To me the Classic keyboard and productivity is one of the main characteristics of BlackBerry as a brand. Furthermore the browser is super pleasant to use due to the increased screen size. Also it seemingly gets faster with everyday you use it.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 02:04 PM
    When the Classic came out I had and was very happy with my Q10, upon the Passports release I skipped over the Classic.

I skipped the Classic because it was so similar to my Q10 and prior to the Q10 I was using my Bold 9900 so to get a like mobile running the same OS for just the 'toolbelt' wasn't a must have.

I even purchased two more Passports before even considering the Classic. But being the BlackBerry collector that I am I decided to purchase a Classic from here on CB MarketPlace just to have and stockpile.

Since the Classic arrived a few weeks ago all three of my Passports and both Q10's have been placed in their boxes and now reside in the closet and the Classic has become my daily driver so to speak.

Now there is nothing wrong with them whatsoever it just feels like the Classic is the perfect merging of the Q and Passport.

The weight and size works perfectly for me.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    Last edited by 93Aero; 08-28-16 at 06:55 PM.
    Avenzuno and PantherBlitz like this.
    08-28-16 04:05 PM
    For some it's because it isn't "cool" or popular while for others it's because it doesn't have apps they want/need.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    murphcid likes this.
    08-28-16 05:13 PM
    TLDR: no clue.

-----

IMHO:
    The Passport has a ridiculous 3 row keyboard. The pro's don't outweigh that. The processors, screen size and neat touch enabled keyboard are nice though.
    The Q10 was a mistake. Take away our incredibly useful toolbelt? No thanks.
    Q5. A cheaper mistake
    Z's are touchscreen. No thanks. I'm faster and more accurate with my buttons and trackpad.

As for any other brand of phones... I don't get it... most people on this planet just like touchscreens.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 06:27 PM
    I agree. I have used a Q10 and the passport SE and I have always converted back to the classic. The Passport was just too big and not very operational with 1 hand and I couldn't get use to not having the tool belt. The Q10 I think is just a cheap phone and just a little too small.

The classic is the perfect phone and I will be using for many more years to come. I want to get my hands on a white one but they're sooo expensive.

Posted via CB10
    B Louang likes this.
    08-29-16 12:21 PM
    Lol most people passed on this one because of its similar internals with q10 some people dont wanna spend/upgrade on this just for the toolbelt but some like me who even made a switch from Q10 to Classic. But because of sluggishness just like the Q10 I ended up upgrading with the six months period. right now im on my Passport Silver Edition

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 01:30 PM
    Hope you toolbelt lovers won't beat me up too bad, but after moving to the Q10 and BB10 from the 9900, and mastering all the gestures, the toolbelt just really seemed obsolete to me. If the Classic had come out without the toolbelt (thus making the screen even larger) and had a removable battery, I probably would have switched to the Classic from the Q10.

I don't see any cheapness to the Q10 at all. Yes, I've had to replace the keyboard twice, but otherwise it has been a solid device for me. Dropped it so many times and never had any fallout, other than one time I got a hairline crack in the screen...but again, the Q10 is so serviceable that it was very easy to replace the screen myself. So we are talking one drop out of maybe 20-30 total drops in its lifetime (June 2013)? And it flies for me...I don't get the slowness comment above either. I wouldn't have kept it this long and would have jumped ship to android or iOS a long time ago if it wasn't a solid device. For me it tackles email, messaging, and browsing like a beast.

So, for me, I guess the Classic just felt like a step back and that's why I passed on it.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-29-16 10:58 PM
    Blackberry 10 no apps. It really is as simple as that. Pulled my classic out the other day and marveled at its design ad keyboard. Really all of blackberry bb10 phones have great designs. OS was amazing too just a sad situation app developers gave BlackBerry the finger theoretically.

I welcome my stalker
    09-01-16 06:22 AM
    Really, I feel much more confident using a physical keyboard and the Classic is a pleasure to use!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 04:46 PM
    When the Classic came out I had and was very happy with my Q10, upon the Passports release I skipped over the Classic.

I skipped the Classic because it was so similar to my Q10 and prior to the Q10 I was using my Bold 9900 so to get a like mobile running the same OS for just the 'toolbelt' wasn't a must have.

I even purchased two more Passports before even considering the Classic. But being the BlackBerry collector that I am I decided to purchase a Classic from here on CB MarketPlace just to have and stockpile.

Since the Classic arrived a few weeks ago all three of my Passports and both Q10's have been placed in their boxes and now reside in the closet and the Classic has become my daily driver so to speak.

Now there is nothing wrong with them whatsoever it just feels like the Classic is the perfect merging of the Q and Passport.

The weight and size works perfectly for me.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    I feel like that's kind of the problem. People look at the Classic and don't really give it a shot because it feels kind of anachronistic but it makes your life so much easier

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 08:21 PM
    Because the rest of the world are too cool...."rolls eyes".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 01:24 AM
    I was at the post office Thursday, the Postal Clerk noticed my BlackBerry Classic and said, he was unaware that BlackBerry was still in business. The clerk went on to say, who really use this device? He included myself and possibly 9 others. The clerk was laughing and telling others to take a look at my dinosaur.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 09:36 PM
    I was at the post office Thursday, the Postal Clerk noticed my BlackBerry Classic and said, he was unaware that BlackBerry was still in business. The clerk went on to say, who really use this device? He included myself and possibly 9 others. The clerk was laughing and telling others to take a look at my dinosaur.

