Are you able to return it?

If not, maybe just buy a new battery and swap it out to see if that is the problem.
    Yes I am. I can ask my friend to return it when she will go back to Germany. However, I don't want to. I will try my best to make it work. At least, I will replace the battery. Just didn't want to resort to hard measures.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    12-24-17 11:27 PM
    No problems, never had any. Battery good for 2 days still.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-17 02:04 PM
    Only problem I have is the port is "sloppy" so I have to be careful to have it plugged in just right and not touch it while it's charging. Kinda annoying but it's not like I run out of power and need to use it while charging so thank goodness for that.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-17 12:43 PM
    At least, I will replace the battery. Just didn't want to resort to hard measures.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    I think this is the 2nd thread talking about the ability to replace the battery in a Classic...

The reason I never got myself a Classic when they 1st came out was my deep concerns about buying a phone with a fixed battery.

In the four years owning a Q10 I've had to replace the battery twice. I didn't worry about it much since I already knew I could get an OEM BlackBerry NX1 battery on Amazon for around six dollars. But I was always told that the Classic battery wasn't as affordable just due to basic supply & demand, and then you needed a skilled technician to install it.

Do any of you know any firsthand info showing the steps involved with either pictures or video so I can see if the job looks like I could manage it?

Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    01-03-18 06:54 PM
    I think this is the 2nd thread talking about the ability to replace the battery in a Classic...

The reason I never got myself a Classic when they 1st came out was my deep concerns about buying a phone with a fixed battery.

In the four years owning a Q10 I've had to replace the battery twice. I didn't worry about it much since I already knew I could get an OEM BlackBerry NX1 battery on Amazon for around six dollars. But I was always told that the Classic battery wasn't as affordable just due to basic supply & demand, and then you needed a skilled technician to install it.

Do any of you know any firsthand info showing the steps involved with either pictures or video so I can see if the job looks like I could manage it?

Thanks!

Hey Scuba - there is one video on youtube to see a severely botched tear apart of a Classic. But in summary - pop off the back cover, unhook the battery connector then pull the tab.

I too thought about the same. I will order a replacement battery for my Classic to keep when this one fails, but really haven't had any concerns about the Classic as the battery lasts almost 2 days when not using the hotspot.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    01-03-18 07:15 PM
    Hey Scuba - there is one video on youtube to see a severely botched tear apart of a Classic. But in summary - pop off the back cover, unhook the battery connector then pull the tab.

I too thought about the same. I will order a replacement battery for my Classic to keep when this one fails, but really haven't had any concerns about the Classic as the battery lasts almost 2 days when not using the hotspot.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I'm concerned is that Lithium Ion batteries normally have a useful life of around 350-400 charge cycles. Since I'm a Heavy phone user I have to recharge my Q10 batteries at least once a day, and when I use it as a mobile hotspot for my laptop I can use three full charges in a day.

That's why I'm trying to see whether my basic skills (replace RAM, system upkeep etc) are good enough to do the job! I also haven't found any reliable seller for the parts & we'll roam a bit.

01-06-18 04:49 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. The reason I'm concerned is that Lithium Ion batteries normally have a useful life of around 350-400 charge cycles. Since I'm a Heavy phone user I have to recharge my Q10 batteries at least once a day, and when I use it as a mobile hotspot for my laptop I can use three full charges in a day.

That's why I'm trying to see whether my basic skills (replace RAM, system upkeep etc) are good enough to do the job! I also haven't found any reliable seller for the parts & we'll roam a bit.

I found a site with OEM batteries, I will order one and if it's solid I will let you know from where.

01-06-18 12:23 PM
257 ... 91011