11-28-15 02:34 PM
137 ... 456
tools
    I'd pay $1000 for a phone if it NEVER lagged in any input or command.
    lol. I feel your pain.
    09-15-15 07:12 AM
    Mine isn't slow. It's a fast Classic. Maybe yours has the flu or something, better take it in for a check up ASAP. Plus, you don't wanna get sick, do you?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:57 PM
    Mine feels faster than the iPhone 6 after I deleted all the android stuff.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:34 AM
    I find it extremely frustrating. It is a lovely phone with a great screen, but as far as quick chop chop useability, my old Bold9900 leaves it at the starting gate.
    One example - I start very early in the morning so when I switch my phone on (when it finally boots up) - I want to put it into "silent" mode so it doesn't continually beep, beep, beep telling me how many emails and messages I have had overnight - so as soon as it has finally switched on, I swipe up to unlock, swipe down to see the quick access screen, and tap "bedside mode" (the speaker icon) - Nope - nothing. Tap, tap tap tap tap tap tap - not a thing.
    It will not respond until EVERYTHING is all loaded and ready, at which time it faithfully gives out 12 or 15 email alert beeps in quick succession, waking the missus, the children and the dog.
    I loved the idea that they were going to build on the success and flawlessness of the Bold 9900, but unfortunately they came up with something four times heavier, half the speed with none of the intuitive usability of the 9900 (I would forever type one handed on the move with my 9900 - no chance with the Classic)
    I have tried my hardest but after six months, I am back to using my Bold 9900 and the Classic is now just an expensive paperweight.
    koboss likes this.
    11-21-15 12:45 AM
    I find it extremely frustrating. It is a lovely phone with a great screen, but as far as quick chop chop useability, my old Bold9900 leaves it at the starting gate.
    One example - I start very early in the morning so when I switch my phone on (when it finally boots up) - I want to put it into "silent" mode so it doesn't continually beep, beep, beep telling me how many emails and messages I have had overnight - so as soon as it has finally switched on, I swipe up to unlock, swipe down to see the quick access screen, and tap "bedside mode" (the speaker icon) - Nope - nothing. Tap, tap tap tap tap tap tap - not a thing.
    It will not respond until EVERYTHING is all loaded and ready, at which time it faithfully gives out 12 or 15 email alert beeps in quick succession, waking the missus, the children and the dog.
    I loved the idea that they were going to build on the success and flawlessness of the Bold 9900, but unfortunately they came up with something four times heavier, half the speed with none of the intuitive usability of the 9900 (I would forever type one handed on the move with my 9900 - no chance with the Classic)
    I have tried my hardest but after six months, I am back to using my Bold 9900 and the Classic is now just an expensive paperweight.
    To be honest, it takes about a quarter of an hour for any bb10 device to reach full speed after a reboot. Yeah, it's not great, but on the other hand they don't really need to be rebooted that often. Why don't you try giving the nightly shutdown a miss? Put it in bedside mode instead.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:16 PM
    its slow because its a classic: all about compromise!

I do switch between my S6 and classic every now and then but its such a relief when i back to S6. But i still do like my classic sort of
    11-23-15 11:13 AM
    Classic is slow because they put a damn 3 year old internals in a 2015 device.

Blaming anyone for installing android applications is stupid and shortsighted. If I wanted a feature phone that only can do calls, texts and occasionally browse the Web smoothly, I would have bought a $70 feature phone. Not a $500 modern smartphone.

That said, it's the best damn keyboard anywhere in the world for a phone nowadays and for someone that writes many emails and documents on the go and on travel... I'll gladly put up with the lag. But pretending it doesn't exist is ignorance.

Posted via CB10
    koboss likes this.
    11-24-15 08:31 PM
    Yep the Classic is a little sluggish. I think it's just the processor inside. It got to the point where I got almost fed up. There is really no other problem. If they would update the Classic with good specs and a capacitive keyboard, it would be a really great phone

Typed on the fantastic Pasprt SE
    11-26-15 11:45 PM
    Yes, it is a real slug in a way the Q10 never was. I wonder if the crudely bolted on code for the tool bar and trackpad is partly to blame, in addition to the dated internals.

I don't mind it being a little slower, but sometimes it feels like an 80's computer.
    11-27-15 03:44 AM
    Its slow because not only looks like oldschool Phone, also all hardware is more like 2007 phones..

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 11:28 PM
    Yes, it is a real slug in a way the Q10 never was. I wonder if the crudely bolted on code for the tool bar and trackpad is partly to blame, in addition to the dated internals.

I don't mind it being a little slower, but sometimes it feels like an 80's computer.
    How can it be slower than the Q10? That doesn't make sense at all

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:55 AM
    I am on version 10.3.2514 I have had no issues of slowness or lag. A software update may fix it for you. It would be hard for me to tell I have been on this version since day one.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 02:34 PM
137 ... 456