11-28-15 02:34 PM
137 ... 23456
tools
    I don't think the Classic is slow at all and this is coming from someone who switched over from a Passport. I think it's the perfect speed. I had an iphone 6 before the Passport and I can honestly say the Passport and Classic are faster than the iphone software wise.

I do wish the trackpad was as big as the 9900's though.

Posted via CB10
    Double tapping home buttons and scrolling through active apps is so fast man.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 06:34 PM
    Double tapping home buttons and scrolling through active apps is so fast man.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's the thing, it's totally subjective depending on how you use your device. People make comments as if they apply to everyone the same way.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    02-01-15 07:01 PM
    Well that's the thing, it's totally subjective depending on how you use your device. People make comments as if they apply to everyone the same way.

Subjective on preferences yes. But bb10 app switching is one of the fastest in terms of the amount of time it takes to go from one app to another

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 07:36 PM
    Subjective on preferences yes. But bb10 app switching is one of the fastest in terms of the amount of time it takes to go from one app to another

Posted via CB10
    That's what I mean. We all use our phones differently. I have no slowness in the way I use my Classic. Others may find an app or two (Android) they use slow so to them it makes the overall experience slow.

02-01-15 08:22 PM
    It's not slow, but when comparing it then yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 09:19 PM
    Oh do you own one? You must or you surely wouldn't be making claims just on reading specs.. I have better things to do than come on here and make things up. I'm more interested in getting help from people experiencing the same problems... Not some geek that cries everytime someone says something bad about his favorite friend in life aka bberry.
    02-03-15 08:23 PM
    Slow Performance is relative... if you are use to a 9900, Z10 and Q10, the Classic should be fine, for today's BB10. If you have gotten accustomed to a more modern device, then yes the Classic will show it's age from time to time. And this will most likely only get worse as BB10 grows in size and features.
    No, the Classic's performance at least in the Calendar app is not fine compared to the Z10 and Q10. Sometimes it takes a few seconds after pressing keys for the action to take place. Sometimes it takes so long that I start doubting I ever pressed anything (and no, I am not joking!). There is certainly a noticeable lag that I have never experienced in my Z10, Q10 and Z30.
    02-05-15 06:04 AM
    Slow as a wet week.
    02-06-15 01:17 AM
    No, the Classic's performance at least in the Calendar app is not fine compared to the Z10 and Q10. Sometimes it takes a few seconds after pressing keys for the action to take place. Sometimes it takes so long that I start doubting I ever pressed anything (and no, I am not joking!). There is certainly a noticeable lag that I have never experienced in my Z10, Q10 and Z30.
    That's obviously a software bug and unusual. Since the Z10 and Q10 didn't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 01:29 AM
    That's obviously a software bug and unusual. Since the Z10 and Q10 didn't have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    I think so too since I never experienced such a noticeable lag in the calendar app in my Z10, Q10 or Z30. I doubt it is something that the Classic hardware can not handle.
    02-06-15 07:03 AM
    speed of the Classic it is not lightning but it is not too bad....Sure we all can use better processor..
    02-06-15 12:20 PM
    I've been using the classic since Dec 19, and I haven't noticed any slowness issue with it. It may not be as fast as the passport, but it is as good as any phones out there.

I'm totally satisfied with it, and I don't have any regrets.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 12:32 PM
    For those people complaining about the classic's speed, why would you buy a phone knowing the spec. Makes no sense to me, but I must be stupid.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    02-06-15 12:45 PM
    For those people complaining about the classic's speed, why would you buy a phone knowing the spec. Makes no sense to me, but I must be stupid.

Posted via CB10
    To give you an example in my case, as mentioned in the couple of posts above, my guess is that the noticed lag in the Calendar app is probably due to a software bug, not hardware. Having said that, since the BB devices are not available worldwide in the stores for people to try out, many order them online, not expecting to have any serious issues. Hey, some people (like me), even go as far as pre-ordering them before the specs are even released! That's what some fans do because of their love for BlackBerry. Either way, regardless of the device specs, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I doubt anybody buys any phone expecting serious issues (gaps, light bleed, slowness, etc.). So, they still have every right to come to these forums and express their opinions (good or bad) about any device that they have paid money for. That's a big part of what these sites are about, and that's how both BlackBerry and consumers get educated.

