11-26-14 03:37 PM
29 12
tools
    All right so we're expecting the Classic to be the magnificent blackberry experience we've come to know and love. BUT still some little IMPORTANT things are missing:

- Premium back (leather or carbon fiber). The bold line and Q10 all had a classy, original and elegant back which combined great grip and uniqueness. Classic has a Q5/Curve sort of feel (or at least that's what the pictures show)

-Q10 Keyboard. It looks like it will be sporting the actual Q10 keyboard. It's a big and nice keyboard but as a ex-9900 user, i think the bold was softer and yes, CURVED. They told us the curved keyboard was there because of the trackpad. Now we get the trackpad but we're not getting the curved keyboard WTF!!!! Plus, the curved keyboard is a TRADEMARK and a recognisable sign of a TRUE blackberry. I remember some samsung and nokia phones having keyboards that kind of look like the Q10 keyboard if you look at it quickly. We know blackberry users are attatched to a certain value of uniqueness and distintion.

- Convenience keys and charging docks. Not much to add here, but it looks like we're not getting any of these.

For the good part of "lost" stuff, i really don't give a flying s****t abut removable battery. It was OK with os 7 since it froze quite a bit, but now we really don't need that, and we gain solidity and robustness. (The back of my Q10 sometimes tends to detatch if i hold it strongly.

Overall I'm pretty excited and I think it will be an excellent device, but i really wanted to share with you these thoughts.
    11-20-14 01:59 AM
    I opened a thread like this before. BlackBerry will never make a perfect phone because they want you to buy their next phone regardless of the one you have!

Its true if you think about it. Which phone was perfect?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:29 AM
    I can relate to the OP. All those things would've only enhanced the experience. And like her, I wished for as 'close-to-perfect' a classic as there can be. Often wondered why BB couldn't implement some of them.

Having said that, BB has done wonderfully well under Chen. Despite the often stated and commonly perceived notion by the non-BBOS community that implementing the trackpad is 'going back' tech-wise, BB still went with it for people like us. And I'm grateful for that and will be happy with this iteration of Classic.

But maybe next year, I'll be more greedy!

P.S. - BTW, if you think about it, 'Perfect' doesn't exist! It's only valid if it's followed by the question - for whom?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-20-14 03:16 AM
    All right so we're expecting the Classic to be the magnificent blackberry experience we've come to know and love. BUT still some little IMPORTANT things are missing:

- Premium back (leather or carbon fiber). The bold line and Q10 all had a classy, original and elegant back which combined great grip and uniqueness. Classic has a Q5/Curve sort of feel (or at least that's what the pictures show)

-Q10 Keyboard. It looks like it will be sporting the actual Q10 keyboard. It's a big and nice keyboard but as a ex-9900 user, i think the bold was softer and yes, CURVED. They told us the curved keyboard was there because of the trackpad. Now we get the trackpad but we're not getting the curved keyboard WTF!!!! Plus, the curved keyboard is a TRADEMARK and a recognisable sign of a TRUE blackberry. I remember some samsung and nokia phones having keyboards that kind of look like the Q10 keyboard if you look at it quickly. We know blackberry users are attatched to a certain value of uniqueness and distintion.

- Convenience keys and charging docks. Not much to add here, but it looks like we're not getting any of these.

For the good part of "lost" stuff, i really don't give a flying s****t abut removable battery. It was OK with os 7 since it froze quite a bit, but now we really don't need that, and we gain solidity and robustness. (The back of my Q10 sometimes tends to detatch if i hold it strongly.

Overall I'm pretty excited and I think it will be an excellent device, but i really wanted to share with you these thoughts.
    Unfortunately we are stuck with a Q10 and track pad. This is set in stone.

Yes, the ergonomic keyboard is iconic BlackBerry and sets it apart from other phone manufactures.

We can only hope that maybe someday there will be a Classic 9900 instead of a Q10 with a track pad.
    11-20-14 04:58 AM
    The perfect phone doesn't exist... Perfection in that regard is too personal.
    11-20-14 05:15 AM
    Because Nothing or Nobody is perfect the 9900 sold hundred of thousands and is still selling after 3 years and No it was not Perfect .
    11-20-14 07:20 AM
    Unless you design and make it yourself, there is no perfect object of any kind.
    1raygin likes this.
    11-20-14 07:26 AM
    If there's something else I want on the classic it would only be wireless charging. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-20-14 09:47 AM
    You haven't even tried it... how can you complain about these things

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:01 AM
    Here's my original thread http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-glory-923040/ but I'll update it now that I have experience with more BBRY devices

• 7280 - no BT, couldn't tether
    • 7100 - no full QWERTY KB
    • 8310 - no WiFi
    • 9000 - no autofocus
    • 9800 - almost perfect but a slider
    • 9900 - no autofocus (AGAIN)!!!
    • Z10 - no OTG, Miracast or FM Radio, short battery life
    • Q5 - no OTG, non-removable battery, weird 1:1 smallish screen, only 8GB storage
    • *Q10 - no OTG, weird 1:1 smallish screen
    • *Z3 - not LTE, only 8GB storage, 1.5GB RAM
    • *Z30 - non removable battery, lower resolution than Z10
    • *Passport - weird huge 1:1 screen and non-standard keyboard
    • *Classic - non removable battery, weird 1:1 screen

I don't think I'm being too nit-picky but the Classic comes the closest to giving the user everything in one package but again it's not perfect. Why didn't they make the battery removable, elongate the screen to make it taller and make the trackpad glow!?!

