I have no issues charging my Classic, whether it's on or off, using either the standard BlackBerry charger or a third party one. I'm currently using 10.3.1.2708.
    03-29-15 06:19 AM
    No charging problems at at either. I use the BlackBerry Classic charging dock, and also the USB cord supplied works fine too.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.2.281)
    03-29-15 07:52 AM
    Hell, my last concern is not only charging the Classic while it's powered down. I can't get it to charge at all! Just bought my new Classic yesterday from At&T and it's not recognizing when something is plugged into the usb/charging port. Its on 14% now and I started yesterday afternoon at about 40%. I did a little bit of research yesterday and read that it could be a bug in OS version 10.3.1. So my first thought was " Okay, come on to Crackberry and download the latest version or at least 10.3.2. But I can't even get the Classic to make a USB connection. Any other suggestions for this?
    03-29-15 10:45 AM
    Do not have issues using BlackBerry in wall chargers from Q10, Playbook and Bold and VZW fast car charger.

Posted via CB10 from VZW Q10
    03-29-15 11:13 AM
    Reply to post 203:
    Since your Classic is new, it is possible that the usb port is not working. Take it to the store, or send it back if you bought it online. Sometime an hardware fault is the most probable explanation.
    Alfredo

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:16 AM
    Hell, my last concern is not only charging the Classic while it's powered down. I can't get it to charge at all! Just bought my new Classic yesterday from At&T and it's not recognizing when something is plugged into the usb/charging port. Its on 14% now and I started yesterday afternoon at about 40%. I did a little bit of research yesterday and read that it could be a bug in OS version 10.3.1. So my first thought was " Okay, come on to Crackberry and download the latest version or at least 10.3.2. But I can't even get the Classic to make a USB connection. Any other suggestions for this?
    More than likely a hardware problem. Take it back to the store and get a replacement.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic (10.3.2.281)
    03-29-15 11:19 AM
    I'm not having any whatsoever with mine, thankfully. The battery life has been great too.
    03-29-15 02:38 PM
    Just traded in my Classic today for another one. No more charging problems now. YAY!!!!
    03-29-15 11:48 PM
    Hi,

i got my classic a week ago and i dont have any charging problems when my device is off.
    03-30-15 08:13 AM
    I've had my Classic for 4 days. It charged in the off position when I first charged it up. Then when it was about 70% it would not charge. The next day I used it heavily getting things set up and the battery drained to the 20% range. I turned it off and it charged while it was off.

rss Classic
    03-30-15 07:52 PM
    No problems yet..had the device for two weeks now.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 08:34 PM
    No problems charging my Classic

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 09:52 PM
    My Classic is a week old, no issues charging on or off. I get the blinking yellow light when it's off, and the lightning bold when it's on.

It updated to OS 10.3.1.2072 and Software 10.3.1.1450 when I first turned it on.

I use the Classic-supplied charger at night, and the more powerful Playbook charger during the day.
    rssz30 likes this.
    04-09-15 01:24 AM
    It's good to know so many people have their charger working when it is off. I'm wondering how many of you folks have Verizon Classics? I believe Verizon is still on an old upgrade level 10.3.1.941 for my classic and I still have the charging problem when switched of.
    04-14-15 09:17 PM
    I am on my 3rd Classic (2 new ones and one refurbished) from Verizon. I am at a loss as to what to do! Should I wait for an update that may fix it?

rssClassic
    04-14-15 11:04 PM
    Nada for me, had it 2weeks.

Posted via CB10
    fullmz likes this.
    04-14-15 11:42 PM
    Re: Verizon charging issue - I called BB within the 30 day free support window and they said that they know about it and it will be fixed when Verizon offers the software update. Of course they have no idea and apparently no control over when Verizon will do it. So for now, just keep it on to charge.
    04-15-15 06:23 AM
    Hey guys... i'm new to this forum and I also a new Blackberry fan. I'm thinking about getting my own Classic in two months and seeing this post scared the **** out of me. I just have one question, hope you guys can help me. You guys have been saying that you have problems charging your Classic while it power off. So let say IF I ACCIDENTLY DRAINED my Classic to 0% and it automatically turns off or shuts down, when I PLUG IT IN with a wall adapter WILL IT TURN ON? OR my Classic IS GOING TO BE LIKE A BRICK?
    I never power off my phone and charge it. BUT I USUALLY DRAINED my phone to 0% and then start charging... I'm just really afraid that the Classic won't charge if I drained it completely. That would be a major problem. So is it the problem with the Classic???
    07-24-15 11:26 AM
    Hey guys... i'm new to this forum and I also a new Blackberry fan. I'm thinking about getting my own Classic in two months and seeing this post scared the **** out of me. I just have one question, hope you guys can help me. You guys have been saying that you have problems charging your Classic while it power off. So let say IF I ACCIDENTLY DRAINED my Classic to 0% and it automatically turns off or shuts down, when I PLUG IT IN with a wall adapter WILL IT TURN ON? OR my Classic IS GOING TO BE LIKE A BRICK?
    I never power off my phone and charge it. BUT I USUALLY DRAINED my phone to 0% and then start charging... I'm just really afraid that the Classic won't charge if I drained it completely. That would be a major problem. So is it the problem with the Classic???
    The problem only occurred when the Classic was first released (it was an OS problem) - the Classic you will purchase should have a newer OS than the first one - hence no issues. And if for some reason your new one does come with the first issue OS, you can easily upgrade it (which you would want to do anyway to get the latest functions and performance improvements) .

So - no worries - get your new Classic and enjoy it!!

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    07-24-15 12:05 PM
    The problem only occurred when the Classic was first released (it was an OS problem) - the Classic you will purchase should have a newer OS than the first one - hence no issues. And if for some reason your new one does come with the first issue OS, you can easily upgrade it (which you would want to do anyway to get the latest functions and performance improvements) .

So - no worries - get your new Classic and enjoy it!!

Thank you so much for replying ! I just want to have more information about this since this is my first time purchasing a Blackberry device, and I don't want to spend $450 for a phone that potientially can turn into a brick.
    07-24-15 06:45 PM
    Thank you so much for replying ! I just want to have more information about this since this is my first time purchasing a Blackberry device, and I don't want to spend $450 for a phone that potientially can turn into a brick.
    Totally understand your concern - again, I can assure you that with the latest OS - no worries!!

My wife has a Classic - and if she was having problems - trust me, I would hear about it!!

Sakura1210 likes this.
    07-24-15 06:51 PM
    I am not

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 10:24 PM
    I am not

Posted with my  Classic
    Did you update your Classic to the lastest OS?
    07-25-15 12:58 AM
    Did you update your Classic to the lastest OS?
    Yup I'm on 10.3.2.858

Posted with my  Classic
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    07-25-15 01:48 AM
    reviving an old thread here.. So i just did a factory reset and updated to latest OS on my classic and i noticed that when my phone is ON and plugged into charger the charging LED light does not turn on anymore. Is this normal? When it was powered off the LED does function and i do remember the charging LED working while the phone was ON and charging so I'm just wondering if this is normal with other users?

Thanks for your feedback
    10-26-15 08:12 AM
257 ... 7891011