Alright, if you don't like it, feel free to express why, but don't talk down to me for liking it. But anyway, this is just my opinion on why I like the 1:1 screen on the Q10.

A lot of people are asking for a tall 4:3 aspect ratio screen. But personally, I wish it stays 1:1. The reason is, the ease of use with one hand without having to shift my grip. The screen being not too tall means I can easily reach the bottom of the keyboard to the top of the screen with my thumb without needing to shift my grip at all. I think that's why the swipe down to answer the phone call in the old call answer screen didn't bother Q10 users as much as Z10 or Z30 users.

Also, watching movies on any size mobile screen is equally not desirable for me, so that's not at all a priority for me.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    barbarianthemadserb and KDB84 like this.
    03-07-14 11:54 PM
    I can see your point with the one handed use.. I do wish my q10 had a 16:9 or 16:10 screen tho, and not for movies, but for app support / viewing content in apps.. And games.

Some apps are just not pleasant to look at with the 1:1
    03-08-14 12:03 AM
    I can see your point with the one handed use.. I do wish my q10 had a 16:9 or 16:10 screen tho, and not for movies, but for app support / viewing content in apps.. And games.

Some apps are just not pleasant to look at with the 1:1
    That's true. But I haven't had a time where an app was completely unusable though. And for me, I don't mind putting up with apps not appearing completely the way they intended than for the ease of use hindered the other 90% of the time.

Again, just my own personal preference, not saying it's for everyone, you might use apps a lot more than I do, so that would have a higher priority for you, which is cool. :-)
    03-08-14 12:15 AM
    I totally agree. I have small hands and can barely do one-handed functions on the Q10 as it is, without being in danger of dropping it. Any wider or longer would make things even more difficult.

I rarely watch videos on the phone but I'm thinking of getting a HDMI cable to try watching something stored on my phone, on my PC monitor.

Alright, if you don't like it, feel free to express why, but don't talk down to me for liking it. But anyway, this is just my opinion on why I like the 1:1 screen on the Q10.

A lot of people are asking for a tall 4:3 aspect ratio screen. But personally, I wish it stays 1:1. The reason is, the ease of use with one hand without having to shift my grip. The screen being not too tall means I can easily reach the bottom of the keyboard to the top of the screen with my thumb without needing to shift my grip at all. I think that's why the swipe down to answer the phone call in the old call answer screen didn't bother Q10 users as much as Z10 or Z30 users.

Also, watching movies on any size mobile screen is equally not desirable for me, so that's not at all a priority for me.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-08-14 12:59 AM
    It's only because nobody makes good apps for it. Doesn't mean they can't look good. Someone just has to actually put in some work and make something.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:04 AM
    Isn't the q20 trackpad going to help those with relatively small hands (like me) to reach the upper part of the screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:13 AM
    I hope so. I never had one of the older BBOS phones so I have no previous experience with the trackpad. But it makes sense to me to be able to accurately place the cursor where you want it, without having to take your hands off the keyboard.

Isn't the q20 trackpad going to help those with relatively small hands (like me) to reach the upper part of the screen?

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-08-14 03:49 AM
    I hope the 20 keeps the 1:1. If not, I will likely stick with the 10.

03-08-14 12:13 PM
    I just hate how in the browser there is no cursor anymore. It comes in handy when you have to hover to open the other buttons. It's pretty impossible right now.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:43 PM

And here I thought I was the only person who believed that the 1:1 aspect ratio display makes sense on devices such as the Q10 and Q20
    03-08-14 01:46 PM
    I like the display. It is the fact that there are not that many good software developers developing for it. It is capable of everything, just make it happen!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 01:55 PM
    I like the 1:1, too and prefer it to my elder Bold9900... Look (screen-shot explained): the white screen is 4:3 and the rest is occupied by the buttons! Imagine it were not 1:1, then we'll have an unusable tiny bubble to write on the screen!!
    Why I kind of like the 1:1 screen-img_20140308_232752.png

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    03-08-14 04:30 PM
    I agree with OP on one hand use but square screen.....it just looks odd to me. I don't like taller screen either. I wish BB make 4:3 ratio by widening the width. This way, we will have bigger keyboard.
    Anybody who watches movie on phone is insane.
    03-09-14 11:42 PM
    I agree with OP on one hand use but square screen.....it just looks odd to me. I don't like taller screen either. I wish BB make 4:3 ratio by widening the width. This way, we will have bigger keyboard.
    Anybody who watches movie on phone is insane.
    Smaller, thicker, like the Bold, that is kind of landscape? 4:3 stretched sideways?

Will not give any benefit when viewing web pages if using 4:3 in landscape instead of portrait.

I'd rather stick with 1:1 then.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-10-14 04:11 AM
    Smaller, thicker, like the Bold, that is kind of landscape? 4:3 stretched sideways?

Will not give any benefit when viewing web pages if using 4:3 in landscape instead of portrait.

I'd rather stick with 1:1 then.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    I got your point. But here we are talking about qwerty device......its all about productivity & GTD. Ppl who prefer web browsing, playing games or watching movies should stick with touch-screen devices like z30. Personally I feel 3 - 3.5" screen is perfect for qwerty device. Anything bigger is ....hmm
    03-10-14 04:39 AM