I can see emoticons on my blackberry sent from an Lg g3, but they cannot see my emoticons
    Nielshar likes this.
    06-08-15 05:52 PM
    Sent how, email, chat, facebook.
    06-08-15 05:55 PM
    I am not the OP, but have the same issue with my PP. No one can see my emoticons when I text them. (haven't tried email, chat, FB). I use the provided emoticons or just type the characters myself. (side note, I am sending them all to non-BB users. However, I can receive theirs no problem)
    Erica Melone likes this.
    06-08-15 06:03 PM
    I am not the OP, but have the same issue with my PP. No one can see my emoticons when I text them. (haven't tried email, chat, FB). I use the provided emoticons or just type the characters myself. (side note, I am sending them all to non-BB users. However, I can receive theirs no problem)
    The BlackBerry emoticons are unfortunately not the standard 'emoji' that other phones use. We have to wait for some updates to be done in this regard or you can download the emoji picker app from BlackBerry world to allow some form of emoji sending.

Good luck
    sherri n1 likes this.
    06-08-15 10:42 PM
    Mine show up on my Classic when I send them. Maybe your phone needs to be looked at?
    06-09-15 08:42 PM
    Whenever I use a BB10 phone, my friends with iPhone's or Androids can never see my emoji's. In my experience, this has been a BB issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sherri n1 likes this.
    06-09-15 11:23 PM
    Whenever I use a BB10 phone, my friends with iPhone's or Androids can never see my emoji's. In my experience, this has been a BB issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    My SIL had that problem with her HTC too. An update solved on her end. I haven't had anyone say anything about my emojis.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 11:36 PM
    I got the same here OP and I'm not happy about it. There's no excuse for BlackBerry to be using non-standard emoji's especially on SMS.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    sherri n1 and Cornishgirl2 like this.
    06-10-15 10:18 PM
    Emoji is a Unicode, so it's basically like a code that shows up pretty much the same when a phone has that enabled.

The emoticons we have in SMS are visible only from BlackBerry 10 to BlackBerry 10 phone (save for maybe and and and some other very basic ones that may translate into an Emoji when you send it to an iPhone user too).

So if I texted you BlackBerry 10 users the rose, you'd would see it. I would see it. An iPhone or Android user would see @>--

I agree that BlackBerry should at least have a way to send the more standard Emojis, like maybe let us choose if we want the Emoji picker or the BlackBerry emoticon picker on by default.

Posted via CB10
    sherri n1 likes this.
    06-11-15 12:48 AM
    I send them text message. My Sister texts the emoticons to me from her LG phone and i can see hers, but she cant see mine.
    06-12-15 04:54 PM
    Text message. I can see her texts from a Lg phone and i can also see them sent to me from an Iphone. But neither can see mine.
    06-12-15 04:56 PM
    Just tested on one friends iPhone and one friends Droid, both on Verizon. Neither can see them! WTF BlackBerry!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    06-16-15 07:58 PM
    If you take the emoji that an iphone or Droid sent you and copy and paste then send they can see it on their end! Sucks but is an option!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:14 PM
    Now that I did the 10.3 update on my q10.... I can suddenly see my friends iphone emojis and they can no longer see mine.... so close, yet so far. Ugh! But I have to say.... now seeing my friends... I'm a little excited....
    FYI... before the 10.3 update... I could only see little x's when someone text me an emoji... however in MMS mode I could see them. ugh.
    Cornishgirl2 likes this.
    07-08-15 08:26 PM
    Has always been a problem, BlackBerry has mostly different emoji's than standard iPhone, Android emoji's.

What I've done is take a bunch that were sent to me by iPhone/Android users, copy/paste to set up a bunch of word substitutions. Like "*usa" minus the " is 󾓦.

An unfortunate but convenient workaround until BlackBerry goes to same emoji's as iPhone and Android.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-09-15 12:18 AM
    Jason, while tedious that sounds like it could work, but HOW Do I find the substitutions on my device? One of my kids has an android so I have someone to send me examples (rest of us are BlackBerry). Are there any threads started already where I might find a step by step guide? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 07:12 AM
    Jason, while tedious that sounds like it could work, but HOW Do I find the substitutions on my device? One of my kids has an android so I have someone to send me examples (rest of us are BlackBerry). Are there any threads started already where I might find a step by step guide? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    A bunch that my friends had sent me, I basically copy/pasted them in a note in the Remember app. I had one emote per line, then a description of what the emote was.

While I still had the Note open and minimized, go to Settings, Language and Input, Prediction and Correction, Word Substitution.

Then one by one, copy the emote from the note and paste it in a new word substitution. To better organize my emote substitutions and regular substitutions, I put a * before the emote ones. See in attached picture an example.
    Why can't my friends see emoticons sent from my BlackBerry Classic?-img_20150712_115104.png

Posted with my  Classic
    07-12-15 10:52 AM