No spec sheet on the Passport or the Classsic?

Why I haven't seen ONE advertisement in the US on the Passport at all!

It's like a BIG secret that the Passport is available by ANY carrier (I think ATT&T is making it available but haven't seen any local ads for it). I'm the metro Los Angeles, CA area (Long Beach) and NOTHING.

The same advertising campaign for the Z10, Z30, Q10. I don't get it!
    BlackBerry and U.S. marketing don't do well together. There's still no firm date on when the Passport will be launched on at&t, and people want things now now now. They don't want to see an ad that says, "BlackBerry Passport Coming In February 2015." It would be one thing if BlackBerry were a brand that got the average consumer excited, but it's not. This isn't some heralded device. Speaking of Long Beach, I work there, and I always see the Passport red bus around, the one that takes people around Long Beach. I agree with you though, there should be some type of marketing with at&t when it comes out. I don't think the average person taking public transportation in Los Angeles has $599 + California sales tax to be dropping on a phone, either. I could see it being advertised or even sold in airports, where people have already spent hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket, and might be looking to spend their next few hundred dollars on a Passport.
    12-01-14 10:01 PM
    Seems many do not see the purpose of the classic... a case of being stuck in the consumer market mentality... hence all the Apple comparisons.... BB and Chen in particular have made it clear that Enterprise is the focus... one of the issues BB has is many Enterprise customers are not replacing the legacy BB... as they are built well and suite their needs they see no reason to upgrade,... as Enterprise tends to be more conservative... learning new devices takes time and money... the Classic is designed with these customers in mine... hence the same form factor... tool belt etc.,... only real learning curve would be OS... Enterprise will look at performance not specs.. as long a the device zips along Enterprise customers will not care about specs... again most who hold specs as the determining factor is consumer centric... an area BB is not in right now....
    12-01-14 10:14 PM
    Hmmm and what if they don't release any official spec sheet beside the obvious stuff we already know? Would it make a difference ? I can't even remember what processor my Z30 has. I just know it works really smoothly

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    12-01-14 10:40 PM
    Hmmm and what if they don't release any official spec sheet beside the obvious stuff we already know? Would it make a difference ? I can't even remember what processor my Z30 has. I just know it works really smoothly

Posted via CB10
    I think it kind of would make a difference, especially since the things we "know" aren't from BlackBerry directly--they're form people who've shown off their pre-release devices and rumors.

Having a pre-order where you take money from something without showing anything other than a single photo of it and using lots of adjectives in place of specs is actually pretty ballsy. I'm guessing the people that have pre-ordered it are A) people who read CrackBerry and have decided that the rumored specs are *enough* to warrant the purchase and/or B) People who really do only care about a modern BlackBerry with a tool belt and trackpad, and assume that whatever specs might be in it are good enough.

I mean, would you buy a car if you didn't know what the gas mileage, horsepower, torque numbers etc. were?
    Mr4aces, mfurman and anon(9184750) like this.
    12-01-14 10:57 PM
    I'm not sure why, but I'm sure it's on purpose, not forgetfulness.
    Agree with mosth though, the only specs enterprises whant to get is probably battery life, device life time and efficiency level.
    And I think we have a pretty little beast here in that perspective.
    12-02-14 01:02 AM
    I mean, would you buy a car if you didn't know what the gas mileage, horsepower, torque numbers etc. were?
    No. But I'd bet most 9900 users bought their Bold without (most) specs, besides the very generic "bright and larger screen", for instance.
    IMHO, there are things that BlackBerry is currently wipping out of the screen.
    Like for BES. It's now told as BES. Not BlackBerry Enterprise Services.
    It's "part of our Enterprise solutions". You'll barely ear BlackBerry; because it's now a cross-platform solution.
    Same type of reasoning here. SnapX or QualcY, 4,6,8 Gb of RAM ... doesn't really makes sense to most. And for good reason; until you can bench it (with OS and apps), this is pointless.
    12-02-14 01:07 AM
    I gave you the spec announced by a retailer. I will repost them later. But coffee first

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-02-14 01:20 AM
    I gave you the spec announced by a retailer. I will repost them later. But coffee first

Posted via CB10
    Official Specs?
    Which version? SQC100-1, -2, -3 or -4?

