I have read many other users having the same issue as me, but with no avail. Also it always is the contact messaged most. I am able to send and receive texts from everyone except ONE person. I will only know she has sent a text if I manually type in her name as if I am composing a text message to her. Only then will our chat history appear. Otherwise there is no indication on my screen, whatsoever, that we have been in contact.
    Yes: I have Updated to most current software
    Yes: I have checked all contact-specific notification settings
    Yes: I have deleted and re-added the contact
    Yes: I have deleted all correspondence with the contact
    Yes: I have restarted/rebooted/soft-rebooted/prayedtotheblackberryheavens etc
    Yes: I have checked all settings etc.
    Please please please help. I have a Blackberry Classic, but the issue is software and not phone specific. Many others have had the same issue.
    04-04-16 02:07 PM
    how about downgrading to an OS where you DIDN'T have that issue?
    04-04-16 03:15 PM
    Hey! I dont know how to downgrade my OS from the most current updated version. I just don't think down-grading is really a great fix but I can try if you know how!
    I just am amazed that so many people have the same problem but there is no clear answer. I hope Blackberry does something about it.
    04-07-16 06:09 PM
    Ok here is what worked for me. (still cant believe I had to figure this out and that no one has a clear solution)
    •Ended Chat, Deleted any and all text messages with the contact thats not showing notifications.
    •Repeated the first step above to make sure there was ZERO texts from my wife.
    •Deleted her contact, and any deleted/Unlinked any profiles (facebook etc). I did all this from the contacts menu after clicking onto her contact name specifically.
    •I then even had to go onto my Outlook where all of contacts are backed up, and deleted her contact info there.
    •I then restarted the phone.
    •Then once it was back on, I took out the Sim card. Make sure the phone is on.
    •Then I turned off the phone.
    •Put back in the SIM card
    •And Turned back on the phone. THEN IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that sucks to have to do all of that, but I was at my breaking point. I was even about to buy another brand!
    04-15-16 07:49 PM
    Glad it's fixed! Thanks for the information.

Bet you know your wife's number off by heart now

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 09:31 PM
    Some folks would love their wife not being able to contact them Glad you got it sorted.
    04-16-16 03:49 AM
    Just have her get BBM next time lol

J Be....Here But Gone...
    04-16-16 07:03 AM
    I just did as mdespositi2 said, and when I re-entered my fiancee's contact info, then went to compose text, the entire previous texts come up! If I send him one, a blue circle with a "d" (I think it is a d, kinda small) goes next to the text instead of the grey check mark. Then when I back arrow out, his text stays in the hub but it is a green text symbol with a pencil in it as if I have a composed text and didn't sent it. If I delete, he is gone from hub. If he texts me, I cannot see it until I go back to his contact info...I have even given him special notifications. But last night, I was texting him, got a weird yellow/green light up at top of phone, phone turned off, and had to wait for awhile before it would even turn back on when I pushed the call button, and then an email from blackberry support with a case number about a past problem I had worked on with them with my classic I bought before this and it had ended up being a dud. Had this one for almost 8 months now and no problems until this.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    04-29-17 04:14 PM
    I just did as mdespositi2 said, and when I re-entered my fiancee's contact info, then went to compose text, the entire previous texts come up! If I send him one, a blue circle with a "d" (I think it is a d, kinda small) goes next to the text instead of the grey check mark. Then when I back arrow out, his text stays in the hub but it is a green text symbol with a pencil in it as if I have a composed text and didn't sent it. If I delete, he is gone from hub. If he texts me, I cannot see it until I go back to his contact info...I have even given him special notifications. But last night, I was texting him, got a weird yellow/green light up at top of phone, phone turned off, and had to wait for awhile before it would even turn back on when I pushed the call button, and then an email from blackberry support with a case number about a past problem I had worked on with them with my classic I bought before this and it had ended up being a dud. Had this one for almost 8 months now and no problems until this.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    Check to see if you have Blend on. Blend used to cause issues for me with a couple of contacts, once I turned it off it worked.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-30-17 10:48 PM
    I did! I will try to reboot my phone and see what happens. Thank you, Jasonbourne!
    04-30-17 11:09 PM
    I did! I will try to reboot my phone and see what happens. Thank you, Jasonbourne!
    Good luck, let us know if turning Blend off fixed your issue.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-30-17 11:27 PM
    The only thing it solved is the blue d next to texts. I still do not receive any notification of my finance's texts. So if you have any other ideas....I am game! Thank you!!!
    05-01-17 03:24 PM