06-28-14 09:03 PM
79 1234
tools
    All I'm saying is that if they are gonna call the new classic revolutionary they need to do revolutionary things. A 3.5screen is not much of a difference from the q10 screen.. the classic looks like a q10 with a toolbelt... they should have pushed the screen as far up and theyt could have easily put the logo at the bottom of the keyboard it's a perfect spot as there is just black there.... too bad though cus BlackBerry is too cheap...
    Do not try to tell me it was for mechanical reasons. We are in 2014 are u really trying to tell me a tech giant couldn't figure out a way to maximize the screen. Or is the more obvious answer which is they are cheap and sinply keep conforming to old standards.... this happened with the q10 when. thronsten heinz ketchup said the q10 would be revolutionary and critics slammed it as being garbage

Let's see if they are even gonna include a leather holster with the classic or passport.... sad

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:23 PM
    All I'm saying is that if they are gonna call the new classic revolutionary they need to do revolutionary things.
    It can not be "Revolutionary" and "Classic" at the same time, that is a very binary assertion.

Who is calling the Classic as "Revolutionary"?
    06-22-14 07:16 PM
    It can not be "Revolutionary" and "Classic" at the same time, that is a very binary assertion.
    The Model T Ford is a revolutionary classic, isn't it?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    06-22-14 07:19 PM

Nobody called the Classic "Revolutionary". That word is property of Apple.
    06-22-14 07:35 PM
    I always say the Z10 can have a much bigger screen. To much space are wasted. Even the Z30 is to big. If you look at the Samsung they try to use all that wanted space in to a screen. I want a Z10 phone with a bigger screen

Z10 10.2.1.2941
    06-22-14 07:40 PM
    The Model T Ford is a revolutionary classic, isn't it?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Yea but as I said....not at the same time.

It was Revolutionary, it is now a classic...

Actually on a side note the T actually does not fit the definition of a true Classic (capital C used appropriately this time)

Classic Car Club of America ? Approved Classics
    06-22-14 07:55 PM
    Why do they always leave so much real estate space at the top of their devices, when it can be used as screen space? why can't they remove the logo from there, and push the ear slit button higher and you'll get like 15%-20% more real estate. Yet again blackberry has made the same mistake, we could have gotten like 20% more screen but they are too cheap... shame on you john cheng
    Do you think they actually left that space there just for the logo????

I would be willing to bet that the design of the phone required space between the screen and the top and BlackBerry then decides to put the logo there.
    06-22-14 09:09 PM
    Tell that to apple.....

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Just look at the comparison pic. Someone who has access to the phone (or time to look at the dimensions online) could probably figure out what percentage of the front of the iPhone 5 pictured is screen vs "wasted space".

If anything on the Classic is wasting space it's the toolbelt, however if it gets Chen to the magical 10 million mark, I'm all for it.
    06-22-14 09:47 PM
    I never said that the proximity censor and camera hole should be moved, there is about a nails worth of real estate space that is wasted where the BlackBerry logo is... ytthey could just place the BlackBerry logo at the bottom under the keyboard or move it higher and we would get 15%-20 more screen space.

Also it has nothing to do with function.. BlackBerry is just being cheap as usual.. look at the q10 we didn't even get a leather case holster witth it

Posted via CB10
    There is a simpler way to put all this without the controversy of the thread, let me re-phrase for you:

"I would really like to have a BB with an edge to edge screen, that would be awesome!"

I think this could perfectly replace your initial comment and save us all the fighting. But then again, you feel compelled maybe (I am guessing based on the thread conversation and your comments) to "argument" on favor of your personal preference; no need to do that while being dismissive if you are not looking to attracting some flak...

also, BB being "cheap as usual" for not including a leather case with the phone... ok, I admit I also loved it back when they did include the case in the phone box... but these times have passed, the company needs to make money to survive and the only accessory all phone users will most probably buy first is a holster... see the connection no? I am not saying it is not better to get the holster included, but I think that BB was the LAST one to change this policy, as no other phone producer that I know of, give a holster included in the pack any more... ??

Peace.
    06-23-14 05:33 AM
    Since this is a common practice at BlackBerry, I now think that they lack the tech knowledge to maximise the screen as much as possible. Think of the Samsung Galaxy or LG phones for example - the complete opposite. No?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:07 AM
    Proportionally, I don't see all that much difference in many of the phones that are manufactured today. I don't have a Z30 to measure, but the band at the top looks similar to my S4,the iPhone band is pretty darn wide, looking at images of the Classic and Passport, their bands don't look out of proportion to the standards I see most other phones.

