Even when I open it and it is active it doesnt show in the active apps.
    01-03-15 01:44 PM
    All that is is a "shortcut" to the HUB and to filter to see text messages only. I hide that icon because I think it's a waste of space.
    01-03-15 01:54 PM
    All of your text messages live in the BlackBerry Hub which is on the left most side of your home screen. Go to your home panel (running apps grid) and swipe left to right and you'll land in the hub. Or you can just use the text messages shortcut icon from the home screen ,but it's not it's own text messaging app.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:00 PM
    All of your text messages live in the BlackBerry Hub which is on the left most side of your home screen. Go to your home panel (running apps grid) and swipe left to right and you'll land in the hub. Or you can just use the text messages shortcut icon from the home screen ,but it's not it's own text messaging app.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the hub was optional? I don't use it at all so all of my icons from the home screen are the only way I access my messages, emails, etc. I prefer to have them separate & not lumped together.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:05 PM
    I thought the hub was optional? I don't use it at all so all of my icons from the home screen are the only way I access my messages, emails, etc. I prefer to have them separate & not lumped together.

Posted via CB10
    HUB is not optional. As mentioned, those icons simply bring you into the HUB and filter it down to see messages for the corresponding icon. It's just another way to get into the HUB.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-03-15 02:08 PM
    All of those icons are just shortcuts back to the Hub, there's no way to view/reply to messages without it in BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:09 PM
    HUB is not optional. As mentioned, those icons simply bring you into the HUB and filter it down to see messages for the corresponding icon. It's just another way to get into the HUB.
    Beat me to it. Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:10 PM
    Well it keeps my messages separate by turning it off & gives me the illusion it's optional so I don't really care.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:12 PM