I have been on vacation for a few days. Beside the great food and inspirational trips unfortunately my Z10 was stolen. Back in Germany I had to decide, which phone I should get next. Brand: BlackBerry - that was clear. Model: that was the huge question. I thought of purchasing the new Classic, because I had a Bold 9700 before my Z10 and kinda missed the physical keyboard. But the point with the physical keyboard is - as you know - the missing flexibility of the layout. And I need this flexibility because I have familiy in arab countries an therefore need to type with arab letters from time to time. The only way to purchase handsets with such a layout would be in an arab country, which I will not visit in a couple of months. Importing is also a problem because of warranty issues. So in the end I bought another Z10, which is totally fine for me, but I guess not for BB because they want their new stuff to be bought.

So in my opinion this is a problem BlackBerry should definetely tackle. I see two possible solutions.

1) Offering handsets with different layouts for all countries at shop.blackberry.com
    2) Making it possible to write with letters which are not represented on the physical keyboard through a digital keyboard right at the bottom of the screen (at the position where symbols are shown).

What do you think about those ideas? Any other suggestions?
    01-04-15 05:17 PM
    Seems like a fairly reasonable thing to ask for he you ask me.
    01-05-15 05:13 AM
    I agree, would be very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 07:33 AM
    A bird twittered me, that 1 model of BB will provide "switchable" keyboards for different layouts. Here: If you are in UAE, take out your german qwertz-keyboard and change it for the arab one. It works like a slider. So, be happy in the summer
    01-05-15 07:37 AM