Thamks for the post
    12-02-14 01:28 AM
    No. But I'd bet most 9900 users bought their Bold without (most) specs, besides the very generic "bright and larger screen", for instance.
    IMHO, there are things that BlackBerry is currently wipping out of the screen.
    Like for BES. It's now told as BES. Not BlackBerry Enterprise Services.
    It's "part of our Enterprise solutions". You'll barely ear BlackBerry; because it's now a cross-platform solution.
    Same type of reasoning here. SnapX or QualcY, 4,6,8 Gb of RAM ... doesn't really makes sense to most. And for good reason; until you can bench it (with OS and apps), this is pointless.
    But when the Bold 9900 went on sale, it had specifications listed, and I don't recall any retailer offering a pre-order of the device without listing the specifications.

I remember "5 megapixel camera," "Liquid Graphics," and that it had a Snapdragon processor, though I'm a BlackBerry fan so I' probably more tuned in.

Whether or not people care about or even read the specs is another story of course.
    12-02-14 01:38 AM
    Probably sq100-2 as my z10 is a sq100-2 Serie. Give me 10 minutes

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 02:02 AM
    Official Specs?
    Which version? SQC100-1, -2, -3 or -4?

Thamks for the post
    As I can't compy/paste everything here is the link (it is in english): https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product...0510?tagIds=82
    Click below "Specifications" to get the details where there is the little arrow.
    It is an electronc retailer in Switzerland.

To summuarize:
    Processor:
    Mobile device CPU type Qualcomm MSM8960
    Number of processor cores i 2 (Dual Core) i
    Processor clock speed i 1500 MHz
    2Gb Ram and 720*720 pixel (291ppi)
    16Gb in-built memory
    Battery 2515 mAh
    dlna
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-02-14 02:22 AM
    There was some apps that never closed yes but other apps you pressed the back button or you long pressed the back button. The apps closed.
    True. Home. Phone. BBM. Browser. Messaging, I think?? Always ran. And yes the back button could close some third party apps. But it depended as well on how the app was written. Some apps I remember I actually had to select Close or Exit from the BlackBerry menu. Pandora was one. It actually had an "Exit Pandora" menu selection and that was the only way you could truly shut it down.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-02-14 02:41 AM
    The only ones that care about spec's are measurbator fanboys that live in their mom's basements with posters of John Chen surrounding their home made BlackBerry shrine. Spec's don't matter. When the geek bench Benchmarks come out showing Apple and Android are still faster (just like the iPhone 6 demolished the Passport) then the measurbator fanboys argue on how it's not a real world comparison and then cry themselves to sleep with a picture of JC tucked under their arm...

Spec's don't matter... Never have, never will...

BlackBerry Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser
    12-02-14 07:36 AM
    Ok but unless they are planning a mighty surprise I am not sure the Classic will offer what it takes to captivate the Press... Q10 with a toolbelt better battery and larger screen? Apple must be trembling...

CB10 on my Passport
    Who the hell cares about Apple. If everyone wants to own the same phone then let them. As long as Blackberry makes good products for us to buy and doesn't lose money I'm happy. It's only a matter of time until the Internet of things hits and Blackberry can spread their love.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:52 AM
    Apple doesn't release a spec sheet but apple also doesn't reveal the phone 1 month in advance

CB10 on my Passport
    Apple does release spec sheets, they even mention the specs during the keynote. They are only notoriously silent about the RAM.

Specs don't really matter on mobile devices when you don't compare the operating system along with them. But given that the price of the Classic is already known, it is certainly odd that Blackberry keeps everything under wraps.
    12-02-14 09:14 AM
    Supa_Fly, I'm not backpedding, go back and read my initial response, you'll see that I mention long press.
    You originally stated back button. The stated back or long press; I've just read your posts, care to do the same with yours? Again we're derailing the thread off topic so I'll do my part and cease; IM open to pm though.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-02-14 10:16 AM
    Who the hell cares about Apple. If everyone wants to own the same phone then let them. As long as Blackberry makes good products for us to buy and doesn't lose money I'm happy. It's only a matter of time until the Internet of things hits and Blackberry can spread their love.

Posted via CB10
    News flash. The IoT has already hit and been here for a few short years now:
    Nest that thermostat is connected via WiFi to the Internet on your phone. They have two new products out being advertised lately.
    Home Security has been pushed for at least 6 yes by Wireless providers: Rogers Wireless and Telus Mobility here in Canada so I'm sure Verizon has a play here.
    Samsung and LG have Internet Connected fridges that will work with known and we'll established food purchase and shipping company's (the ones that buy your groceries for you and deliver to your door).

