Blackberry classic is great phone.
    I really like its design and i like bb os 10 too.
    Blackberry is very good on software development.
    Keyboard is better than q 10, tool belt is very productive.
    But they used 1.5 ghz dual core processor and adreno 225 gpu.
    I cant understand this hardware decision.
    People generally take my advice about smartphones.
    And in this standarts i cant suggest anyone to buy bb classic over q10.
    02-20-15 05:16 PM
    This topic has been beaten to death. If you do a search you will have loads of reading to satisfy your query.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:23 PM
    it don't matter about how many cores a phone has. it depends on the operating system like for e.g a samsung can have quad core specs and still lag.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:42 PM
    True that. The hardware only matters for comparison if they run the same software, like comparing computers running Windows and Call of Duty. CPU's and GPU's are tools that perform a task, all the user cares about is the performance of that task. Well, all the user SHOULD be concerned with anyway. As was stated above, a powerful CPU can still not be enough to overcome bad software. Maybe a 1.5GHz CPU is all that is required for BB10 and anything more is just superfluous. The only real question is whether or not the phone software is responsive to you, runs smoothly, and launches apps quickly.
    funeralizer and sid89 like this.
    02-20-15 06:42 PM
    I am pretty sure it was to offload the serious q10 component stock due to low sales of the q10....

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    02-20-15 07:39 PM
    Yet iPhone 6 has a Dual core 1.4 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM and it's the most successful iPhone to date. So what's your point?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:43 PM
    Any newer and the target demographic would complain that it's too different from their Bolds.

Posted via CB10
    eldrover and Blue787 like this.
    02-20-15 07:46 PM
    To be perfectly honest it would be nice to gave faster CPU but it is also true that my z10 with the same hardware runs perfectly fine for me. It is a cheap phone and those who are targeted with this phone so not care much about latest hardware but more for best functionality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Blue787 likes this.
    02-20-15 07:58 PM
    But the way ipad keyboard sucks. It is horrible for corrections

02-20-15 08:01 PM
    I would imagine the "outdated" processor and GPU contributes to the fantastic price.

Being that Blackberry controls their hardware and software, just like Apple but unlike Google, I would think the OS is optimized to run smooth and fluid on the current hardware (this statement might be more true for the Passport and less on the Classic).
    sid89 likes this.
    02-20-15 08:09 PM
    i can say after many years with android and coming back to blackberry, my note 4 my lg g2 etc all had the latest and greatest specs and yet they had an incredible amount of lag stutter problems shutdowns etc. the one thing with the classic is the bb10 os runs very smooth so far on it.
    02-20-15 10:30 PM
    i can say after many years with android and coming back to blackberry, my note 4 my lg g2 etc all had the latest and greatest specs and yet they had an incredible amount of lag stutter problems shutdowns etc. the one thing with the classic is the bb10 os runs very smooth so far on it.
    Thats a good point. My issue will be going from passport to classic, if I will notice a significant difference in performance.
    02-20-15 10:35 PM
    Thats a good point. My issue will be going from passport to classic, if I will notice a significant difference in performance.
    now that i cant say being that im just coming back to blackberry.
    02-20-15 11:10 PM
    Well the S4 Snapdragaon is about two years old. I'd expect it to be cheaper than 450 dollars. Even the One Plus 1 is cheaper, and has a quad-core processor.
    02-20-15 11:12 PM
    As already stated, the whole topic has been discussed countless times already. Nobody knows why BlackBerry decided to use that SoC again. Maybe they had extended stock left from their initial Z10/Q10 plans? Maybe they got a good contract with Qualcomm back in 2012/2013 regarding numbers of SoC they bought? Maybe they got them for really cheap from a sale? Who knows, unless BlackBerry states it, we can just speculate.

I switched from Q10, which I really liked, to the Classic and it is an upgrade for me. However not the typical update you'd expect of course.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:06 AM
    Because its a mid-end phone...
    02-21-15 12:27 AM
    I own an unlocked Passport, and I just purchased an AT&T branded Classic a few hours ago. The difference in performance is definitely noticeable, but that's to be expected considering the specs of both devices.

I will say that while the Classic is slower, it isn't a laggy, stuttering slowness. BB OS 10 does run smoothly, just not as quickly as on the Passport. The Classic won't be replacing my Passport as my daily driver, but it's definitely a solid device. I'll be using it exclusively this weekend just to get acquainted with it.
    02-21-15 12:27 AM
    Yet iPhone 6 has a Dual core 1.4 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM and it's the most successful iPhone to date. So what's your point?

Posted via CB10
    If only BlackBerry has the same apps they do. Everything would be optimized. But, no. We have to get it from Android and it can be quite slow.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    02-21-15 01:07 AM
    The Classic doesn't have a current SOC but after using it now for over a month, I see that it doesn't really need it, my Note 4 has got so much going on that it needs extra horsepower. The device has a slow small lag when completing some task but not all the time and you really don't even notice it. For its core primary functions the Classic is perfect

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-21-15 01:35 AM
    A few minutes looking into it would have answered the question. The phone has been designed *specifically* for the corporate market who fed back directly to Chen that they didn't want anything taken away in terms of hardware from the 9900 design.
    Given that fact and the fact that BlackBerry has to provide at competetive pricing, then it's obvious.
    02-21-15 03:37 AM
    Recently bought and teste the galaxy tab S 8.4 but it was laggy and also the colors where a bit akward so I returned

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:33 AM
    Thanks for answers.
    In case of apple, apple has software-hardware fit. They are producing their own software and hardware. This is a great advantage. Apple's 64 bit a8 chip not that bad. The real problem about apple is 1 gb of ram. This is like a joke. Apple products have 1gb ram and they dont have high specs but apple products are expensive.
    In sum they are apple users, their buying decisions are mostly emotional.
    I want to say bb classic should have better processor. I am not asking best processor but 2.0 ghz quad core processor would better.
    02-21-15 05:52 AM
    Well the S4 Snapdragaon is about two years old. I'd expect it to be cheaper than 450 dollars. Even the One Plus 1 is cheaper, and has a quad-core processor.
    It's even older than 2 years and the 1+ has the same 801 as the passport which is also outdated about a year. Somehow BlackBerry fails to deliver specs, but keep their price sky high.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:10 AM
    Wait, did I see the horse move? Nope, it's still dead.
    Do a search. Lots of reading.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:20 AM
    As already stated, the whole topic has been discussed countless times already. Nobody knows why BlackBerry decided to use that SoC again. Maybe they had extended stock left from their initial Z10/Q10 plans? Maybe they got a good contract with Qualcomm back in 2012/2013 regarding numbers of SoC they bought? Maybe they got them for really cheap from a sale? Who knows, unless BlackBerry states it, we can just speculate.

I switched from Q10, which I really liked, to the Classic and it is an upgrade for me. However not the typical update you'd expect of course.

Posted via CB10
    I would suspect that left over stock of parts was the reason for classic hardware. This and great price

02-22-15 05:33 AM
26 12