 2010 and the Classic. However, if I read or delete it from either place, that activity is NOT reflected in the other place. Hence, I have to delete an Outlook.com email in Outlook 2010 AND my Outlook.com account on my Classic. Also, if I add a calendar event to my Outlook.com account in Outlook 2010, it never shows up in the calendar on my Classic.

I just don't get how the Hotmail.com and Outlook.com accounts behave so differently. I just can't figure out why. Does anyone know or know what I may have done wrong? If it helps, this worked perfectly for both email accounts on my BB Tour, but my previous Q10 and now my Classic don't sync the Outlook.com account properly.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.
    Make sure its setup as exchange and not pop or imap.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:39 PM