You could have a $3000 Alienware computer... and if you don't disable the Ads and Scripts that run with the CB forums on a regular browser.... it will take a while to load.

Slow Performance is relative... if you are use to a 9900, Z10 and Q10, the Classic should be fine, for today's BB10. If you have gotten accustomed to a more modern device, then yes the Classic will show it's age from time to time. And this will most likely only get worse as BB10 grows in size and features.

I had to downgrade back to an official 10.2.1 on my Z10 awhile back... it was much faster than the 10.3.1.1154 leak I was using. But then there were features missing. I'm sure BB10 developers are looking at the improvements in hardware and are working to add features that can take advantage of these improvements.... just like Google, Windows and Apple are doing.
    The well presented responses, like the quote above, illustrate that criticism without context is like a "snapshot" of a movie.
    01-05-15 09:19 AM
    The well presented responses, like the quote above, illustrate that criticism without context is like a "snapshot" of a movie.
    Context for my reply was the OP's reference to "Classic > Browser > CB Forums".
    01-05-15 12:23 PM
    I find that the Classic is slow even at the most fundamental task: composing an email. When I tap the icon to compose an email, it takes between three and four seconds to bring up the screen asking me to select an account. That's slow.

Joel
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-09-15 04:17 PM
    If you have gotten accustomed to a more modern device, then yes the Classic will show it's age from time to time. And this will most likely only get worse as BB10 grows in size and features.
    The Classic will show its age?
    It's a brand new device! It hasn't any age to show. You can argue it has older specs... but that's a different matter all together.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:12 PM
    First things first- love my Classic!

But let's be realistic guys. It is very slow loading and running many app.

SiriusXM is opens and runs with an insane lag! It takes 3 seconds to change the channel!

Uber is very slow to the point of almost be useless.

Instagram works but not nearly as well as on my iPad

That's my experience coupled with quite a few random resets as well as quite a bit of frustration with the trackball not working as well as it should. Also, gone is the 'click click' sound when you roll the trackball around.

These are things they need to work on. Overall I love the device for MESSAGING and PHONE CALLS as well as BROWSING.
    anon(9184750) and yueytan like this.
    01-09-15 05:32 PM
    I'm mostly happy with the speed and don't find it detrimental to my usage. One app that I do wish was a bit faster is the native Twitter. I find it slow to the point that it discourages me from even going on it.

Was using Blaq on my Z10 but the latest build was giving me too many issues and have yet to redownload.

Posted via CB10 with the beautiful keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-09-15 07:35 PM
    First things first- love my Classic!

But let's be realistic guys. It is very slow loading and running many app.

SiriusXM is opens and runs with an insane lag! It takes 3 seconds to change the channel!

Uber is very slow to the point of almost be useless.

Instagram works but not nearly as well as on my iPad

That's my experience coupled with quite a few random resets as well as quite a bit of frustration with the trackball not working as well as it should. Also, gone is the 'click click' sound when you roll the trackball around.

These are things they need to work on. Overall I love the device for MESSAGING and PHONE CALLS as well as BROWSING.
    Does siriusxm run ok if you don't change channels? I only listen to one usually.

Also don't put that all on blackberry. Siriusxm never updates that app.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:00 PM
    I own the Classic since two weeks and had an iPhone 5s before. Basically I am quite happy with my new phone (especially the battery life is amazing), BUT the phone is slower than my iPhone. I see it when I open the calendar app, clock app and more importantly android apps like spotify.

I really hope blackberry can improve the speed with future updates....
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-09-15 08:09 PM
    I've had the classic 3 weeks now and can only glow about the phone. The battery life improves by the day. I don't notice any sluggishness but then I don't use android apps or play any non native games on my classic.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    01-09-15 08:15 PM
    Because the specs are two years old.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Chrisy and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-09-15 08:24 PM
    I love threads like this. I owned a Q10 for almost 2 years. Now I have an iPhone 5s. I am going to wait for the next version of the classic. If even native calendar apps are running slow that's a deal breaker by a mile. Come on blackberry. This is supposed to be a business device ?
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-10-15 11:10 AM
    Can anyone complaining of it running slow post some videos so the rest of us on the fence looking to get one can see it?
    01-10-15 11:21 AM
    I'm mostly happy with the speed and don't find it detrimental to my usage. One app that I do wish was a bit faster is the native Twitter. I find it slow to the point that it discourages me from even going on it.

Was using Blaq on my Z10 but the latest build was giving me too many issues and have yet to redownload.

