So I have simply forced myself to slow down and except less efficiency.
    I think I will do the same. In many ways classic is a huge step from the 9900. It definitely feels more modern. I no longer cringe when someone emails me a web link to open.

I should also point out two things re: my OP:

1) I am being somewhat finicky here - my "sluggish" responses are less than one second, so it's not as if you're hanging out staring at a cursor for ungodly amounts of time. But it does force me to wait a beat (or three) between steps where the 9900 was just seamless.
    2) It doesn't always feel sluggish. I closed all of the apps, and if you have used the hub recently (so presumably it's not swapped out of memory) the experience can be good, not great. It's still slower than the simpler 9900 interface, but at times it does approach "snappy".

I'm probably going to stick with it because there's so much good here. (And I don't see how ppl live w/o a trackpad). I'd rather have instant response than fancy anti-aliased fonts though, so I suppose it's a question of priorities and not everyone is on the same page.
    01-11-15 08:20 PM
    Did you use WiFi or an app that slowed down the calendar???
    What calendar are you using????
    Nothing running except the 4 active tiles that you see in video.

This is the Home (device) calendar. I'm not sync'ing anything but 5 email accounts (no contacts, no calendars).

This lag is not all the time but I'd estimate it to be poor like the video shows 2 out of 10 times I access the calendar.
    01-12-15 08:02 PM
    Nothing running except the 4 active tiles that you see in video.

This is the Home (device) calendar. I'm not sync'ing anything but 5 email accounts (no contacts, no calendars).

This lag is not all the time but I'd estimate it to be poor like the video shows 2 out of 10 times I access the calendar.
    oh ok, I have only one email account and I don't usually keep more than to frame open
    01-12-15 08:21 PM
    I just recently switched from the q10 to the new classic. It's so far the slowest blackberry I have owned. I can't even send a text normally. It just sits in the inbox no matter how many times I press enter. The search is slow, the Internet freezes up. As I'm trying to type this I can literally type 3 words before one is actually showing. And I have a pretty good idea why. The salesman at the store told me they cheaped out on the processor to bring the price point down. So the q10 has a larger faster processor than the classic. Great idea.
    01-29-15 12:49 PM
    I just recently switched from the q10 to the new classic. It's so far the slowest blackberry I have owned. I can't even send a text normally. It just sits in the inbox no matter how many times I press enter. The search is slow, the Internet freezes up. As I'm trying to type this I can literally type 3 words before one is actually showing. And I have a pretty good idea why. The salesman at the store told me they cheaped out on the processor to bring the price point down. So the q10 has a larger faster processor than the classic. Great idea.
    Q10 and classic have the exactly same specs... it is basicly the same phone but the classis has a larger screen and blackberry toolbelt.
    I think you just want to try to troll here

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    01-29-15 01:12 PM
    I'm a 9900 user and was eager to get the Classic but I'm happy I waited as I want to wait until the speed issues get fixed with future updates(hopefully) if not I'm gonna hold out for the Classic 2 because such sluggishness for a business device is unacceptable.
    AllanQuatermain and Chrisy like this.
    01-29-15 01:25 PM
    Sorry but mine is almost as fast as the passport
    The difference is almost not noticeable
    I have about 10 android apps, many BlackBerry apps 4 mails Facebook -twitter but I haven't got any lag ,3 weeks now
    The device works smoothly
    Don't hear many passport owners trying to convince everyone that the passport is the fastest device out there
    Smoothness and fastening between both devices is almost the same
    Firstly try a clean restore and i believe it will get fixed
    P.s owner of both but love the classic more

Posted via CB10
    law_ren22 likes this.
    01-29-15 01:27 PM
    Z 30
    01-29-15 01:28 PM
    I don't know what people are complaining about the phone is just fine I don't know what you are all expecting with the same specs as Q10. All my Andriod apps run perfectly fine sometimes little lag but nothing to complain about

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:40 PM
    Universal search is terribly slow, not on Classic specifically, but on 10.3.1. I hope they improve it soon and bring back the posting on facbook and twitter instant actions that disappeared since 10.3...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-29-15 06:49 PM
    Give it a restart

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:37 PM
    The Q10 and Classic both have the same processor.....

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:27 PM
    I'm a 9900 user and was eager to get the Classic but I'm happy I waited as I want to wait until the speed issues get fixed with future updates(hopefully) if not I'm gonna hold out for the Classic 2 because such sluggishness for a business device is unacceptable.
    What sluggishness?

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-29-15 08:33 PM
    There's one thing that I do notice with the Classic, I think more so than the 9900: when typing a message on an Internet forum (as I am now!) there is quite a big delay in the text showing. Otherwise speed seems OK.

Any thoughts as to why that delay should be? I get the same thing on another unrelated forum I frequent too...
    01-30-15 07:39 AM
    There's one thing that I do notice with the Classic, I think more so than the 9900: when typing a message on an Internet forum (as I am now!) there is quite a big delay in the text showing. Otherwise speed seems OK.

Any thoughts as to why that delay should be? I get the same thing on another unrelated forum I frequent too...
    Use crackberry app!!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:25 AM
    Use crackberry app!!

Posted via CB10
    Err, funnily enough I suspect that will only help on the Crackberry forum! I also post for example on a rail industry forum and it's particularly bad there. I think I could use summat like Tapatalk but I'd rather get to the root of the problem really.
    01-30-15 11:24 AM
    What sluggishness?

The same sluggishness that many users are reporting in this thread.
    01-30-15 11:41 AM
    When BlackBerry would allow two devices with the same BlackBerry ID to use the same apps and BBM contacts with both phones, I would consider getting the classic as my Passports little brother.

My dilemma is just that I would have to purchase all apps again and add my BBM contacts twice to be able to switch seamlessly between two phones.

Any thoughts on that?

Posted via CB10
    We are able to do that. I did that when I used my Q10 and Z10. Now I have that with my Q10 and Passport.

All 3 phones have their own sims. I simply log into my online carrier account and complete a sim swap.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:00 PM
    The same sluggishness that many users are reporting in this thread.
    Isn't that subjective? Is it so bad it stops people from getting work done?

01-30-15 03:06 PM
    Here you go.
    My Classic does not load the calendar the way I just saw in the vid. Overall, the Classic has surprised me with how quick it's been especially since I was expecting it to be slow after using my Passport since it's launch. Overall, it's been an amazing experience with the Classic. I didn't expect to like it so damn much. In fact, my wife started to mess around with it and has now taken it from me as her main device and given me back my Z30 as my secondary.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:30 PM
    Classic is what it is!!! It is supposed to do its multitasking the way within the framework of its abilities and capacity. So, it does its job with rating of 10/10 by me personsonally and it's done in a very optimized manner and thus you should stop ranting and trying to troll!!

Classic is way better !!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-01-15 01:43 AM
    If I had a choice between the Classic and Passport and I've owned both currently have the Classic hands down il say the Classic and I loved the Passport. This classic is just the right size for me

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 02:47 AM
    The Passport is not "above" the Classic. They are two distinctly different devices. One device may be preferred over the other. I have owned both devices since their release, and ultimately end up with the Classic being used 80% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-01-15 07:49 AM
    I know the classic has the same processor but it is slow open text and emails ? anything I can do.
    02-01-15 03:49 PM
    I don't think the Classic is slow at all and this is coming from someone who switched over from a Passport. I think it's the perfect speed. I had an iphone 6 before the Passport and I can honestly say the Passport and Classic are faster than the iphone software wise.

I do wish the trackpad was as big as the 9900's though.

Posted via CB10
    eji930 and pandabear444 like this.
    02-01-15 06:32 PM
137 12345 ...