In the last few days my Blackberry Classic has stopped syncing with my Win7 desktop. Only notice was "Sync was unsuccessful" and the activity log simply reflects that No troubleshooting suggestions or specific reasons why the sync failed. I tried reloading the firmware, but still no success.

I need to know my first step in solving the issue.

Thank you.
    06-24-17 07:04 AM
    Any new/updated security software on your Windows machine? What happens when you connect the phone to the PC in USB auto/ mass storage mode? Can Windows 'see' the phone at all?
    My first step would be to disconnect my PC from the network, then turn off all firewall & amtivirus software, and try again. Failing this, try a different USB lead, and if you have it, a different BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 08:44 AM
    try this. I got the idea from a Microsoft forum problem about Live Mail software not syncing with MS server. It turned out the problem was with an outgoing e-mail that was interrupted or corrupted. Once you deleted the outgoing email, the error went away, and Live Mail sync worked perfectly after that, and still is.

So I got to thinking, the same thing may have happened with BB Link. Somewhere/sometime the Link sync got corrupted/interrupted and now it's stuck and won't proceed until the error is cleared. I'm not a techie/coder, so what I did I opened Link and 'removed the device', connected up the BB, which Link then discovered and tried the sync/backup again, and voila !! success.

So now I've been able to make the 1st backup in months. Wheeewww !!!

Hope that works for you guys. Good luck.
    06-26-17 08:45 PM