Posted via CB10 with the beautiful keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic
    Anyone else find twitter slow on the Classic? Other than messaging this is the app I use the most and if true would make me shy away from upgrading to the Classic. Still torn between the Passport and Classic.
    01-10-15 11:33 AM
    You want power then passport

Z 30
    01-10-15 12:17 PM
    Twitter works fine on my Classic and I have no delays with compose or the calendar app.
    Wmsi likes this.
    01-10-15 02:52 PM
    I keep my Classic fairly clean inside. I don't have a lot of Android apps and junk on it. That could make a big difference.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-10-15 03:05 PM
    Can anyone complaining of it running slow post some videos so the rest of us on the fence looking to get one can see it?
    Here you go.
    01-10-15 03:09 PM
    Of course it's slow, it promises the BBOS experience.

*badum-tish*

But anyway, deep down it's a Q10, and thus 2012 parts.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy, AL8x B and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-10-15 03:17 PM
    Guys specs are only half of the experience. Yes the classic internals aren't helping but there's no reason the calendar should be that slow. It's likely an issue with the app and how much processing power it takes to sync calendars. I've seen enough classic videos to know the phone runs better than that. I'm sure they will fix it in a software update.

Yes you can provide killer specs to "muscle" your way though any problem but that still doesn't justify having a poorly optimized app

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-10-15 04:00 PM
    I agree. I kept my 9900 because I wanted the physical keyboard, so the jump to the classic is large for me. It is a great device and it's nice to actually be able to use the browser when I need one.

But the rub is that my berry is first and foremost an email/messaging device and I'm starting to feel that it's coming up short here. To compose a message in the hub I have to wait on the windows to pop up, first hitting C to the window to choose which channel (eg which email acct), and then hitting the key for that account and waiting for the message composition window to fill in. The worst part is that I could live with this if I could just hit C E and then start typing my message, but I can't. The message composition window doesn't see anything I've typed until the sluggish window has popped open. So I'm sitting there waiting for the schmancy GUI just to shoot a reply. This was definitely not the case on my 9900, and it's starting to feel like buyers remorse. Also, in the hub I can't just hit R or A to reply to a message - I have to drill down into the conversation before those work. Annoying, but even more so given the sluggishness of the windows opening.

Any suggestions on how to speed this up? I'd love to keep the classic and be happy with it... This day in day out annoyance could drive me back to my 9900 (or worse).
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-11-15 03:28 PM
    I have to wait on the windows to pop up,

Any suggestions on how to speed this up? I'd love to keep the classic and be happy with it... This day in day out annoyance could drive me back to my 9900 (or worse).
    Yup, there are certainly lots of issues.

I am dealing with these issues because I refuse to continue to carry and manage 2 devices on a daily basis.

So I have simply forced myself to slow down and except less efficiency.
    01-11-15 04:35 PM
    I agree. I kept my 9900 because I wanted the physical keyboard, so the jump to the classic is large for me. It is a great device and it's nice to actually be able to use the browser when I need one.

But the rub is that my berry is first and foremost an email/messaging device and I'm starting to feel that it's coming up short here. To compose a message in the hub I have to wait on the windows to pop up, first hitting C to the window to choose which channel (eg which email acct), and then hitting the key for that account and waiting for the message composition window to fill in. The worst part is that I could live with this if I could just hit C E and then start typing my message, but I can't. The message composition window doesn't see anything I've typed until the sluggish window has popped open. So I'm sitting there waiting for the schmancy GUI just to shoot a reply. This was definitely not the case on my 9900, and it's starting to feel like buyers remorse. Also, in the hub I can't just hit R or A to reply to a message - I have to drill down into the conversation before those work. Annoying, but even more so given the sluggishness of the windows opening.

Are you saying with 9900 you can start blasting your emails before the window even pops up?! If that's the case I completely understand why people keep wanting to go back to 9900. That's not keyboard shortcut support, that's keyboard shortcuts chain support. I have never gotten to that level of efficiency with any of my BlackBerries and didn't even know that level exists.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-11-15 05:19 PM
    Here you go.
    I watch your youtube video. Did you use WiFi or an app that slowed down the calendar???
    Then I checked mine and there was no lag at all on my device. I'm using outlook calendar to sync it work quite nicely. What calendar are you using????

From Classic
    01-11-15 05:55 PM
    Of course by pressing �C� you will have a window that pop up for you to choose a account because that's how the hub work

From Classic
    01-11-15 06:00 PM
    If you don't want to do with. Then you need to use the assistant just by writing email

From Classic
    01-11-15 06:02 PM
137 1234 ...