I actually never power off my phones anymore at night. Just enable airplane mode and you are good to go, it cuts off all wireless connections. Also IMHO modern day smartphones don't need to be rebooted every single day. Just checked, the last time my Classic rebooted was January 25th, so more than three weeks already without a single reboot - the device still works well.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:55 PM
    I actually never power off my phones anymore at night. Just enable airplane mode and you are good to go, it cuts off all wireless connections. Also IMHO modern day smartphones don't need to be rebooted every single day. Just checked, the last time my Classic rebooted was January 25th, so more than three weeks already without a single reboot - the device still works well.

Posted via CB10
    and never had problem to receive your email????
    02-16-15 07:19 PM
    and never had problem to receive your email????
    No, never!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 09:51 PM
    No, never!

Posted via CB10
    lucky for you, cause after 3 days of not shutting it down my outlook stop working and there is no way for me to know untill I reboot then I see some 2 days past email to come through
    02-16-15 10:36 PM
    I had this problem only once. Plugged it over night but didn't charge at all but I think I did it as it was shutting down.
    02-17-15 06:54 AM
    I actually never power off my phones anymore at night. Just enable airplane mode and you are good to go, it cuts off all wireless connections.
    Posted via CB10
    Why not use Bedside mode and configure to your preference? For me I want calls to get through and calendar/remember notifications. Everything else is off.
    I'm surprised so many people routinely turn off their phones at night.

My only concern with this issue is in the really unlikely event that my phone dies.

Posted via CB10
    werkregen likes this.
    02-17-15 07:12 AM
    lucky for you, cause after 3 days of not shutting it down my outlook stop working and there is no way for me to know untill I reboot then I see some 2 days past email to come through
    I never reboot my phone either, email still works fine...
    02-28-15 11:42 PM
    I just bought my Classic on March 7th and it has the latest OS update that BB says will "fix" the charging problem. It does NOT on my phone. Still will RARELY charge when powered off and always charges when powered on. I haven't figured out the sequence of steps I used to get it to charge when powered off, but once every 10 times or so it will charge. How bizarre.
    03-11-15 06:17 PM
    I'm having zero problems charging mine. Computer charged it fine, car charged it fine, wall plug did fine, and so did a Qi stand. Came off the charger at 6:30am, still has 30% at almost 20:30.

From a Classic
    Last edited by Xenolock; 03-12-15 at 09:35 AM.
    03-11-15 07:22 PM
    Xenolock, what OS and software versions are you running?
    03-12-15 08:00 AM
    Xenolock, what OS and software versions are you running?
    Software release 10.3.1.941

OS version 10.3.1.1448

Who IS NOT having charging problems with Classic?-img_20150312_090925.png

From a Classic
    03-12-15 08:09 AM
    i'm having no issues witch charging while powered down. thats ridiculous
    03-12-15 08:29 AM
    I'm having zero problems charging mine. Computer charged it fine, car charged it fine, wall plug did fine, and so did a Qi stand. Came off the charger at 6:30am, still has 30% at almost 8:30.

From a Classic
    same here ... no issues whatsoever !!
    03-12-15 08:40 AM
    On BB10 it will boot up ("reboot")after plugging in when it gets to a certain charge level if you have drained the battery completely. The PlayBook has the same setup. Sometimes the LED does not light up at first but will if given time. I always use the quick charger in my Z10 and never reboot unless the Android engine hangs up which is pretty rare.

One reason BlackBerry has moved away from removable batteries is the absence of current causes data issues even with minute amounts present. The java based OS was so finicky pulling the battery was mandatory to reset the software. The obvious drawback is replacing a depleted battery which is something I abhor not being able to do.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-12-15 09:02 AM
    No issues here. Just realized I could charge wireless last night it also works fine. What about the battery on the beast I was up at 5am yesterday got home about 5pm played with the phone all day and heavy at home 11pm still had 35% reminds me of the Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 11:05 AM
    I got the phone on Wednesday, charged to 100percent. I'm now at 5percent on friday. This is acceptable. Can all classics wireless charge?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 09:48 PM
    No problems with charging on my Classic battery is good.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:44 PM
    After software upgrade, I finally can charge my Classic when it's off. But most of the time it will turn on automatically when I plug in the cable.
    So I think it's not fair to say BlackBerry solved this issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:21 PM
    Mike,

To-date wireless charging on the BlackBerry Classic is supported on only three models. To find out if wireless charging is supported on your Classic, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap Settings, then tap About. Scroll down to the field Model Number. If it says SQC100-2, your Classic is optimized for PMA mats and compatible with most Qi mats. If your model number is either SQC100-3 or SQC100-5, then it is optimized for Qi mats and compatible with most PMA mats. Otherwise wireless charging is not supported on it.

Note that these don't say that BlackBerry Classics whose Model Numbers aren't those mentioned (like, say, SQC100-4) won't charge wirelessly. It's just that wireless charging is not supported on these models.

Elrohir59
    03-15-15 01:38 AM
    Thanks! I have a 4. I hope they enable it haha

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 07:52 AM
    Zhengyu718, What is your software and OS versions now?
    03-18-15 05:38 AM
    After last update, problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:02 PM
    I use my classic all the time and it only last half a day - Also Go Daddy does not link up to the BB and I can not get messages ior email right away , it takes 5 - 20 minutes for an email to go through and BB does not know why
    03-25-15 09:53 PM
    I am having problem - half day life only
    03-25-15 09:54 PM
    This happenned to me last night, wouldnt charge when off, after few weeks of no issues at all. Then i remember seeing this thread in the forum, read from the start till finish until 4 am!!!! I wanted to upgrade the OS, saw 1565 available for download. Read hundreds of threads talking about problems with that build, so didnt do it. This morning i tried again, reset the phone, let the charger plugged in, then power off. Somehow it works, seeing lighting bold, then green light indicating the phone is fully charged. I did charge it to full yesterday while phone was on. Tried twice this morning, still working fine. I dont know whether resetting the phone solves the issue for you, but at least it works for me.......for now. I dont think i want to upgrade to 1565 until my carrier pushes newer version. XL Axiata in Indonesia by the way. I must admit, I was very unhappy last night and hope this does not happen again, at least until newer build is available from my carrier. Love the phone, but not being able to charge while off is, honestly, stupid. Will monitor over the next few days and see if problem comes up again. I am using the stock OS that comes with the phone.

UPDATE:

After couple of days, the only way I can get the charging light is to plug the charger while on, then turn the phone off. It wont work if you plug the after after you turn off the phone. I went to Classic launch event in a mall yesterday, saw few show units, none of them charge when off. I upgraded one of the show unit to latest official (1565) via wifi available during the launch event, and after the upgrade, it charges fine when off. In fact I upgraded two units in the end, with same results. So the stock OS has a bug, like discussed in many forums. Like I indicated above, I think I will wait for another official release before I upgrade my stock OS.
    Last edited by mw888; 03-29-15 at 10:17 PM.
    03-29-15 01:36 AM
257 ... 678910 ...