I'm kind of getting disgusted with these cell Network providers; they are changing their services so I can't use the phones I want to use. I have my trusty BlackBerry Classic that I pulled out and also just purchased a Passport. Since Blackberry World is now GONE, I can't find what I need. I'm trying to download Pandora to my Classic and Passport but Pandora does NOT come up in the Amazon App Store!! What the heck is going on? I LOVE PANDORA and use it a lot because I travel a lot for work. I've been able to load it onto my old BlackBerry Curve but can't figure out how to get it onto my Classic and Passport now that Blackberry World is gone. Please help someone...please....I NEED my Pandora!
    02-02-19 03:48 PM
    Use the Yalp Store to download apps, basically the Google Play Store.
    02-02-19 08:16 PM
    I'm kind of getting disgusted with these cell Network providers; they are changing their services so I can't use the phones I want to use. I have my trusty BlackBerry Classic that I pulled out and also just purchased a Passport. Since Blackberry World is now GONE, I can't find what I need. I'm trying to download Pandora to my Classic and Passport but Pandora does NOT come up in the Amazon App Store!! What the heck is going on? I LOVE PANDORA and use it a lot because I travel a lot for work. I've been able to load it onto my old BlackBerry Curve but can't figure out how to get it onto my Classic and Passport now that Blackberry World is gone. Please help someone...please....I NEED my Pandora!
    Last time I checked, Pandora requires at least Marshmallow 6.0.
    Since Android Runtime for BB10 is stuck at 4.3, you'll need to upgrade to a compatible Android or iOS device.
    https://help.pandora.com/s/article/M...language=en_US
    02-02-19 11:34 PM
    Last time I checked, Pandora requires at least Marshmallow 6.0.
    Since Android Runtime for BB10 is stuck at 4.3, you'll need to upgrade to a compatible Android or iOS device.
    https://help.pandora.com/s/article/M...language=en_US
    Hi Johnny_Bravo72:

Thanks for the link-I'll check it out. I gave up on the Classic - I tried Everything yesterday. Now I'm more worried about the Passport; I haven't received it yet, I just purchased it on Friday. I'm going to need to know how to upgrade it to Android software. I've seen many posts and mention that Passport can be upgraded to Android software. I just don't know how yet. I seem to be spending my entire weekends figuring out how to do things. I love my Blackberries but this is killing my Social life!
    02-03-19 12:45 PM
    Hi Johnny_Bravo72:

Thanks for the link-I'll check it out. I gave up on the Classic - I tried Everything yesterday. Now I'm more worried about the Passport; I haven't received it yet, I just purchased it on Friday. I'm going to need to know how to upgrade it to Android software. I've seen many posts and mention that Passport can be upgraded to Android software. I just don't know how yet. I seem to be spending my entire weekends figuring out how to do things. I love my Blackberries but this is killing my Social life!
    The Passport cannot be upgraded to Android since it runs on the same BB10 OS as the Classic does..

If you want BB running Android then your best choices are the KEYone and Key2 or Key2 LE phones. For the price, the LE is probably the best value.
    02-03-19 02:32 PM
    Hi Chuck - Are you serious?? I have Googled and read several articles that the Passport can be upgraded to Android software. ???

I actually already have a KeyOne and been testing it and playing with it to see if I wanted to have it as my primary phone. It's been acting up lately and screen blacks out while I'm in the middle of typing messages and doing stuff, and then after I tap, swipe, double-tap several Many times it finally comes back up. So, it's been annoying me, that's why I decided to buy a Passport and try that out.
    02-03-19 04:27 PM
    Hi Chuck - Are you serious?? I have Googled and read several articles that the Passport can be upgraded to Android software. ???

I actually already have a KeyOne and been testing it and playing with it to see if I wanted to have it as my primary phone. It's been acting up lately and screen blacks out while I'm in the middle of typing messages and doing stuff, and then after I tap, swipe, double-tap several Many times it finally comes back up. So, it's been annoying me, that's why I decided to buy a Passport and try that out.
    ALL BB10 phones are forever stuck on android 4.3 so having a Passport is no advantage over your Classic except in processing power and speed. So, I'm afraid you are out of luck.
    02-03-19 04:42 PM
    Hi Brookie - Thanks for the info. I'm going to go back and read what I thought I read. I guess I'll have (another) Blackberry phone to test and play with

I just want my physical keyboard and Pandora - is that too much to ask to have both in 1 phone? (besides the KeyOne, which I already have). Aside from it blacking out on me I find it too "top heavy". There's an imbalance in it's design between the tiny keyboard at the bottom and too much weight at the top. I have to spread my fingers extra wide to support the weight at the top, while trying to type on the bottom.
    02-03-19 04:54 PM
    Hi Brookie - Thanks for the info. I'm going to go back and read what I thought I read. I guess I'll have (another) Blackberry phone to test and play with

I just want my physical keyboard and Pandora - is that too much to ask to have both in 1 phone? (besides the KeyOne, which I already have). Aside from it blacking out on me I find it too "top heavy". There's an imbalance in it's design between the tiny keyboard at the bottom and too much weight at the top. I have to spread my fingers extra wide to support the weight at the top, while trying to type on the bottom.
    Just so you know, even the BB android devices are having problems with Pandora right now (although that will probably be fixed at some point): https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tible-1163062/

Sorry, I can't help with Pandora on a BB10 device as I've never tried to put it on my Passport.
    02-03-19 05:23 PM

Unfortunately, I’m serious. Sounds like you have a defective KEYone and those glitches sound aggravating..

