Does anyone out there know how to make my BB Classic sync with my PC's Outlook via BB Link 2-way, the same way my BB Torch and Outlook did via Desktop Manager so seamlessly not so very long ago? I'm fit to be tied that I cannot make changes on my PC calendar that are transferred to Classic. I've been pissed off since March when I got the Classic. Help. Please. (My configurations for calendar and contacts are definitely set to 2-way.)
    07-18-15 10:39 PM
    I have bad news for you. You aren't the only one with this problem! Most of us that still prefer to be "old fashioned" have had this problem since 10.2 came out. I wish I had a fix for you since I'm very frustrated myself. Even though BlackBerry still aims at business users they seem to be ignoring this.
    Best guess I have is that so many people are using Gmail (no way! ) and cloud based services for pretty much everything. Despite Outlook being primarily used by what used to be BlackBerry's core audience it seems that if you want to use such old tech you will just have to switch to using Outlook.com and doing cloud sync only. That's been the most common suggestion other users have given me. Often I'm also either implied or just told I'm phobic about tech or change in general. I either ignore the insult or reply depending on my mood that day. If it seems they are just trying to be helpful I explain to them I'm averse to sharing all my life with any company, much less with Microsoft. Also HIPPA laws apply, even though I'm very aware how many ignore them

So, I wish I had better news. FYI, I usually manage to save contacts and pictures when I sync, and if I put new appointments Into Outlook it sometimes will put them on my Q10. YMMV

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 12:50 PM
    you have to install outlook then it will pick it up
    07-19-15 06:33 PM
    What do you mean by "install outlook." I've been running Outlook on my PC for years.
    07-19-15 09:54 PM
    Thanks for very thoughtful and extensive reply. I do believe that some calendar entries do indeed sync from time to time, and that apparently contact changes sync seamlessly. But about outlook.com: Other than syncing through the Cloud, how will using outlook.com change my traditional way of posting calendar and contact entries on my PC? I guess I do appreciate that USB will no longer be necessary with the Cloud.
    07-19-15 09:58 PM