Just upgraded to a Blackberry Classic. I successfully ran three email accounts on my Curve but can only load one of these on to the Classic. An email address linked to my company website works fine. I have two other accounts for personal use from my ISP Plusnet. Neither of these are accepted. Blackberry Support, Plusnet Support and the phone provider Cellphone Connect have all tried to help but none have been successful. Any one else have the same problem and have you fixed it?
    05-02-15 06:57 AM
    Sorry I have no solution, as I don't know the environments you are using.
    I just wanted to say, that if your ISP Plusnet, who apparently ran/runs your email accounts, is not able to tell you how to access their servers properly, then there is a serious competency issue on their side.
    You should escalate this to management levels. Acquiring email access information is a very basic and valid request.
    05-02-15 07:13 AM
    Don't know if this is the provider:

http://www.plus.net/support/customer...settings.shtml

It should work. One thing. Try to set the account not under Wi-Fi but under your mobile broadband connection. Some providers keep ports closed. Your curve was doing all transactions through BIS and not directly on the servers.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:01 AM
    I have every faith in my ISP - they are extremely helpful. I have added the two email accounts to my wife's Curve with no problems. The Classic causes the problem and my ISP, mobile network provider and the Company who supplied the phone are all of the opinion that the fault lies with Blackberry who have also been unable to rectify the problem. Blackberry blame my ISP for failing to give the correct settings which is an absolute nonsense as the same settings work perfectly on the two Curves owned by my wife and I. The same settings also work perfectly on my PC and laptop.
    05-02-15 01:19 PM
    So a couple of companies, who have not been capable of setting an email account up properly, now accuse BB of causing the problem. Well...ok...so easy to blame BB for everything these days!
    Consider this: there are (still!) millions of people worldwide who manage many different kinds of accounts w/o problems on their BB10 devices.
    Trying to be helpful is pointless, in the absence of competency. I would not let them escape from their responsibility, by covering their inability with friendlyness. Just mho.
    Good luck with finding a solution.
    05-02-15 01:54 PM
    The new BlackBerry devices don't use any special methods to access mail accounts, if the account works on an iPhone or Android, it'll also work on any BB10 device. May I ask what exactly is the error you are getting? I have setup mail accounts from multiple providers, ranging from well known companies like Outlook.com to less known like Posteo and Mailbox to my own accounts supplied by my internet provider. Sometimes the BB10 assistent fails to set it up, but entering the data by hand always ended in a working account.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:57 PM
    I have 3 accounts on my classic. One Imap. One exchange. One pop3. All seamless. Same 3 running on wifes Q10, an same 3 on my backup Z10.

My guess is there is an authentication problem and something isn't checked properly in your setup. Or you my have an issue with a port and might need to try an alternate. Perhaps provide a link to their setup instructions, and a screen shot of your phone as it's setup so we can see if you did something wrong.
    05-02-15 02:19 PM
    OP, try validating the email accounts from BlackBerry systems using this:

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac....php?page=form

Come back when you have the results from all problematic accounts.
    Take notes and make sure to have results handy for additional trouble shooting.
    05-02-15 04:02 PM
    Sorry for the delay in replying - I have been away.

Problem Solved

Despite having spent hours on the phone to Blackberry, my ISP and the phone suppliers, the problem was not resolved. Now, thanks to 5 minutes (!) with my son-in-law it has been resolved. When setting up the account you enter your password for the incoming POPserver - this is then automatically generated as the password for the SMTP outgoing server. It is the samepassword so should be OK. We deleted the regenerated password and re-entered it manually - problem solved! Thank you for your interest in this.
    05-18-15 05:58 AM
    Sorry for the delay in replying - I have been away.

Problem Solved

Despite having spent hours on the phone to Blackberry, my ISP and the phone suppliers, the problem was not resolved. Now, thanks to 5 minutes (!) with my son-in-law it has been resolved. When setting up the account you enter your password for the incoming POPserver - this is then automatically generated as the password for the SMTP outgoing server. It is the samepassword so should be OK. We deleted the regenerated password and re-entered it manually - problem solved! Thank you for your interest in this.
    So, what you are saying is that your SMTP server required authentication.
    05-18-15 06:22 AM
    Now I wonder what all the people would say, who claimed it was the fault of BlackBerry's, or the Classic, or who said that it's complete nonsense to think of a problem in settings.

I'm sure some would still find a justification for blaming BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:27 AM
    So, what you are saying is that your SMTP server required authentication.
    Not necessarily. Sounds like it was just using the same password but for some reason manually entering it (the same password as POP) did the trick.
    05-18-15 09:39 AM