Having disassembled a few phones, I see the reasons for the way what seems to be aesthetics is actually reasoned engineering and design. It isn't done just to please or displease the end user(s). Some of those bands, for instance are just slightly wider than the multiple cameras and sensor units that are located there.
    wincyUt and Tim Heard like this.
    06-23-14 06:48 AM
    Only from an aesthetic point of view I have to agree. I thinl the top of the Q10 and probably the classic has too much dead space.
    Putting the logo/name above the speaker / camera and reducing the length of the phone by 5mm would look awesome.
    It's only aesthetic and I can live with it - but it's not the most elegant design.
    06-23-14 08:06 AM
    [QUOTE=SackHarry;10501987]Why do they always leave so much real estate space at the top of their devices, when it can be used as screen space? why can't they remove the logo from there, and push the ear slit button higher and you'll get like 15%-20% more real estate. Yet again blackberry has made the same mistake, we could have gotten like 20% more screen but they are too cheap... shame on you john cheng[/QUOTE

Why is BlackBerry too cheap? Would you be willing to pay more?
    06-23-14 09:42 AM
    Have you looked at the latest Z30 or Z3 I believe the did as you asked, less than 1/4" and it has the speaker, camera, led, and sensor in there as well
    06-23-14 09:48 AM
    Some people just don't get it. This discussion had been worn out here. Try searching. Tip. The phone is not hollow under the logo.
    All I'm saying is that if they are gonna call the new classic revolutionary they need to do revolutionary things. A 3.5screen is not much of a difference from the q10 screen.. the classic looks like a q10 with a toolbelt... they should have pushed the screen as far up and theyt could have easily put the logo at the bottom of the keyboard it's a perfect spot as there is just black there.... too bad though cus BlackBerry is too cheap...
    Do not try to tell me it was for mechanical reasons. We are in 2014 are u really trying to tell me a tech giant couldn't figure out a way to maximize the screen. Or is the more obvious answer which is they are cheap and sinply keep conforming to old standards.... this happened with the q10 when. thronsten heinz ketchup said the q10 would be revolutionary and critics slammed it as being garbage

Let's see if they are even gonna include a leather holster with the classic or passport.... sad

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    06-23-14 09:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, how many BB10 phones do you currently own? Do you plan on buying the Classic or the Passport?
    Hope it doesn't come to you as a surprise that your opinion or preferences might NOT be universal.
    I will be getting my Passport and I don't care if it comes with a leather holster; it would only be a bonus.
    BlackBerry has to have decent margin on the devices in order to have the incentive to continue making these phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 10:00 AM
    I dont see any problem either..
    06-23-14 10:10 AM
    No! You don't get it. Because it's his opinion, by definition, it must be a mistake. I see what he means now and, whereas I previously didn't really care at all, I know understand how wrong I was, and am committed to showing everyone else the error of their ways.

I also declare the space allotted for speakers and cameras at the top of all iPhones and Androids to also be wasted space. They should be removed, along with whatever circuitry exists beneath that wasted real estate.

(Apologies in advance. May have crossed an invisible line, in which case I welcome having my sarcastic comments removed.)

Well now you're just being silly. I see and know what you mean, I just don't care and don't consider it to be a mistake, you do and that's fine but again.. it's your opinion that it's a mistake. I'm sure many will agree with you just as I'm sure many, like me, won't care. *shrug*
    06-23-14 10:54 AM
    LOL.

Some people just don't get it. This discussion had been worn out here. Try searching. Tip. The phone is not hollow under the logo.
    06-23-14 10:55 AM
    To chime in with a couple of others here, i'm willing to bet TS hasn't opened up a bb phone before. If you would have, you would have seen that the insides are crammed together, leaving little to no space to do things that people 'just don't understand that they wouldn't include'.

Yes, you could head over to 'concept devices' and see the slimmest, most attractive phone concepts out there, but realism is the factor that puts phones in stores, not who's got the slimmest, sleekest design.

So while i understand TS, TS has to understand that it's not to give you a big middle finger, it's just not possible sometimes.

About the leather pouch thing, please don't act as if Blackberry is some charity that you're supporting. It's not a three-legged dog or unicef. If you don't like the phones, don't buy them. If you, like me, love the phones, buy them. But don't base your opinion on some stupid leather holster, as if they owe you something. They don't owe you ****. You might consider yourself a loyal BB user, but you're asking yourself why you should support a company that doesn't give you a leather holster, and that you should be rewarded for not switching to an iPhone.

Now that's just silly, isn't it?
    06-24-14 08:05 AM
    I have a Z10, but what real Estate are you talking about? Logo is at the bottom of the phone.
    06-24-14 11:18 AM
    Tell that to apple.....

Posted via CB10
    Good point.

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    06-24-14 04:54 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry phones have huge bezels, so do Sony and Apple.

I don't like huge bezels now that I have a choice, so I don't buy devices from any of these manufacturers.

If the big *** bezels bother people then they won't buy.

Simple.
    06-24-14 05:20 PM
    I agree with the original poster. Bb could do a better job at utilizing the available front real estate. Bb keyboard devices don't need the logo on the front face.
    06-26-14 04:15 PM
    Why do they always leave so much real estate space at the top of their devices, when it can be used as screen space? why can't they remove the logo from there, and push the ear slit button higher and you'll get like 15%-20% more real estate. Yet again blackberry has made the same mistake, we could have gotten like 20% more screen but they are too cheap... shame on you john cheng
    More screen space is always nice. However, I really don't think BlackBerry sat around and said "let's shrink the screen size by 15% BUT we'll add some black space and our logo at the top no one will ever notice."

The screen size is whatever they want it to be. I don't think they're trying to fool anyone.
    Like others said there's probably hardware up at the top or they just designed it that way for looks.

Posted via CB10. Over my carrier's data connection due to "Limited WiFi"
    currentodysseys likes this.
    06-28-14 03:35 PM
79 1234