I use AT&T KEYone as daily although I dual carry with iPhone XR but primary is my KEYone for most usage.

If you’re not experienced with BB10 already, unless it’s money you have to burn, return the BB10 phones and get your money back.
    02-03-19 07:43 PM
    Hi Chuck - Unfortunately I can't return the BB10 (Classic) at this point, because, me (Ms. Backup) bought it to have as a backup for when the Curve and BOLD 9930(s) were discontinued, then I could Migrate to that. (I used to work in the IT field -corporate, business systems, not phones) so I always keep backups for everything.)

I also use the 2 phone scenario also; the Curve for everyday use and the KeyOne for when I travel, so I can do more without taking a laptop with me. I've been holding onto my Curve for as Long as I possibly can because Boost has Unlimited Everything for $35 and it includes unlimited Music (Pandora) streaming. I've had, and loved this configuration since 2013, but at the end of April they are discontinuing coverage / support for the Curve (and a long list of other phones also).

I'm going to wait and see how the Passport comes and what I can load onto it. I hope it doesn't come with BB10 on it! If it does, how do I get it upgraded at least to Android 4.3 like you mentioned before??
    02-04-19 11:17 AM
    Hi Chuck - Unfortunately I can't return the BB10 (Classic) at this point, because, me (Ms. Backup) bought it to have as a backup for when the Curve and BOLD 9930(s) were discontinued, then I could Migrate to that. (I used to work in the IT field -corporate, business systems, not phones) so I always keep backups for everything.)

I also use the 2 phone scenario also; the Curve for everyday use and the KeyOne for when I travel, so I can do more without taking a laptop with me. I've been holding onto my Curve for as Long as I possibly can because Boost has Unlimited Everything for $35 and it includes unlimited Music (Pandora) streaming. I've had, and loved this configuration since 2013, but at the end of April they are discontinuing coverage / support for the Curve (and a long list of other phones also).

I'm going to wait and see how the Passport comes and what I can load onto it. I hope it doesn't come with BB10 on it! If it does, how do I get it upgraded at least to Android 4.3 like you mentioned before??
    The Passport comes with BB10 on it AND a built-in Android Runtime (Ver 4.3 non-upgradable). You don't have to "upgrade" anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-19 12:00 PM
    I never use Pandora now.
    On BB10 I use Slacker which works great still.
    I do have Apollo on my PlayBook which accesses my Pandora account and still works.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-19 01:49 PM

There were some prototype Passports that were caught running Android, but BlackBerry has the keys to the bootrom and can load what they want. There is no option for Passport owners to upgrade the Android Runtime that BB10 utilizes.

Android 4.3 was released back in 2013... at this point it's something few developers are supporting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-19 03:43 PM
    The Passport comes with BB10 on it AND a built-in Android Runtime (Ver 4.3 non-upgradable). You don't have to "upgrade" anything.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. And put another way, nothing on the bb10 phone is upgradeable always. Android never ran natively on bb10 (directed at op); it was always an emulator.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-19 07:22 PM
    There were some prototype Passports that were caught running Android, but BlackBerry has the keys to the bootrom and can load what they want. There is no option for Passport owners to upgrade the Android Runtime that BB10 utilizes.

Android 4.3 was released back in 2013... at this point it's something few developers are supporting.
    That's probably what I saw and skimmed through it too fast. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone over there at BB Corporate will think to finish designing and roll-out a Passport friendly True Android OS upgrade? Hope? Cross our fingers? You'd think that companies would listen to their Loyal Customers, all of us here, hacking away, spending endless hours trying to figure out how to get what we need to work for our needs. omg - I'm getting too old for this .... we should be able to pick which phone we want to use and which OS we want to use, and which applications we need; just like we can with computers.
    02-04-19 08:11 PM
    Why is this the carrier's fault? They aren't controlling the apps.
    02-04-19 08:25 PM
    Maybe we'll get lucky and someone over there at BB Corporate will think to finish designing and roll-out a Passport friendly True Android OS upgrade? Hope? Cross our fingers? You'd think that companies would listen to their Loyal Customers, all of us here, hacking away, spending endless hours trying to figure out how to get what we need to work for our needs.
    The smartphone business doesn't work that way, for many reasons, but the most obvious reason is MONEY.

Your "loyalty" didn't help BB one bit unless you were buying NEW devices often. Using a 5-year-old device or buying used only generates COSTS for BB.

