This has been driving me nuts too(for months now) . I thought it was a hardware issue at one point. Would it be too much trouble to upload a screen shot as you did before of where the drop up menus are? I've been bashing at this for a half hour now and can't find what your tech guy found.
    Thanks
    05-16-16 08:38 PM
    This has been driving me nuts too(for months now) . I thought it was a hardware issue at one point. Would it be too much trouble to upload a screen shot as you did before of where the drop up menus are? I've been bashing at this for a half hour now and can't find what your tech guy found.
    Thanks
    On the Notifications page right under this message: "Set how you're notified of new emails, messages etc etc." you will see the 'Active Profile" on the left side of screen--select that and you will see a list of profiles that can be selected. Choose "Normal". It is very simple but many people overlook this. This is the FIRST thing you should do before you continue on to set your app preferences etc. The next step is sliding the sound to the desired level. Then select your ringtone or leave it at the default "Spirit". You will notice that the Ringtone also has a dropdown menu for changes if desired. After you do that, click Normal in the Profiles list below the Ringtone setting. This will open a new page. Make sure that the Sound is turned on here (and vibrate if you want) and Notify During Calls, Instant previews and LED are all turned on as well. Then scroll back up the page and click on "Customize App Notifications. This takes you to the next page where all your apps are (Phone, Email Messages, BBM etc.) and you can then go ahead and customize each one of them. Use this description and my examples on the previous page.
    05-16-16 08:56 PM
    Here is the before and after screenshots when I select Active Profile:
    Why does my Active Profile only allow notifications for PHONE CALLS ONLY?-img_20160516_220144.png
    Why does my Active Profile only allow notifications for PHONE CALLS ONLY?-img_20160516_220153.png
    05-16-16 09:06 PM
    I cant get my "silent" setting to really be SILENT. It will still let a call through from one of my contacts, but not anyone else.
    "Quirky" is often the word I use to describe my blackberry. Which is about the 4th in a long line of blackberries. Which I alternately love and hate. Depending on the day.
    I feel the OP's pain and struggle.
    05-30-16 03:27 PM
    I cant get my "silent" setting to really be SILENT. It will still let a call through from one of my contacts, but not anyone else.
    "Quirky" is often the word I use to describe my blackberry. Which is about the 4th in a long line of blackberries. Which I alternately love and hate. Depending on the day.
    I feel the OP's pain and struggle.
    Check that contact and make sure you don't have a special setting for them that overrides the general profile.

Posted by one of the CrackBerry apps.
    05-30-16 03:33 PM
    I selected Normal. I hit "Set as Default". No go. Guess I will have to do a Factory Software reset. Either that or return the phone and go back to a kiddie phone like Samsung or iphone (UGH!). Anyway, I now have a headache and can no longer stand the sight of any smartphone so I'm gonna take a 6 hour break or so. Thanks again for trying to solve this. Think you are right that I screwed around with it so much that something got hooked (not a trout). Just an aside: I have found the BB OS and interface to be extremely counter-intuitive and klunky compared to competitors. No wonder BB has lost so much market share but if others have similar problems then no wonder.

Hope to talk to you later. Cheers.
    The issue is not the phone, do a factory reset if you'd like. But it sounds as though you're being needlessly obtuse, as the BB10 interface really is more intuitive than any other handset. I guarantee that if there were a speedtest, any of we BB10 users could easily outpace iOS or Android in Interface navigation and productivity.

The issue you're having is that you need to select the quick settings button and check the profiles like this.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:58 AM
    Check that contact and make sure you don't have a special setting for them that overrides the general profile.

Posted by one of the CrackBerry apps.
    OmG, you fixed it!!!
    Thank you so much!
    06-01-16 10:11 PM
    Woah, nice, congrats. Glad it wasn't BlackBerry fault

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 11:01 PM
33 12