To give you another example of how this works, there were many reports of double typing in the Q10. Despite these reports, many people (like me) still continued to but the device (I bought two of them) because I badly wanted them and was hoping that I will be among the lucky ones who will not have the double typing problem, which luckily I didn't. But, even if I did, I would still come to the forums and complain about it and express my concern and dissatisfaction. I don't think that would be unreasonable, do you?
    02-06-15 04:41 PM
    Wouldn't keeping one's most used apps open in active frames (as intended) solve the slow launch issues? The ability to reorder frames is there because everyone's assumed to be a multi-tasking champ, instead of an obsessive compulsive app closer.
    02-06-15 05:00 PM
    Oh do you own one? You must or you surely wouldn't be making claims just on reading specs.. I have better things to do than come on here and make things up. I'm more interested in getting help from people experiencing the same problems... Not some geek that cries everytime someone says something bad about his favorite friend in life aka bberry.
    Who are you replying to?

02-06-15 05:46 PM
    Wouldn't keeping one's most used apps open in active frames (as intended) solve the slow launch issues? The ability to reorder frames is there because everyone's assumed to be a multi-tasking champ, instead of an obsessive compulsive app closer.
    No, it doesn't. My Calendar app is kept in active frames all day, but the lag is still there. But, just to clarify, the lag is not constant. The speed is okay most of the time, but all of a sudden, you press a button to do something or change the view, and nothing happens for a few seconds (seems like it hangs). Then suddenly the phone seems to come alive and perform the task. As previously mentioned, my guess is that it's a software issue, not hardware.
    02-06-15 06:02 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    For those Classic owners now running OS 10.3.1, has performance improved?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:06 PM
    Or are people becoming to fast? Are the human race missing out because smart people are wasting parts of seconds waiting for their phones to finish tasks? I don't know, but I'm certain Newton and Da Vinci didn't care..
    Newton and Da Vinci didn't have computers either. Shall we then say we don't need them either? Anyway, I think most comments about slowness are not necessary about the actual seconds, but how the speed compares to the other devices, including existing (older) BB10 devices. Everything is relative!
    02-06-15 07:25 PM
    I tried the Classic, and just minimizing a window takes forever compared to any 10.2.1 phone, and way longer than the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 12:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is underpowered for its price.
    It is not worth the money now.
    The normal user don' t look at specs but they look for smoothness and speed and so on....and many things definitely are not running smooth. it's a fact

For 300 i would get it instantly but not for 400-450...
    You can get androids for 299 which are speced like the passport. (Xperia z2 in germany )

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Last edited by Hulk123; 02-07-15 at 08:34 AM.
    02-07-15 08:23 AM
    I am torn between my Classic and Passport. I love them both

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 11:12 AM
    One does not typically buy a BlackBerry device for lightning fast specs, an astounding camera, or a great price point.

It's all about the keyboard, and in a lot of newer use cases, the software capabilities themselves.

I currently own and use a Classic and came from a loaner Z30, and I also own and use an iphone (my old 4s is now an ipod with a dead sim in it), and my personal device was an S4 now Z10.

My daily driver is the Classic. My 4s sits in the glovebox to supply music to the car. The S4 is with a good friend. The Z30 is back with the engineer who loaned it to me. Z10 is in the nightstand on standby.

The Classic is the amalgamation of all the things BlackBerry is good at.
    02-07-15 11:24 AM
    I am torn between my Classic and Passport. I love them both

Posted via CB10
    I chose the device I use most, the Classic!
    02-07-15 11:27 AM
    I like my Classic (10.3.1.747) a lot, but I can't deny it:
    Coming from a 9790 with BBOS7 the Classic is terribly slow.
    And I don't mean fancy Android apps, I mean the simple things like opening an email in the hub or opening the browser
    Many things that worked in OS7 instantly take now about 1-2 seconds of animations.
    Universal search is unbelievably slow compared to OS7.
    But for me the good things outweigh this.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    02-07-15 01:26 PM
137 ... 23456