To quote my daughters: "Daddy, It's an old persons phone, NO APPS!, Who can use a phone without APPS?! Only grandpa uses a phone like this, since he doesn't even know (or care) how to TEXT! I can't download FakeSnapTwitInsta App! This phone is useless without APPS!" That is why it fails. Personally I think it was a brilliant device, and if I had not just signed a new contract and got a new Android at the time, I would have gotten one. [Dream mode on] An Android version...Nirvanna[/Dream mode off}. Blackberry has gotten the rep for No apps, old people's phones among the kids.
    Ok, so for them it's a combination of the two main reasons I cited.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-06-16 12:53 PM
    Yep. I don't go as crazy as the wife and kids do over apps, but I like to have my email and texts easily accessible. But then again I am old, and I remember when phones were just that...phones, no texts, no apps, no photos.

Ok, so for them it's a combination of the two main reasons I cited.

09-06-16 09:21 PM
    Someone already mentioned this, but most non- BlackBerry users didn't even know anything existed past the 9900. When my mother saw my Q5, she said "So, you got rid of your smartphone."

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    murphcid likes this.
    09-07-16 03:03 AM
    That is funny. LOL

Someone already mentioned this, but most non- BlackBerry users didn't even know anything existed past the 9900. When my mother saw my Q5, she said "So, you got rid of your smartphone."

09-07-16 06:47 AM
    For me the display is simply too small. I use my passport for work and often need to view excel files, complex part prints and repair schemes. Even my passport is a bit on the small side for some things but the 1:1 aspect ratio is very nice.
    09-07-16 06:56 AM
    i want to switch to this but verizon wireless no longer carries the classic.. help any ideas of best way to buy one that is not a jacked up price?
    09-07-16 09:26 PM
    i want to switch to this but verizon wireless no longer carries the classic.. help any ideas of best way to buy one that is not a jacked up price?
    I would think it would be easy to find one on amazon or ebay. Especially ebay, since CDMA variants are harder to sell and thus cheaper.

09-07-16 11:43 PM
    When the classic came out, most bb fans had the passport. Personally that was my case. As much as I love the toolbelt, it was a downgrade to buy the classic coming from passport. Other people had the q10, so going for classic wasn't really an upgrade since it's the same phone with a toolbelt

Posted via Passport SE
    09-07-16 11:57 PM
    I had a Z10 when the Classic was launched but the phone I really wanted to have was the Passport. When I finally could buy a Passport the Passport SE came out. The Passport SE is my daily driver now. I am planning to buy a cheap second hand Classic just to have it, but I don't think I will put down the Passport for the Classic... or who knows...
    Just to be fare, the Passport, the Classic and the Z10 are great devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 08:32 AM
    I had a Z10 when the Classic was launched but the phone I really wanted to have was the Passport. When I finally could buy a Passport the Passport SE came out. The Passport SE is my daily driver now. I am planning to buy a cheap second hand Classic just to have it, but I don't think I will put down the Passport for the Classic... or who knows...
    Just to be fare, the Passport, the Classic and the Z10 are great devices.

Posted via CB10
    There's nothing more pleasant in this world than typing on classic's keyboard. It's really amazing and the keys are dope af. Someone was offering me 3 months old iphone6 but I held onto the classic just because of the keyboard. Passport is great but I don't think any blackberry device has had the keyboard like classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 11:02 AM
    This phone would be brilliant if it had Android on it. Excellent form factor for productivity and communications, marred by incredibly outdated software. I loved it when it first came out and rushed to buy one, but as app support continues to drop like flies and the ART becomes obsolete, I'm finding it about as useful as my old 9900 - great to send and read emails on, good for practically nothing else. The upcoming Android PKB in this form factor can't come soon enough.
    09-08-16 12:06 PM
    Hoping to nail down a blue one by the end of the year.
    09-08-16 03:35 PM
    This phone would be brilliant if it had Android on it. Excellent form factor for productivity and communications, marred by incredibly outdated software. I loved it when it first came out and rushed to buy one, but as app support continues to drop like flies and the ART becomes obsolete, I'm finding it about as useful as my old 9900 - great to send and read emails on, good for practically nothing else. The upcoming Android PKB in this form factor can't come soon enough.
    Couldn't agree more. Great phone but app support is disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    murphcid likes this.
    09-08-16 05:51 PM
    I agree, App support killed BB O/S 10 and BB10 devices. Plus the perception that they were "uncool".

Couldn't agree more. Great phone but app support is disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 08:56 AM
    I'm on Verizon and currently using the Q10.

Where can I get a Classic for Verizon? I saw the ones offered by BlackBerry, but they say it's not suitable for Verizon.

Any one know where I can get one that will work on Verizon and/or make the ones from Blackberry work on Verizon? If I can do that that would be great.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions. It really is a bit discouraging to see that BB10 is being pushed back.
    09-12-16 02:21 PM
    Sadly my employer went to office 365 and dropped support for BlackBerry OS10. So my like new VZW BlackBerry Classic is going up for sale. PIN 3360059D

I'm on Verizon and currently using the Q10.

Where can I get a Classic for Verizon? I saw the ones offered by BlackBerry, but they say it's not suitable for Verizon.

Any one know where I can get one that will work on Verizon and/or make the ones from Blackberry work on Verizon? If I can do that that would be great.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions. It really is a bit discouraging to see that BB10 is being pushed back.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 07:08 AM
    Why didn't more people buy Burger King Satisfries? Life is complicated.
    09-13-16 07:46 AM
    Sadly my employer went to office 365 and dropped support for BlackBerry OS10. So my like new VZW BlackBerry Classic is going up for sale. PIN 3360059D

Dare I ask how much? Also, what's the significance with "PIN 3360059D". I'm not an expert on phone stuff. Just a user :-).

Thank you so much.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 12:26 PM
    That's his BBM pin, he wants you to message him at that pin to ask about the phone.

09-13-16 01:31 PM
    No Apps? I'm not big on apps, especially games, what a big waste of time. But if there is an app that I must have, it's usually not available for BlackBerry, but that's not a problem for me and shouldn't really be a problem for anyone on CrackBerry. Modify your phone and download google play store. Eazy peazy.
    09-18-16 08:35 AM
    I've used iphones (3gs and 6) and Androids (galaxy note 2 and 3).
    It was time for a new phone. I never had a BlackBerry and the Cassic was available. I took a look at it and I liked it, especially the keyboard. It's very easy to use and the way it's organized is very good. I was upset about the lack of apps that I needed and was thinking about going back to android but that was easily fix when I downloaded google play store. Now I'm very happy with the Classic.
    09-18-16 09:02 AM
    Because I have Passport, if I didn't, I would love a classic!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-18-16 05:50 PM
    Ditto with the screen size. Perhaps a heads up display type projector attachment would work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 04:52 PM
    Apps. Apps. Apps. Apps. Really is it all about apps? People are so funny when they tell me that have 59 or 109 apps on their device. Really? I have a s7 also and don't know why I use my work app and about 4 others. They work just fine on my classic and in a couple cases better. Are we business professionals or children obsessed with apps?
    P.s. written on my s7 because my classic got wet. Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-22-16 06:19 PM
    I think I need it now.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 06:30 PM
54 123