I'm just curious where legal contract employees of th leather company will be offering and trusted (such as Iron Mountain shredding services) for a timed entry code input into your house alarm, recorded actions on multiple cameras that are continuously Internet feed accessible and recorded over cloud. They enter code, deliver and place refrigerated items into your fridge, others on a counter or in a basket on the floor and then leave within set alarm timed and countdown from code entry. Don't laugh, 7yrs from now the elderly at home with busy working family members would benefit huge from this, everyone else in 12yrs.

The internet of things is already hear just nobody is paying attention and it's growth rate is VERY slow.

anon8656116 and tenshh like this.
    12-02-14 10:24 AM
    Seems many do not see the purpose of the classic...

*snip* as long a the device zips along Enterprise customers will not care about specs... again most who hold specs as the determining factor is consumer centric... an area BB is not in right now....
    Personally, I still think BB are making a mistake if this is indeed their thinking on this - Enterprise customers may well care about specs as the use of a phone will often include a wide range of enterprise apps. If they run along ok, then fine, but that's the real question in mind - will they be able to run Enterprise apps also sufficiently well? I really think the days of counting a business phone as only needing sms and email are long gone, and if they are not in the people who decide strategy at BB , then maybe they should be. If that's all thats needed my 9900 zips along for mail and sms. The classic needs to be appreciably better than that, not just ok.
    mfurman and Mr4aces like this.
    12-02-14 10:29 AM
    Personally, I still think BB are making a mistake if this is indeed their thinking on this - Enterprise customers may well care about specs as the use of a phone will often include a wide range of enterprise apps. If they run along ok, then fine, but that's the real question in mind - will they be able to run Enterprise apps also sufficiently well? I really think the days of counting a business phone as only needing sms and email are long gone, and if they are not in the people who decide strategy at BB , then maybe they should be. If that's all thats needed my 9900 zips along for mail and sms. The classic needs to be appreciably better than that, not just ok.
    I don't recall enterprise apps needing Crysis level specs... it will be. Better than just ok.. that 9900 will get smoked by the classic even when you think the specs aren't so hot.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:41 AM
    does anyone care to comment here so I am able to consider the classic pre-order ??

Looking at the mobile bands on the passport vs the classic, I noticed some bands missing on the latter which causes me someconcern for use with att usa & proximus belgium... maybe doesn't have 1800 gsm & maybe missing 2600 LTE both listed for belgian use... should I worry about that? I need full functionality both sidesof the pond...
    12-02-14 11:47 AM
    News flash. The IoT has already hit and been here for a few short years now:
    Nest that thermostat is connected via WiFi to the Internet on your phone. They have two new products out being advertised lately.
    Home Security has been pushed for at least 6 yes by Wireless providers: Rogers Wireless and Telus Mobility here in Canada so I'm sure Verizon has a play here.
    Samsung and LG have Internet Connected fridges that will work with known and we'll established food purchase and shipping company's (the ones that buy your groceries for you and deliver to your door).

I'm just curious where legal contract employees of th leather company will be offering and trusted (such as Iron Mountain shredding services) for a timed entry code input into your house alarm, recorded actions on multiple cameras that are continuously Internet feed accessible and recorded over cloud. They enter code, deliver and place refrigerated items into your fridge, others on a counter or in a basket on the floor and then leave within set alarm timed and countdown from code entry. Don't laugh, 7yrs from now the elderly at home with busy working family members would benefit huge from this, everyone else in 12yrs.

The internet of things is already hear just nobody is paying attention and it's growth rate is VERY slow.

What a sad scenario that is and personally I think and hope that never happens. We should do anything in our power to stop it.
    12-02-14 12:21 PM
    You originally stated back button. The stated back or long press; I've just read your posts, care to do the same with yours? Again we're derailing the thread off topic so I'll do my part and cease; IM open to pm though.

Maybe you have trouble reading, this is what I said, you were wrong, accept it and stop missinforming about BBOS.

"What are you talking about? Of course the back button closed apps in BBOS and on some it required a long press of the back button."
    12-02-14 12:28 PM
    Maybe you have trouble reading, this is what I said, you were wrong, accept it and stop missinforming about BBOS.

"What are you talking about? Of course the back button closed apps in BBOS and on some it required a long press of the back button."
    I want to reply to you about something, but I'm afraid he will think I'm replying to him...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-02-14 12:40 PM
    Peace People

CB10 on my Passport
    12-02-14 12:51 PM
    Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door!

Come on guys, let's stay on topic.
    12-02-14 12:53 PM
93 1234