I have quite a lot of Android apps installed on my Classic, which may be due to it being sluggish at times, but not frequent enough to get on my nerves.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1.2243)
    02-07-15 04:11 PM
    I like my Classic (10.3.1.747) a lot, but I can't deny it:
    Coming from a 9790 with BBOS7 the Classic is terribly slow.
    And I don't mean fancy Android apps, I mean the simple things like opening an email in the hub or opening the browser
    Many things that worked in OS7 instantly take now about 1-2 seconds of animations.
    Universal search is unbelievably slow compared to OS7.
    But for me the good things outweigh this.
    Hopefully this gets fixed with future OS updates, I'm holding onto my 9900 until all the bugs get worked out, either that or Classic 2 which I believe will be the perfect BB qwerty phone if it ever gets released.
    02-07-15 04:19 PM
    I used a passport for 2 months . The classic is a little slower. However the size and physical call keys more than compensate for me. Don't really use android apps
    02-07-15 09:39 PM
    I like my Classic (10.3.1.747) a lot, but I can't deny it:
    Coming from a 9790 with BBOS7 the Classic is terribly slow.
    And I don't mean fancy Android apps, I mean the simple things like opening an email in the hub or opening the browser
    Many things that worked in OS7 instantly take now about 1-2 seconds of animations.
    Universal search is unbelievably slow compared to OS7.
    But for me the good things outweigh this.
    Universal search only recently became slow as ****... since 10.3+... look at the 10.2.1 and below universal search.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:10 AM
    Universal search only recently became slow as ****... since 10.3+... look at the 10.2.1 and below universal search.

Posted via CB10
    This is true. 10.3 sucks

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, the universal search sucks in 10.3.1, they even got rid of the coolest feature which was posting facebook status updates in one step. Before you could type: "fb This is my update" and can post that right away. Now you have to simply type "fb" then press enter, wait to watch that ridiculous balloon animation to show you're going to post a facebook status, then type the status, then press post... Somehow a 2-step process turned into a 5-step process and this is what they consider "progress." smfh

The way they have it now it's pretty much faster just to launch the freakin' app and post it that way...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-08-15 12:41 PM
    For facebook post in universal search type fb "ur msg" enter and ur msg is then in the balloon and hit post. So it's not that bad.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 12:59 PM
    Yep, the universal search sucks in 10.3.1, they even got rid of the coolest feature which was posting facebook status updates in one step. Before you could type: "fb This is my update" and can post that right away. Now you have to simply type "fb" then press enter, wait to watch that ridiculous balloon animation to show you're going to post a facebook status, then type the status, then press post... Somehow a 2-step process turned into a 5-step process and this is what they consider "progress." smfh

The way they have it now it's pretty much faster just to launch the freakin' app and post it that way...

It's because they combined the search app and voice command app into one. And didn't properly optimize it or even check with consumers before going ahead with that decision...

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:29 PM
    For facebook post in universal search type fb "ur msg" enter and ur msg is then in the balloon and hit post. So it's not that bad.

Posted via CB10
    Not on mine, are you using the new update to 10.3.1? I'm still on 1154 and it doesn't enter anything into the balloon.

02-08-15 01:45 PM
    Yea I'm on leak 2072

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:22 PM
    Yea I'm on leak 2072

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, that's good to hear that they fixed it then. Thanks for reporting that, it does make me feel better.

02-08-15 09:06 PM
    I have just purchased a classic which i was quite excited about. Once i set it up with no apps installed i noticed the same sluggishness mentioned in this thread. Opening and composing emails is slow as well as opening and creating events in the calender. I am thinking of going back to my Galaxy S5 if performance remains the same.

I have read that the 10.3.2 OS update brings performance improvements. Has anyone installed the latest update and noticed performance improvements?

I am still on 10.3.1 and have not yet received the update over the air. Does anyone know when it comes to Australia?
    07-02-15 08:14 AM
    I have just purchased a classic which i was quite excited about. Once i set it up with no apps installed i noticed the same sluggishness mentioned in this thread. Opening and composing emails is slow as well as opening and creating events in the calender. I am thinking of going back to my Galaxy S5 if performance remains the same.

I have read that the 10.3.2 OS update brings performance improvements. Has anyone installed the latest update and noticed performance improvements?

I am still on 10.3.1 and have not yet received the update over the air. Does anyone know when it comes to Australia?
    I don't even bother with the "when is the update coming to xxxxx" anymore, I just download the files from here and load it on my phone itself. So much better than waiting...

