Especially for the holiday season. I get it's not a hot commodity but I checked Telus at Yorkdale Mall and they told me that they didn't receive any shipments. Same thing at Bell. Is it the carriers not playing ball or are they actually waiting for shipments?

Let me know if any have luck finding one, particularly at Telus.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:38 AM
    Just have a look at the TELUS website and you'll see why. They bury BlackBerry down at the bottom. Heck, they even have Alcatel phones ahead of BlackBerry... I didn't even know Alcatel was making phones. Also, TELUS is selling the Classic outright at $550, which is even more than the Classic's MSRP or unlocked version direct from BlackBerry. Kind of tells you they have no interest in selling it and makes you wonder about their "give where we live" campaign.

I suggest you call around to a few stores if you really want it from TELUS.
    12-21-14 10:57 AM
    Semi unrelated note... Does anyone have the Telus Classic yet? Is it -4 like all the other carriers?
    12-21-14 05:19 PM
    Semi unrelated note... Does anyone have the Telus Classic yet? Is it -4 like all the other carriers?
    Yes. -4 model for all Canadian carriers.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:24 PM
    At my local Telus store here in Waterloo, they have the Passport right up front when you walk in. Beside the top phones.

Then again, it's Waterloo. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 12-21-14 at 05:49 PM.
    12-21-14 05:25 PM
    Found it at Fairview Mall. It's beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:31 PM
    Rogers at Vaughan Mills Mall has it on display. Alongside the Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:14 PM
    I don't know this for a fact but I believe the stock is primarily being directed at the business accounts.

The classic showed up on Bell's business provider on 17th, I ordered it on 17th and got it on the 18th. And they are not out of stock yet.

Posted Via The Classic
    12-21-14 06:17 PM
    I got mine from a Bell stand in North Hill Mall Wednesday 17th December at 2pm.

This was Calgary not Toronto, however.

Wednesday I rang Bell Small Business sales, told them I wanted two new lines for my business and that I want to buy the classic straight up on no contract. They contacted all the stores, two hrs later got a phone back, informing me that North Hill Mall had one. 25 mins and 499 later phone is in my hand.

Classic rocks btw!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:21 PM
    Found it at Fairview Mall. It's beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    You bought outright from where? In Fairview

Thanks.
    12-21-14 09:04 PM
    I am currently with Telus and was due for upgrade. Fairview had it albeit not on display. The guy who sold it to me seemed like a BlackBerry fan himself and he was excited about selling his first one because he said up to that point they were all in boxes; first time seeing it and touching the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:48 PM
    Bummer. I thought Telus would want that Band 13 for network expansion after the auction...
    12-22-14 08:54 AM
    I work for a regional carrier and we are still awaiting our first shipment of classics.
    12-22-14 09:14 AM
    I was at Fairview. No unit on display. I did not bother asking because it is $50 over msrp. And I have to pay to unlock it.

Anyone knows if Bell can be readily unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:30 PM
    Don't both with carriers. Don't trust them. I was sad to see AT&T at the Classic launch after there lack of BB10 support, but I guess they got nice partnership.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:44 PM
    I was at Fairview. No unit on display. I did not bother asking because it is $50 over msrp. And I have to pay to unlock it.

Anyone knows if Bell can be readily unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    Virgin Mobile have them for $499. I bought mine from Eaton Centre. The unit I bought from them is unlocked. I also read somewhere that the Rogers versions were unlocked, so who knows, maybe the initial batches may not be locked. There is a service advertised here anyways to unlock for $20 should you need it done.
    12-23-14 06:03 AM
    Virgin Mobile have them for $499. I bought mine from Eaton Centre. The unit I bought from them is unlocked. I also read somewhere that the Rogers versions were unlocked, so who knows, maybe the initial batches may not be locked. There is a service advertised here anyways to unlock for $20 should you need it done.
    But you have to buy a month plan and then cancel right?

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    12-23-14 06:34 AM
    I don't know this for a fact but I believe the stock is primarily being directed at the business accounts.

The classic showed up on Bell's business provider on 17th, I ordered it on 17th and got it on the 18th. And they are not out of stock yet.

Posted Via The Classic
    Seems a logical explanation. I see Passports all the time in downtown Toronto stores near Bay Street but not so much in the suburbs.
    12-23-14 08:24 AM
    I live up in northern ontario. Bell, Rogers and Virgin all have them in stock and on display. Telus has them just sitting in the back.
    12-23-14 04:49 PM