CB10 on my Passport
    12-01-14 07:58 AM
    For the Classic? They are holding a press event on (I think) December 17th. They want the press to report on it at that time. It's called working the press in your favor.

- Freeze
    12-01-14 08:11 AM
    Good question! Wish I had a good answer.
    Mr4aces and ronfc like this.
    12-01-14 08:11 AM
    For the Classic? They are holding a press event on (I think) December 17th. They want the press to report on it at that time. It's called working the press in your favor.

- Freeze
    Makes sense, but considering they've had pre-orders for a while now, I'm not sure just how much sense.
    12-01-14 08:13 AM
    Ok but unless they are planning a mighty surprise I am not sure the Classic will offer what it takes to captivate the Press... Q10 with a toolbelt better battery and larger screen? Apple must be trembling...

CB10 on my Passport
    12-01-14 08:30 AM
    They're trying to sell it on the experience, not the hardware. Just like Apple does.

The mass market for the Classic is not a market that cares about specs.
    12-01-14 08:38 AM
    Fair point.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-01-14 08:41 AM
    Ok but unless they are planning a mighty surprise I am not sure the Classic will offer what it takes to captivate the Press... Q10 with a toolbelt better battery and larger screen? Apple must be trembling...

CB10 on my Passport
    Really? You can't seriously think Apple is their target audience. Don't start a silly war here, please.
    12-01-14 08:44 AM
    I don't but so far there is not much to write home about the Classic for BlackBerry to withold the spec sheet and yet decide to offer the phone on pre-order...

CB10 on my Passport
    12-01-14 08:46 AM
    That is the reason they are not releasing the details, because everyone will judge the device on the specs and not the experience. Spec's matter, but they don't matter that much.

The Classic is targeted at business professionals and doesn't need the hardware for heavy usage games. It just needs to be a bullet-proof communication device.

If you want a high-end gaming device, look elsewhere. But please stay with BlackBerry.
    12-01-14 08:52 AM
    I don't but so far there is not much to write home about the Classic for BlackBerry to withold the spec sheet and yet decide to offer the phone on pre-order...

CB10 on my Passport
    I doubt there's any secret sauce, that will make someone go "Wow!", but until the announcement, we just don't know.

I don't personally see the point in the phone at all, but for BlackBerry's sake I pray it hits or exceeds target sales.
    12-01-14 08:55 AM
    The Classic is not about "SPECS", but about functionality, ease of use and smooth transition from BBOS devices to BB10 devices. If someone is looking for a device with specs, they should be using the Passport.
    12-01-14 09:25 AM
    Apple never releases any spec sheets and no one bats an eye.
    knownastron and Karim Amrane like this.
    12-01-14 09:34 AM
    Because it would be disappointing to reveal that they use mediocre hardware.
    12-01-14 09:45 AM
    They're trying to sell it on the experience, not the hardware. Just like Apple does.

The mass market for the Classic is not a market that cares about specs.
    Dream on. That'll get them real far not that it's a bad phone but......
    12-01-14 09:50 AM
    Apple doesn't release a spec sheet but apple also doesn't reveal the phone 1 month in advance

CB10 on my Passport
    12-01-14 09:59 AM
    And apple is not blackberry
    12-01-14 10:55 AM
    Apple doesn't release a spec sheet but apple also doesn't reveal the phone 1 month in advance

CB10 on my Passport
    They only did that to promote buzz and raise their stock.
    calcareer likes this.
    12-01-14 11:10 AM

- Freeze
    You may be right. I would have hoped that people held out on pre-ordering until the specs were released. Although we are expecting specs between the Q10 and the Z30, it is suspect and even arrogant for BlackBerry to expect people to buy the product without specification disclosure.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-01-14 11:27 AM
    Apple never releases any spec sheets and no one bats an eye.
    The idea that you would compare Apple with Blackberry is laughable. The Apple name sells, the Blackberry name draws skepticism.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:34 AM
    As much as a BlackBerry loyalist that I am I agree it does equate to arrogance... especially in the knowledge that so many people supposedly want the tool belt and track pad

CB10 on my Passport
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-01-14 12:11 PM
    I don't know but something tells me that if you care so much about specs you aren't the target audience for this device.

Assuming the rumors are true, that the device has low to mid end specs, then there will be no big surprise to the spec hungry.

Thus if you are one who does put a lot of clout into processor speed when you make your purchase decisions you probably aren't going to pre-order one and you probably won't order one after the specs are released.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    12-01-14 12:29 PM
    At minimum, the Classic be a Q10 with a tool belt, and if they increased the battery life from 1-2 days to 3-4 days, they'll have a hit. Anyone else looking for high specs can go Passport or wait for what BlackBerry will be announcing in March at the Mobile World Congress.
    12-01-14 12:59 PM
    There is the spec online on a Swiss electronic shop available for mid December announced.

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product...elefon-3450510

Just click on "Spezifikationen "

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:07 PM
    There is the spec online on a Swiss electronic shop available for mid December announced.

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product...elefon-3450510

Just click on "Spezifikationen "

Posted via CB10
    OOH! I don't know what it is, but it has JA, I see lots of Ja in the specs...
    12-01-14 01:31 PM
93 123 ...