I have tried to download whatsapp to my blackberry classic but it will not work. it will not accept my password (which I know is correct) and when I click verify/ok it just deletes it and requires re-entry. and so on and so on.

I have even tried deleting my blackberry id, and creating a new one but I have the exact same problem when entering my password with my new id.
    02-03-16 07:57 PM
    Try changing your WhatsApp password and using a new one.
    02-03-16 10:21 PM
    Maybe I wasn't clear - it is the blackberry id it is not accepting. when you try to download whatsapp it first asks you to verify your blackberry id. I have done this but it does not accept my blackberry id password. after 10 tries you get locked out. have deleted and recreated a new blackberry id but same problem.

so I cannot even advance to the download stage because it will not verify my id.

best option - smashing the blackberry against a wall and buying Samsung or iPhone????
    02-04-16 05:43 AM
    the problem is the blackberry not accepting my blackberry id password for verification prior to downloading. I don't even get to the download page so whatsapp password not relevant.
    02-04-16 06:21 AM
    Are you sure you are using the correct ID? Please check the spelling and remember it can be case sensitive

Posted via CB30
    02-04-16 07:57 AM
    Yep, positive. I can login to my id account on my pc. But the blackberry handset will not verify my id for downloading.
    02-04-16 08:17 AM
    If you attach your phone to your computer through BBerry Link does it ask you to login using your BBerry ID? (Not just your device password). If so, does it work?
    02-04-16 08:58 AM
    Yes it asks me to log in and the log in works. I still cannot log in to my blackberry id on the device, hence why it will not download.
    02-04-16 12:38 PM
    Not a solution for your overall issue but you could download WhatsApp from Beta Zone

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 01:00 PM
    This is weird. App World isn't asking for my password when I try to download a free app.

Anyway...type out your password in a text field, and since you can see it plain as day, confirm that it's correct. Then copy it, and paste it into the App World password field, see if that works.
    02-04-16 01:05 PM
    think there must be a problem with the handset. the handset was saying I have not confirmed my email, but I have (proved by the link I clicked on from the email sent). so I thought restart the device. now it is just showing the "blackberry classic" icon but not restarting. have tried to reset to factory defaults from within blackberry link, but it will not because it says the device is switched off. and it wont switch back on. anyone any ideas?
    02-04-16 01:17 PM
    got it restarted but it will not restore to factory defaults. link software says "software update encountered an error" argghhhhh

don't get these problems with any other phones.............
    02-04-16 01:34 PM
    Are you logged in into the device?
    Check: Settings > BlackBerry ID

Did you buy the phone as new or second hand?

An alternative option can be to download the latest official OS and updated the phone with autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 03:02 PM
    I say the same than RAINO, you dont need a password to download a free app like whatsapp!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 03:30 PM
    robertillo - no you do not, that is so long as your device has accepted your email confirmation of blackberry ID setup. if it hasn't then you need your password, but the device doesn't accept that anyway. that was the problem here. anyhow, have finally managed to restore to factory defaults, setup a new ID, and go through the confirmation process again and re-download all apps including whatsapp. all seems to be working fine now, thanks to the factory reset.
    02-04-16 04:22 PM
    When you deleted and remade your id, you messed up.

Your device is now trying to connect to an ID that no longer exists.

Wipe device, use new ID, and this means you've lost all apps. Sure hope you didn't pay for any on your old account.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-04-16 04:31 PM
    Ok, thnx groovejet

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:34 AM