Posted via CB10
    I feel sorry for people like that. He obviously has some serious self-esteem issues if he needs to be "proud" of something that takes no skill to accomplish, such as owning a certain kind of phone opposed to another type...

09-04-16 09:48 PM
    The classic was dubbed the savior to bring back the tool belt fanatics. That didn't work. Alas, a lot of things didn't work out for BlackBerry. There's a reason why it's almost as good as dead in the water now. I love BlackBerry but it's time to let go.

09-04-16 09:49 PM
    The classic was dubbed the savior to bring back the tool belt fanatics. That didn't work.
    What makes you say that?

On a related note, I found where all the other Classics are :P
    I had never been involved with a vehicle collision before. Both police officers taking witness reports had Classics, the chief fireman had one, and the foreman of the electrical company had one.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    09-04-16 10:07 PM
    WHEN I HIT THE REPLY BUTTON YOU FORCED ME TO A BRAND NEW PAGE ABOUT MATTRESSES BEFORE I EVEN LOGGED IN. EFF OFF CRACKBERRY.

POSTED BY MY Q10 BC ITS SMALLER THAN THE CLASSIC AND THE PHONE I CARRY. TOO GRUMPY TO SAY MORE TODAY. logging off : )
    09-04-16 10:14 PM
    Personally, I love the Classic. Looks great and feels great but I honestly bought one just to add to my BlackBerry collection, I don't even use the thing. It's failure is the lack of apps, plain and simple.
    09-05-16 09:29 AM
    Classic failed because firstly people don't know if this device exists or ever existed,secondly a lot of people get confused after watching the toolbelt that it's same old bold or curve model,thirdly no one knew about classic except of people here on crackberry or some pkb lovers who got the device for the review. All of 'em are linked to the lack of marketing but I know they don't have enough money to get out of line and advertise a product like classic because even a $150 phone will blow it away when compared spec wise.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 10:47 AM
    Classic failed because it is simple a Q10 with toolbelt. Classic during the time it was released had a two year old internals. It is too slow if u will gonna compare it to passport. Some blackberrians find it useless for them to upgrade from Q10 just for the toolbelt and a bit of screen estate

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 10:53 AM
    The classic was dubbed the savior to bring back the tool belt fanatics. That didn't work. Alas, a lot of things didn't work out for BlackBerry. There's a reason why it's almost as good as dead in the water now. I love BlackBerry but it's time to let go.

It didn't work because they decided to put specs into it that are 3 years-old. I got it because in the end it still has the features that allow me to be more productive on the phone, but seriously, who would buy a phone with 3 year-old specs??? On that point, they can't even make any more now because the specs are so old the chips are no longer manufactured... lol

09-05-16 12:25 PM
    What makes you say that?

On a related note, I found where all the other Classics are :P
    I had never been involved with a vehicle collision before. Both police officers taking witness reports had Classics, the chief fireman had one, and the foreman of the electrical company had one.

Posted via CB10
    Cops usually use BB's, especially any one with the toolbelt because it allows them to easier use them one-handed. Also, a typo in law enforcement could be really bad, so it's better to not have to rely on auto-correct...

09-05-16 12:27 PM
    Classic failed because firstly people don't know if this device exists or ever existed,secondly a lot of people get confused after watching the toolbelt that it's same old bold or curve model,thirdly no one knew about classic except of people here on crackberry or some pkb lovers who got the device for the review. All of 'em are linked to the lack of marketing but I know they don't have enough money to get out of line and advertise a product like classic because even a $150 phone will blow it away when compared spec wise.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, BB's "advertising" is pathetic. Most people don't even know about BB10, they think the current BB's are still the same as the old BBOS devices...

09-05-16 12:28 PM
    It's a beautiful phone. I have been using it for about two months.

Storage is an an issue when compared to PPSE or Iphone. So I had to trim the junk.

I like how it fits in the pocket, in a wallet. All the essentials in a single leather case. It is a great phone.

Apps? I use PayPal with BBM to send cash. Also use the browser for PayPal. Everyone uses txt message these days, that works. Email, two accounts, check. FB through browser works. Maps work great, and actually beat my wife's iphone six. Iphone maps send me all over the place, very screwy near Jersey City. So BB10 is still alive for me.

I have a great phone with the classic.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) and kjpeigan like this.
    09-05-16 03:18 PM
    You can ask this same question about any cell phone ever. It just depends on an individual's personal preferences and needs regarding what phone they'll use.
    09-05-16 03:35 PM
    To quote my daughters: "Daddy, It's an old persons phone, NO APPS!, Who can use a phone without APPS?! Only grandpa uses a phone like this, since he doesn't even know (or care) how to TEXT! I can't download FakeSnapTwitInsta App! This phone is useless without APPS!" That is why it fails. Personally I think it was a brilliant device, and if I had not just signed a new contract and got a new Android at the time, I would have gotten one. [Dream mode on] An Android version...Nirvanna[/Dream mode off}. Blackberry has gotten the rep for No apps, old people's phones among the kids.

For some it's because it isn't "cool" or popular while for others it's because it doesn't have apps they want/need.

09-06-16 07:04 AM
54 123