Further, BB hasn't been a smartphone company in nearly 3 years already. They're an enterprise software solutions company. And BB10 is months away from official End Of Life, while end of development effectively occurred in 2014.

I don't know what business you are in, but imagine you had "customers" who paid your company nothing, generated costs for you, and wanted you to spend lots more money on them because they were "loyal" to you. LOL.
    valer466 likes this.
    02-05-19 01:58 AM
    Let's add that new devices mean unboxed, and first time bought devices. Not deals on ebay or kijiji. Many people consider pre-owned (refurbished) devices as new, when they're clearly not.
    02-05-19 08:40 AM
    Let's add that new devices mean unboxed, and first time bought devices.
    Through authorized resellers.
    02-05-19 10:38 AM
    Let's add that new devices mean unboxed, and first time bought devices. Not deals on ebay or kijiji. Many people consider pre-owned (refurbished) devices as new, when they're clearly not.
    It's like buying Milk that has a sell by date that is a week past. It might be new and all sealed up, but it might not give you the "experience" that it would have two or three weeks ago when it was "fresh". (Mint Mobile's Chunky Milk?)

My view even a "new" KEYone isn't really "new" anymore....
    02-05-19 10:44 AM
    Your "loyalty" didn't help BB one bit unless you were buying NEW devices often. Using a 5-year-old device or buying used only generates COSTS for BB.

Further, BB hasn't been a smartphone company in nearly 3 years already. They're an enterprise software solutions company. And BB10 is months away from official End Of Life, while end of development effectively occurred in 2014.

I don't know what business you are in, but imagine you had "customers" who paid your company nothing, generated costs for you, and wanted you to spend lots more money on them because they were "loyal" to you. LOL.
    Troy - First of all, why do you have to be so Mean and Snarky in your responses? I'm 53 years old and was a Software Designer, Developer, Oracle DBA and Certified Project Manager. I designed Many software systems for numerous Pharmaceutical Company's Sales Force Industry between the late 80's until 2004 when I was diagnosed with Lupus and am now Disabled and can only work part-time; so I Know what an Enterprise Software Solutions Company is. Secondly, Yes, I DID buy my Blackberry phones NEW and directly from Blackberry or the phone company that I was with because I could afford to. Thirdly, when I referred to "Loyal Customers" I said "all of us here" ..meaning everyone on this site, not just myself; and fourth the only phone I purchased was the Passport, which I haven't even received yet, and I also bought it NEW (unboxed, still wrapped, never been opened) also - just from a different source. So stop being mean, be NICE, and have some respect for people on here, because you NEVER know what their situation is.
    02-05-19 11:57 AM
    Troy - First of all, why do you have to be so Mean and Snarky in your responses? I'm 53 years old and was a Software Designer, Developer, Oracle DBA and Certified Project Manager. I designed Many software systems for numerous Pharmaceutical Company's Sales Force Industry between the late 80's until 2004 when I was diagnosed with Lupus and am now Disabled and can only work part-time; so I Know what an Enterprise Software Solutions Company is. Secondly, Yes, I DID buy my Blackberry phones NEW and directly from Blackberry or the phone company that I was with because I could afford to. Thirdly, when I referred to "Loyal Customers" I said "all of us here" ..meaning everyone on this site, not just myself; and fourth the only phone I purchased was the Passport, which I haven't even received yet, and I also bought it NEW (unboxed, still wrapped, never been opened) also - just from a different source. So stop being mean, be NICE, and have some respect for people on here, because you NEVER know what their situation is.
    Let me apologize for the welcome by our unofficial reception committee known informally as the Dead Horse Group. They apparently exist to stamp out any resistance to assimilation by the Android overlords.

I have a sister with Lupus and I know it can be tough. Stay strong. Also it is good to see another developer on here. Good luck with your Pandora quest.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and elfabio80 like this.
    02-05-19 01:12 PM
    The comment about “new” simply refers to fact that your recent purchases of new BB10 hardware does nothing to help BB Limited in any way. The plethora of threads here on CrackBerry about loyalty to BB fail to recognize that loyalty to any OEM is the opposite behavior of keeping devices multiple years and buying in the secondary market. There was absolutely nothing that was inappropriate with the language in his post that I can see. Troy stated the actual viewpoint from BB or any other hardware OEM perspective. Perhaps a different reply is what you’re referring to? If you feel any reply is “mean”, you can report that post via the report button.....
    02-05-19 01:43 PM
    Let me apologize for the welcome by our unofficial reception committee known informally as the Dead Horse Group. They apparently exist to stamp out any resistance to assimilation by the Android overlords.

I have a sister with Lupus and I know it can be tough. Stay strong. Also it is good to see another developer on here. Good luck with your Pandora quest.

Posted via CB10
    What’s to apologize for? We’ve been replying politely to questions. The OP statements were pretty strong and we’re discussing our viewpoints and helping correct some misinformation about the BB10 and the Passport regarding it's nearing EOL status and it’s apparent limitations with certain apps.
    02-05-19 01:48 PM
47 12