TgeekB likes this.
    07-02-15 11:29 AM
    yes it is slow i agree. Ever since i picked up a new plan with my galaxy s6 i havent gone back to the classic.
    07-02-15 11:36 AM
    Thanks.

Where can i find the files? Is it on crackberry?
    07-02-15 03:14 PM
    Thanks.

Where can i find the files? Is it on crackberry?
    There are different versions, mine is on 10.3.2.798 which I think is one of the latest versions that went "official." But I think the best build for you might depend on the network you're on. Direct any questions on the BB10 OS Leak forum, do a search there for some FAQs and other guides.

07-02-15 04:52 PM
    I came from a 99 and was negative about the Classic spec pre launch. I have been on the Classic since launch date. After a month of frustration with BB10, I have not mastered the OS. There are limitation do to the weight and size, but overall it performs flawless especially with 10.3.2.2339.

Other than one hand typing or using the device in bed this phone is rocking!

I still use my 99 as a second phone when I'm at work in a dirty environment so I don't destroy the Classic.

Unless you have tried the latest Beta OS quit complaining.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:41 AM
    I'm running whatever 10.3.2 BlackBerry has pushed. Lots of random slowdowns, bugs, some issues that have required hard resets (battery pull via volume keys).

I'm not really too happy with performance these days. No BB10 phone has really been up to snuff, but the rest of the experience makes up for the issues imo.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 12:45 PM
    I just got my classic two weeks ago and I have no lag at all. Had a Z10 for two years, but broke it before my contract was up and was forced to use a Samsung s4 for the last two months of my contract. Android is crap and slow and not user friendly in the least. My new classic is blazing fast, no lag, no having to use 50 different apps to achieve what I can do with just the BlackBerry Hub. Maybe these people having issues with 1 or 2 seconds of wait time need to restart their phones or maybe they are just really really impatient. 1 or 2 seconds to open an app omg how horrible for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:05 PM
    I just got my classic two weeks ago and I have no lag at all. Had a Z10 for two years, but broke it before my contract was up and was forced to use a Samsung s4 for the last two months of my contract. Android is crap and slow and not user friendly in the least. My new classic is blazing fast, no lag, no having to use 50 different apps to achieve what I can do with just the BlackBerry Hub. Maybe these people having issues with 1 or 2 seconds of wait time need to restart their phones or maybe they are just really really impatient. 1 or 2 seconds to open an app omg how horrible for you.

Posted via CB10
    Grow up, bud. Performance is sluggish. It adds up over time. Get over it, that's what the thread is about.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 07:42 PM
    Grow up, bud. Performance is sluggish. It adds up over time. Get over it, that's what the thread is about.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you follow your own advice. The BB10 OS isn't sluggish or slow in the slightest; and if you are having sluggish and slow performance, then you best start looking for what you might have installed or done to cause said sluggishness and lag.

I'm running a 2 year old Q10 and it's not sluggish and it doesn't slow down. I suspect that the ones complaining are running one or more Android apps that are not playing nicely with the Android runtime and that their permissions are all set to run in the background regardless.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 08:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get over what? I'm not the one whining about bs. ADD culture everything has to be instantaneous. They make meds for ADD now.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:20 PM
    It's the same as the Q10 which isn't that bad.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    07-04-15 12:41 PM
    Yeah, neither are that bad. But the Passport is night and day better than the Classic when it comes to smoothness. 95% of the time the Classic and Q10 are great, but the rest of it, it tends to hang up. Inputting text into text fields can be awful. Text catching up to the user. Bouncing between settings pages can lag or crash. Accidentally queueing up two actions at the same time (I've noticed that doing something during an animation on any modern OS can crash whatever's going on. Using the Surface 3 today, I crashed the 8.1 start page). It's little things that can be annoying. (and let me tell you, I hate win 8.1 compared to BB10 for mobile devices. I wish wish wish BlackBerry would release a playbook follow-up).

All I'm saying is that 10.3.2 is not as smooth as 10.2.1, and neither the Classic nor the Q10 are quite powerful enough to handle the OS at 100% for 100% of the time.

And for everyone that is complaining about complainers: BB10 handsets are business tools first and foremost. They cost more than similarly specced consumer smartphones. I expect more uptime with professional equipment. Uptime is money. Any business knows this, no matter the industry. (that's over-expecting of what is really a consumer handset, but I think of them as a higher grade of device than Apple, Microsoft, or Android offerings).

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:35 PM
    I sure do get tired of the constant mini-delays this phone has. Wonder if any of the OS updates has improved on this?

I'd pay $1000 for a phone if it NEVER lagged in any input or command.
    09-15-15 06:52 AM
137 ... 3456