Which applications or tasks run slow on the Classic? My 9900, z10 & q10 have performed well. So why are there posts claiming "slow performance"?
    01-03-15 09:13 PM
    Which applications or tasks run slow on the Classic? My 9900, z10 & q10 have performed well. So why are there posts claiming "slow performance"?
    what post are you referring to? Or maybe it has to do with some android apps...I don't use them so the Classic is just as good as my Z 30 for speed..

read>http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lassic-987700/

and>http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-987897/
    01-03-15 09:21 PM
    I'm referring to various posts in this site that claim the Classic is slow or slower.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:37 PM
    read the to post above you

some people will complain no matter what
    01-03-15 09:44 PM
    When it comes to native apps and functions it's smooth for the most part. When it comes to Android apps it's a little sluggish compare to a quad core Device. Still a great phone overall.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-03-15 09:49 PM
    Thanks, I'm aligned along the view of the referred link.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:49 PM
    I'm referring to various posts in this site that claim the Classic is slow or slower.

Posted via CB10
    Since the Classic has Q10 specs, it is bound to be slower in terms of raw speeds compared to the Passport or any of the latest Android devices. That is why you hear claims of the Classic's slowness. However, these claims apply primarily to resource-hungry apps and games.

If you are interested in productivity apps, then (as indicated in most reviews), you'll be fine. If, on the other hand, you are chasing specs when you buy your phone, then your perception will be colored by questions like "Can I use this phone over 2 years?".

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-03-15 09:52 PM
    Artlu629, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:53 PM
    As a former iphone user, the classic is far from slow.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:56 PM
    With the Classic I'm getting the Q10 + toolbar + the Classic enhancements. That seems to add up to a great device!

Posted via CB10
    andy957, Chrisy and chris8189 like this.
    01-03-15 10:00 PM
    I understand now, some people are just finding a way to complain. I'll run barely any android apps. I'll be very happy with that toolbar interface. Having the multiple ways to interact with the device is not matched by any other devices I know of, even my Passport would be 2nd place in that comparison.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tagumcity; 01-03-15 at 10:43 PM.
    acovey and pandabear444 like this.
    01-03-15 10:12 PM
    I have been using the Classic going on four days now and I have about 15 Android news, sports and reference apps installed on the device and they all run just fine.

I do see a little lag from time to time but not a big deal and as a whole, this device is a keeper and has now become my daily driver and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-04-15 08:37 AM
    Don't listen to the dozens of Passport users who like to come to the Classic forum, telling us all that the Classic is a ****ty phone, and that we should all embrace the light that is the Passport ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:46 AM
    I love my Classic and I am not intending to leave it for the Passport or any other device at least for now. However, I must admit it is slow, indeed! I am coming from Note 3 and so there is a noticeable difference in the speed of the two. I still want to keep it (and by the way I am a one-phone man) because of the keyboard, one hand use and for a little bit of nostalgic value too .

I am pretty sure they are going to come up with a faster version of Classic in a year or so. They may even come up with a hybrid device combining the Passport and Classic. Long term strategy, eh?
    01-04-15 09:58 AM
    Well, Classic is definitely slower than Z30/Passport (even in everyday usage). Whether this is enough for you to call it "slow" is a matter of personal taste. For many users it's still fast enough.
    01-04-15 10:03 AM
    Yes it is indeed slower than the passport but I still prefer the Classic
    01-04-15 10:41 AM
    When BlackBerry would allow two devices with the same BlackBerry ID to use the same apps and BBM contacts with both phones, I would consider getting the classic as my Passports little brother.

My dilemma is just that I would have to purchase all apps again and add my BBM contacts twice to be able to switch seamlessly between two phones.

Any thoughts on that?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:15 AM
    I'm contemplating moving from my Passport to a Classic - can you share some brief thoughts on why you prefer the Classic??
    01-04-15 04:28 PM
    Because the full size keyboard with its alt and shift key ist just faster. I also disliked the size about the passport. While the Passport is an awesome device. These two things killed it for me. One handed turned out to be too important for me.
    01-04-15 05:41 PM
    I'm contemplating moving from my Passport to a Classic - can you share some brief thoughts on why you prefer the Classic??
    The Q10 ran quite satisfactory for me, but I really missed the control of the trackpad. The toolbar allows for me to "customize" how I interact with the device. You can really take the whole device and "push it" to the max and "move forward" on your terms. I like the size and form of "Bold" type (9900, Q10, Classic).
    01-04-15 05:42 PM
    When BlackBerry would allow two devices with the same BlackBerry ID to use the same apps and BBM contacts with both phones, I would consider getting the classic as my Passports little brother.

My dilemma is just that I would have to purchase all apps again and add my BBM contacts twice to be able to switch seamlessly between two phones.

Any thoughts on that?

Posted via CB10
    I switch phones all the time and you can have the same BlackBerry ID with the same apps carried over (provided they're compatible with your device -- i.e. what works on a Z30 may not be available for the Passport) on multiple phones. What you can't have however, is your BBM ID active on two or more devices simultaneously. As soon as you launch and sign into BBM on a different device, BlackBerry will ask you if you want to switch devices.

What I want is a dual SIM BlackBerry so that I can have both my personal and work #s on the same device!

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-04-15 06:04 PM
    Calendar is often laggy and launching android apps definitely takes several seconds most of the time. Also some web sites take many seconds to fully load, CB forums being one of them.
    01-05-15 05:54 AM
    I've tried the passport, but not yet received my (ordered) classic. I would have kept the passport, but for me I found I needed some 'no man's land' between the top row of keys and the touch screen - hopefully provided by the toolbelt on the Classic. Without this safety margin on the Passport I always mistyped words filled with punctuation marks as my fingers touched the screen as well as the key.

If the Passport had the full keyboard and toolbelt, I for one, would be very happy...
    01-05-15 06:56 AM
    I've tried the passport, but not yet received my (ordered) classic. I would have kept the passport, but for me I found I needed some 'no man's land' between the top row of keys and the touch screen - hopefully provided by the toolbelt on the Classic. Without this safety margin on the Passport I always mistyped words filled with punctuation marks as my fingers touched the screen as well as the key.

If the Passport had the full keyboard and toolbelt, I for one, would be very happy...
    I agree. It's a little challenging to use the PP while laying on your back and trying to type (gravity tips the balancing).
    01-05-15 07:03 AM
    Calendar is often laggy and launching android apps definitely takes several seconds most of the time. Also some web sites take many seconds to fully load, CB forums being one of them.
    You could have a $3000 Alienware computer... and if you don't disable the Ads and Scripts that run with the CB forums on a regular browser.... it will take a while to load.

Slow Performance is relative... if you are use to a 9900, Z10 and Q10, the Classic should be fine, for today's BB10. If you have gotten accustomed to a more modern device, then yes the Classic will show it's age from time to time. And this will most likely only get worse as BB10 grows in size and features.

I had to downgrade back to an official 10.2.1 on my Z10 awhile back... it was much faster than the 10.3.1.1154 leak I was using. But then there were features missing. I'm sure BB10 developers are looking at the improvements in hardware and are working to add features that can take advantage of these improvements.... just like Google, Windows and Apple are doing.
    MarsupilamiX and kbz1960 like this.
    01-05-15 07:38 AM
137 123 ...