I love the new Classic and I have been on the phone with support from Tmobile and Blackberry Classic support desks. Bottom line, wifi calling does not work on Classic. The hardware and software are not programmed and right now there is no plans from Tmobile to work with Blackberry on this app. This was a huge disappointment after 15 calls to support desks.

However, I tried to use skype app but it crashes for me on the Classic. If anyone knows of any other wifi app that works well on Classic, I would appreciate the knowledge. Thanks!
    01-10-15 10:47 AM
    Is there really a problem? The hardware is good, they are just not supporting a device they don't sell from a company they cut ties with, which isn't wrong.

BlackBerry and TMO ending their relationship was a big headline, you should've known better, you can't be disappointed.

However, you can be disappointed if Skype from BBW crashes.
    01-10-15 11:03 AM
    There is of course BBM voice calls. There are other apps like Viber.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:06 AM
    I made wifi calls with sparephone from BBW using my Google Voice number.
    01-10-15 03:28 PM
    There is of course BBM voice calls. There are other apps like Viber.

Posted via CB10
    This is not the same thing. Why do people bring this up whenever we talk about wifi calling?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:56 PM
    Oh, and factory direct devices don't work with wifi calling.

I knew that going in with my passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:57 PM
    Oh, and factory direct devices don't work with wifi calling.

I knew that going in with my passport.
    The factory direct Z10 and Q10 work perfectly fine with wifi calling. It's the rest that don't.

[CB10 / Q10]
    01-11-15 03:21 AM
    I made wifi calls with sparephone from BBW using my Google Voice number.
    Second vote for Spare Phone. I've used it first on the PlayBook, then Z10, then Q10 and now Z30. It needs to be paired with a Google Voice account and once that's done, you get a separate number provided by Google Voice, which means people won't see your normal phone number. On the Q10, the dialer is squashed vertically, but still works. I suspect the Classic will have the same issue.

Currently, calls to U.S. numbers are free, and perhaps Canada too. You can call from overseas via wi-fi and still get free calls. People can ring you back on your State-side Google Voice number, which may mean it's free for them too.

Another option is Truphone, available in BlackBerry World. I've installed it, but have yet to use it. From their site, it seems quite suited for wi-fi calling while traveling, at least that's its main purpose.
    01-11-15 03:34 AM