Now, this is being taken care of by my provider, they are taking the phone back and terminating my contract with no fee so I can get a new phone. I still love my Classic but when you go to wake up the phone from idle the screen lights up but stays blank instead of displaying the interface (keyboard lights up, as well). Makes the phone pretty useless when this happens. Searching these forums and online through Google seems to show this to be a rare issue. The carrier tried sending it away to get it fixed twice with no fix. (No fault found could not duplicate both times, while in store the salesperson managed each time I brought it in.)

I will likely get another Classic. I'm hoping this one was just a one-off defective phone. Anybody else had this issue? I just don't want to get another Classic and have this happen again. I won't likely get as much luck with my carrier essentially refunding the device a second time.

Otherwise I love the phone. I've had it for four months and outside of that glitch it is a perfect fit for what I want.

02-17-16 08:33 PM
    Never had that problem on my classic.
    I've also never had it happen on the Q10 I used to use.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 11:25 PM
    Never had that happen here.

My only problem I had with mine was the USB port started acting up until it would be very difficult to get it to charge (started with the "for faster charging, please use the charger that came with this device" message and progressively just stopped recognizing that it was plugged in)

Got that fixed at a local mobile repair shop and it's been as good as new ever since. I think the Classic is one that will last for ages if you want it to. I mean, that had to have something to do with the choice of name they gave it!
    02-17-16 11:32 PM
    it happened to me before.. after I just turned on my device I opened spotify it starts to load up then i put classic on my leather case the next time I got it the screen goes to black but the keyboard does have a light.. cant hard reset it also.. the funny thing about it is that when you call it.. it does ring. the solution for this one is to plug in ur classic to ur pc and connect it via BlackBerry link. try to check if once u try to reload ur device when the instruction to soft reset ur device will appear.. if it does appear then long press the power button (which is not working during the time that the screen goes black) if not reload the device

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 12:03 AM
    I've reloaded the device and have learned the soft reset method. The soft reset gets it working within seconds but this happens dozens a time a day to me and reloading the device doesn't seem to get rid of the problem. It's also been swiped three times.

Yep the device rings and more.... in fact, I can tell you if you start playing with the screen all your actions in your swipes are received once you get the screen to wake up.

. .
    02-18-16 05:31 AM
    No problems like that with my classic. My only problem is the end call button doesn't always end the call when pushed. Had the phone almost a year now. It's not too big of a deal as I don't make many calls

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 07:00 AM
    Well here's hoping the new Classic I've had for a few hours without issue stays this way! Thanks to those that replied.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 09:33 PM