Hey guys,

Regarding Samsung gear S2: I heard that Gear S2 is only running on Android. So I installed Google Play Store just to get the Gear Application. I had to install Gear Plugin Software. In contrast to the normal Gear App (which made no problems) the Plugin-App is not running on my device.

Is there somebody who can help me?
    12-21-15 02:17 PM
    It'll never work with a BlackBerry 10 device, even if you get the app running.
    It'll never work with a BlackBerry 10 device, even if you get the app running.
    12-21-15 03:11 PM
    Doesn't work.

Pebble watches are the only one I know do, and even those you need a third party app to get them to work

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 05:11 PM
    It does work to a certain extent. Right now we just need a couple more programmers who have a blackberry to get serious about making the supporting services compatible with the android runtime on blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 10:47 AM
    It is amazing the number of people that make the choice to buy a Blackberry phone, then are surprised at the range of Android apps that either won't work, or won't work properly.

It will be interesting to see if the BB10 updates to Android runtime will be able to keep up with the newer Android apps. At some point, we must face the reality of the limitations of our BB10 compatibility with the Android products.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 10:56 AM
    That's because of blackberry's marketing and people all over social media like youtube showing videos about how blackberry is making a comeback since it has android apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 01:59 PM
    In facing the reality, we can either give up and not enjoy some perks that other OS users have (smartwatches), or developers make the decision to make compatibility apps and cracks and what not. Let's hope option 2 is what happens. The gear s2 is a really nice device, and it would be awesome if bb10 could work with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 01:04 PM