We may never know but we are getting closer to the "Perfect BlackBerry", slowly we are.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-20-14 10:49 AM
    I find it annoying as well that they always skip out on great features from their previous devices.
    For example: illuminated trackpad. Why would they not include this on the Classic?????

Also, let's talk specs for a second. The Q10 is almost two years old and it seems like BlackBerry is just using some left over hardware from their Q10 inventory.
    I was actually considering going from the Passport to the Classic, but I just can't take a hit in some specs like the camera and battery.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-20-14 12:33 PM
    Because there is no such thing as "perfect" for all...

And because each thing you're asking for comes with a price. Sometimes a literal price: using a curved keyboard instead of the keyboard already designed for the Q10 would cost additional (plus would have delayed things, I think), glass back (definitely more expensive); or with a figurative price: removable battery (caused issues for some people with rebooting problems), etc.

And then when the "perfect for you" phone comes out and costs $699 everyone complains and a slew of people pipe in with, "WELL FOR THAT PRICE, I WOULD EXPECT..." and we start all over again.
    11-20-14 01:01 PM
    Because there is no such thing as "perfect" for all...

And because each thing you're asking for comes with a price. Sometimes a literal price: using a curved keyboard instead of the keyboard already designed for the Q10 would cost additional (plus would have delayed things, I think), glass back (definitely more expensive); or with a figurative price: removable battery (caused issues for some people with rebooting problems), etc.

And then when the "perfect for you" phone comes out and costs $699 everyone complains and a slew of people pipe in with, "WELL FOR THAT PRICE, I WOULD EXPECT..." and we start all over again.
    ^^^This^^^

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 01:16 PM
    the easiest answer to your question is, nothing is perfect and thats that.
    11-20-14 01:24 PM
    The "perfect" phone.. perfect for everyone. Good luck with that. Now my Z30.. Perfect.. for me anyways.
    11-20-14 01:27 PM
    We use the word "perfect" but we're just looking for a killer phone with nothing major to complain about.

Give us a Classic with a taller HD screen, removable all-day battery and the latest 32-bit processor with 3GB ram and 64GB storage and all the other bells and whistles (FM radio, wifi direct, Miracast, OTG, enhanced audio, blah, blah, blah). That's pretty perfect isn't it?

See nothing to complain about (for a full QWERTY device), but will this ever be built?

Don't confuse software issues with hardware. We're really only talking hardware right now because software can always be fixed and updated. Hardware, you're stuck with.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:28 PM
    The Classic is made by Foxcon on a budget and it is going to be sold at a reasonable price. Chen hopes that this will enable him to ship them in there thousands to business. If it wasn't being called the Classic, compared to the spec's of the Passport it may as well be called the Curve, as the Bold was always to of the range.

I'm still going to buy on though

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 03:50 PM
    Unreasonable to complain when you haven't used the device. Every key is a convenience key by the way...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:04 PM
    I want Passport specs.

I want curved half a smile keyboard.

I want all trackpad functionality from the 9900 such as a mouse in the browser.

I want an SuperAMOLED screen.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-25-14 06:48 AM
    lol and how much are you willing to pay for perfection?
    11-25-14 08:09 AM
    I think you need to wait for next year's model, the New Classic
    11-25-14 08:13 AM
    If we got a curved keyboard, you are just going to complain that the screen is tiny and that you cannot see anything. Or if the same screen size was kept, you would complain that you cannot hold the phone with one hand.

For the material of the back, all you have is the picture. You can't make judgments like that. The 9900 backing looked pretty, but it wasn't anything special to hold.

But I can agree that shortcut keys can be useful.

For me, I care about the removable battery, but I am still fine with the Classic, and will be getting the phone when the price goes down to $200.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:48 AM
    I think that once the Classic is out, aftermarket makers will jump on the "band wagon" and make things like glass weave, carbon fiber, wood grain, etc back covers as well as other accessories?

My one huge hope is that the Classic/10.3 will be able to resize Android apps and will be able to use Google Play services? There are a few apps that I absolutely have to have. I'm hoping to just carry one device....the Classic!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 02:14 PM
    No Google Services will be coming with 10.3.1
    Lefty724 likes this.
    11-25-14 06:55 PM
    No Google Services will be coming with 10.3.1
    Sweet! That's what I was hoping for.
    11-25-14 07:11 PM
29 12