Hi, I love the new Classic. But i have one issue with it which really annoys me.. When the screen sometimes turns off, i get the feeling that the system has fallen to "sleep" and it doesnt switch on anymore. The weird thing is that if i am listening to music or using Blackberry Blend i still see that the system is normal.. but i need to reboot it so that I can see the screen again..

Has this happened to anyone of you?
    thanks
    Patrick
    02-08-15 05:28 AM
    Yes, I often have this too. Try swiping up again when you see the black screen after unlocking. Or hold the power button and you'll have the option to lock, restart etc. If you cancel and swipe up, you'll probably return to active frames. If all that doesn't work, you'll have to reboot.

Do you also have the snow screen sometimes?

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    02-08-15 09:17 AM
    Wow, that sounds like a serious issue. I hope blackberry will fix it with an update.
    02-08-15 11:40 AM
    Hi, I love the new Classic. But i have one issue with it which really annoys me.. When the screen sometimes turns off, i get the feeling that the system has fallen to "sleep" and it doesnt switch on anymore. The weird thing is that if i am listening to music or using Blackberry Blend i still see that the system is normal.. but i need to reboot it so that I can see the screen again..

Has this happened to anyone of you?
    thanks
    Patrick
    Yes, I often have this too. Try swiping up again when you see the black screen after unlocking. Or hold the power button and you'll have the option to lock, restart etc. If you cancel and swipe up, you'll probably return to active frames. If all that doesn't work, you'll have to reboot.

Do you also have the snow screen sometimes?

I would really like it if you guys could compare settings and apps you might be leaving open on the home screen. I'm thinking there's some sort of combination that causes the issue.
    02-08-15 12:27 PM
    I would really like it if you guys could compare settings and apps you might be leaving open on the home screen. I'm thinking there's some sort of combination that causes the issue.
    I'll post my previous activities + apps when I encounter the issue again.
    02-09-15 02:40 AM
    Are u using picture password? I am experiencing something similar which I have narrowed down to the picture password. Because with the picture password turned on, when I use normal password I don't experience this. But with picture password turned on I have to reboot every couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 09:36 AM
    Are u using picture password? I am experiencing something similar which I have narrowed down to the picture password. Because with the picture password turned on, when I use normal password I don't experience this. But with picture password turned on I have to reboot every couple of days.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, no picture password.

02-09-15 11:07 AM
    Ok guys, had the issue again. I wasn't in a app, just in my active grames screen. And you know what worked? Pressing the volume rockers simultaneously! It brought me back to the lock screen. OP, try that if you encounter the issue again!

02-09-15 11:09 AM
    Hi All.
    The good news is that "pressing both keys" works. However its still frustrating that it just goes dark.

Is this something which impacts only a few of us? or is it a general bug
    02-16-15 04:23 PM
    BB not that good after all
    02-16-15 07:24 PM