Can some please explain why a two year old phone with four year old specs that has been discontinued so expensive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 12:05 PM
    Becuase they don't want to lose money?

Whole reason BlackBerry has spent the last years telling people they are committed to BB10.....
    07-07-16 12:09 PM
    Revenue vs demand.
    07-07-16 12:17 PM
    Limited supply + low demand

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    07-08-16 09:17 PM
    Because they can..just..because they can.

07-08-16 10:11 PM
    Because those who like it, like it a lot.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:43 PM
    I just scored a new one for $179.00 on Ebay. (T-mobile branded)
    07-09-16 02:40 AM
    No one here is qualified to answer your question.......lol. Pure speculation and opinion. Perhaps you should contact RIM directly to inquire who is head of charging

07-09-16 07:36 AM
    Blackberry's are always extremely expensive phones especially considering their specs. I would say it had a big role in the companies downfall.

Posted via the 5X
    werner69 likes this.
    07-09-16 01:19 PM
    No one here is qualified to answer your question.......lol. Pure speculation and opinion. Perhaps you should contact RIM directly to inquire who is head of charging

How can you say we're not qualified? Not talking nuclear physics here.

Limited remaining supply means they can maximize how much they charge as long as there is demand. All that matters is that people keep paying the price and they keep shipping the phone until they're all gone.

07-09-16 01:39 PM
    The device still has a reasonable level of demand for hard core BlackBerry users as well as government and corporate clients.

No matter how many units level in their inventory channel either with carriers or in house, they will get sold and will get sold for a respectable ASP (average selling price)

I doubt BlackBerry even has a million units in stock of the Classic so I suspect we will be seeing inventory running low over the next little year or so.

I love the device, so many memories of the 9900 with its stainless steel band. Hopefully the Android version develops a following because the BlackBerry keyboard needs to live on!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:14 PM
    I just scored a new one for $179.00 on Ebay. (T-mobile branded)
    Never get anything T-Mobile branded: it'll NEVER get updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:53 PM
    I use T-Mobile so its not a major problem. I just learned how to update my z10 using an autoloader so I don't expect updates to be a problem either.
    07-09-16 03:30 PM
    Unlike the Z10, BlackBerry made fewer Classics. The Cobalt Blue one, which I bought just over seven months ago, has become extremely scarce. It is no longer on ShopBlackBerry.com, and I cannot find a new reasonably priced one anywhere. And it's a shame the bronze model was never put into limited production, either.
    07-09-16 03:54 PM
    I bought my Classic at full price and I think it was a fair price for a awesome phone. Bold lover will pay the price for it and I think they know that.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 08:24 PM
    If you look at many BlackBerry10 and earlier devices, they retain their value longer because they have a loyal customer base that are willing to buy them. But BlackBerry is the only company producing them.
    But as we move into the Android era (where other manufacturers are producing other Android devices), the prices on the phones are dropping sooner. On Amazon you can already get a Priv for less than the price of a Passport SE. And the Classic (even though being discontinued) isn't far behind.
    07-09-16 09:49 PM
    At $500, they're giving the Classic away. If you need a BlackBerry, that means you're using your device mostly for heavy-duty writing. If that's the case, you're in a tiny fraction of the smartphone market who need a precision, specialty mobile writing tool. As such, the Classic has no equal, and since the supply is now finite, the price will go up, not down.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 10:16 PM
    In my country, a classic BB which has some special traditonal features from BB devices produced in the past is about USD 350 that customer can afford it for themselves. It seems to be a reasonable price at this time when a lot of android, apple devices are also bought at the same price, but there is a sad fact that many classic BB devices still available in BB stores or mobile chains, that means those can be sold out after quite long time launching and decreasing the price as well.
    07-09-16 10:20 PM
    At $500, they're giving the Classic away. If you need a BlackBerry, that means you're using your device mostly for heavy-duty writing. If that's the case, you're in a tiny fraction of the smartphone market who need a precision, specialty mobile writing tool. As such, the Classic has no equal, and since the supply is now finite, the price will go up, not down.

Posted via CB10
    $500? where are you shopping. You can purchase new Classics on amazon for $329 and even less on ebay.
    07-10-16 05:17 AM
    Canada

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 07:07 AM
    You can get a good deal on Ebay. Lots of listings. I paid $179.00 new.. Waiting for it to arrive....
    Chase_Manley likes this.
    07-10-16 07:10 AM
    Because those who like it, like it a lot.

Posted via CB10
    True!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    07-10-16 05:56 PM
    You are right about about that. I had 3 BlackBerry Bold phones in the past and paid good money for them and had no qualms about coming out of pocket for the Classic. I love this phone and I don't need all the apps as I go to the website and save to my home screen which is great for me. I will purchase another Classic as backup to this one and will pay the price for it. <3

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 06:26 PM
    $500? where are you shopping. You can purchase new Classics on amazon for $329 and even less on ebay.
    It really depends upon the particular model he is looking for. For instance, I am on the hunt for a Cobalt Blue SQC100-4. I, too, saw the Amazon listing for a Classic at that price. The problem is that it is unclear whether that Amazon reseller is selling an international Classic (100-1) or a North American one. I'm sure the OP would not want a Classic that cannot even work in his own country.
    07-10-16 07:33 PM
    It really depends upon the particular model he is looking for. For instance, I am on the hunt for a Cobalt Blue SQC100-4. I, too, saw the Amazon listing for a Classic at that price. The problem is that it is unclear whether that Amazon reseller is selling an international Classic (100-1) or a North American one. I'm sure the OP would not want a Classic that cannot even work in his own country.
    I got my blue (-4) one off ebay - its mint condition. There is someone on here with part of a user name "donut" that has a blue one he/she was trying to trade, maybe they will sell it?
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-11-16 03:28 PM
26 12