Purchased the Classic from Amazon.com. Used the device for two days and now the Earpiece Speaker stopped working! Reboots and Wipe were in vain. The only way I can use the device on call is either by turning the loud speaker on or paired with my Jawbone headset.

Haven't dropped it or been careless with it. Now I can't return it to Amazon for a replacement as I don't live in the U.S. and the place I live in doesn't have the Classic launched yet!

I know users of other Berry devices under such situations sometimes managed to replace the speaker as a DIY process.

Loved my Q10 but for the lack of toolbelt, and after being unable to get used to the Passport;s size, I was really looking forward to this. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.
    01-13-15 12:22 PM
    Purchased the Classic from Amazon.com. Used the device for two days and now the Earpiece Speaker stopped working! Reboots and Wipe were in vain. The only way I can use the device on call is either by turning the loud speaker on or paired with my Jawbone headset.

Haven't dropped it or been careless with it. Now I can't return it to Amazon for a replacement as I don't live in the U.S. and the place I live in doesn't have the Classic launched yet!

I know users of other Berry devices under such situations sometimes managed to replace the speaker as a DIY process.

Loved my Q10 but for the lack of toolbelt, and after being unable to get used to the Passport;s size, I was really looking forward to this. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.
    when you say ear piece speaker...you talking the one that came with the phone?
    01-13-15 02:08 PM
    when you say ear piece speaker...you talking the one that came with the phone?
    Correct! The one that you put your phone to your ear to hear from!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:15 PM
    Correct! The one that you put your phone to your ear to hear from!

Posted via CB10
    oh.... not what I was thinking....you talking the speaker of your phone...that is a good one...How do yo turn the loud speaker on?
    01-13-15 02:43 PM
    is the volume up on the phone when in call
    01-13-15 02:45 PM
    is the volume up on the phone when in call
    Oh yes, the volume is up. I'm certain it's no software glitch either and that the speaker (ear) itself is conked. I'm just hoping someone can help me replace the speaker myself. Can't see another solution.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 10:41 PM
    Oh yes, the volume is up. I'm certain it's no software glitch either and that the speaker (ear) itself is conked. I'm just hoping someone can help me replace the speaker myself. Can't see another solution.

Posted via CB10
    Well not good then..must be hard to get some parts. Especially a speaker
    01-13-15 11:04 PM
    Well not good then..must be hard to get some parts. Especially a speaker
    You are right! Tried to search for OEM earpiece speaker for Classic - zilch! There are ones being sold for other berries though!

Damn! I guess I don't have any choice but to wait until Classic is launched here and hope that the service centers then carry the parts for repair!

Please let me know if there's an alternative.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 02:08 AM
    You are right! Tried to search for OEM earpiece speaker for Classic - zilch! There are ones being sold for other berries though!

Damn! I guess I don't have any choice but to wait until Classic is launched here and hope that the service centers then carry the parts for repair!

Please let me know if there's an alternative.

Posted via CB10
    Report if to what carrier you are using now. That way there is a claim dated so when they come carry it. It will be a known issue for you and they can't try and claim it can't be covered for whatever reason. Just good practice.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 02:31 AM
    Try a Q10 earpiece, since there is not much diff b/w the two.

Posted via Q10
    01-14-15 02:34 AM
    Report if to what carrier you are using now. That way there is a claim dated so when they come carry it. It will be a known issue for you and they can't try and claim it can't be covered for whatever reason. Just good practice.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah thanks, but that doesn't work here. No carrier involvement!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:01 AM
    Q10 speakers is tricky, they probably improved it... try BBVE just to be sure it's broken. If so contact amazon about the issue.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    01-14-15 03:03 AM
    Try a Q10 earpiece, since there is not much diff b/w the two.

Posted via Q10
    Oh wow! That sounds interesting. Could anyone who've done these in the past throw some more light on this? I know it's no rocket science prying open a unit, but this'll be my first time. Connectors and size will be similar ya think? Any directions to a good How-to section will also help.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:06 AM
    Q10 speakers is tricky, they probably improved it... try BBVE just to be sure it's broken. If so contact amazon about the issue.

BBVE confirms the "Audio Receiver" failed!
    Can't contact Amazon since I don't live in the U. S.

Any reason why Q10 speakers are tricky?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:19 AM
    Well tricky, you should compare part numbers before you buy it

01-14-15 04:50 AM
    Oh wow! That sounds interesting. Could anyone who've done these in the past throw some more light on this? I know it's no rocket science prying open a unit, but this'll be my first time. Connectors and size will be similar ya think? Any directions to a good How-to section will also help.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so, since there is no "past" for the Classic, since it's just newly launched :P.
    why don't you give it to any BlackBerry service centre, and ask them to try it with a Q10 earpiece? Or buy it from ebay, if it's available, since it should be cheap, and you can sell it on ebay, if it's not compatible!

Posted via Q10
    01-14-15 06:59 AM
    I don't think so, since there is no "past" for the Classic, since it's just newly launched :P.
    why don't you give it to any BlackBerry service centre, and ask them to try it with a Q10 earpiece? Or buy it from ebay, if it's available, since it should be cheap, and you can sell it on ebay, if it's not compatible!

Posted via Q10
    Yep. Worth a shot. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:09 AM