So can us Classic users load a "previous" version of a 10.3 OS to eliminate this charging issue?

Thanks!
    Might be possible to load an earlier OS but I don't think there's a usable or an available radio file for the Classic that'll work with these builds.
    12-27-14 09:17 PM
    I STILL don't understand the point of turning the phone off to charge...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    aodash and gvs1341 like this.
    12-27-14 09:20 PM
    Having the same problem with my z30. It won't charge if it's plug into the wall, only charges when connected to my cpu or car charger. When it is plug in it takes forever to charge. Never had this problem until i installed 1154. I then reverted back to 1418 and i am having the same problem.
    12-27-14 09:28 PM
    Test is complete and I am keeping my classic. It powered down after being at 0% for at least 20 minutes. I then kept powering up the device until nothing but red battery symbol showed up. Once I plugged it in red battery with lightning bolt showed. It then booted up 2 minutes later. After reading about no charge when classic was powered off I checked my phone as I never paid attention before. I tested my phone and it was not charging when powered off.
    Who IS NOT having charging problems with Classic?-img_20141227_224244.png
    Who IS NOT having charging problems with Classic?-img_20141227_222411.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:51 PM
    Last comment and I will move on. Decided to test the charging while phone was powered down. It was 10% when powered down. Plugged it in for 10 minutes and powered on. Still at 10%.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and Sarawla like this.
    12-27-14 10:09 PM
    thanks so no bricking phone....I am doing the same I will let it die and see what happen...I have the Z30 in case something happen
    12-27-14 10:25 PM

So if by some chance your phone died, and you were unable to charge it because of this bug, would you be happy?

I don't need my phone on 24/7. I shut it off at night, because if there is an emergency they can call my home phone or knock on my door. I don't need to sleep with my phone by my side waiting for someone to text me, it stays in the living room. I don't need to use it as an alarm, because there was once a wonderful invention called an alarm clock.

Why would YOU turn your phone OFF? Why would I leave it ON for 8 hours straight when not in use?

I'm getting sick and tired of this remark on all of the battery threads. If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say it! Some of us are having a serious problem with a brand new phone and would like it to be resolved.

My phone does not charge when off (I got it to do it once after a half-an-hour of fiddling with it, but never since). I'm terrified that my battery will die and I won't be able to charge my phone. I only use the charger that came with my Classic.
    kitmo, geekaren, Sarawla and 1 others like this.
    12-27-14 10:27 PM
    [QUOTE=slagman5;11202550]I STILL don't understand the point of turning the phone off to charge...

Hey slagman5,

Some leave their device on 24/7 (me) - others choose to power down at night (my wife). Personal choice - and yes, I could probably convince my wife to leave it on at night and set it to silent.

The REAL issue here is what happens if the phone battery goes to 0% and the device shuts down (long day out and about, or a rogue app taking over and causing sudden severe drain, etc.) - in the current situation, the device can then NOT BE CHARGED, rendering it an INOPERATIVE DEVICE (can't be charged because it can't be turned on because the battery is dead).

So - yes - this is a real problem - EVEN FOR YOU if you suddenly find yourself with a DEAD BATTERY!
    Sarawla likes this.
    12-27-14 11:28 PM
    Does anyone know how to contact BlackBerry and make sure they know about this very serious issue? I know that you get 30 days of free support when you purchase a Classic - and presumably there is a phone number to call - however, I have a Classic on order for my wife and don't yet have the support info or number.

If someone can provide a number or an email address at BlackBerry, I will happily contact them on behalf of all of us.
    12-27-14 11:32 PM
    Does anyone know how to contact BlackBerry and make sure they know about this very serious issue? I know that you get 30 days of free support when you purchase a Classic - and presumably there is a phone number to call - however, I have a Classic on order for my wife and don't yet have the support info or number.

If someone can provide a number or an email address at BlackBerry, I will happily contact them on behalf of all of us.

1-877-552-5532 tech support
    12-27-14 11:38 PM
    So if by some chance your phone died, and you were unable to charge it because of this bug, would you be happy?

I don't need my phone on 24/7. I shut it off at night, because if there is an emergency they can call my home phone or knock on my door. I don't need to sleep with my phone by my side waiting for someone to text me, it stays in the living room. I don't need to use it as an alarm, because there was once a wonderful invention called an alarm clock.

Why would YOU turn your phone OFF? Why would I leave it ON for 8 hours straight when not in use?

I'm getting sick and tired of this remark on all of the battery threads. If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say it! Some of us are having a serious problem with a brand new phone and would like it to be resolved.

My phone does not charge when off (I got it to do it once after a half-an-hour of fiddling with it, but never since). I'm terrified that my battery will die and I won't be able to charge my phone. I only use the charger that came with my Classic.
    As someone who builds, fixes, and maintains PC's I can say that it is better to just leave them running rather than constantly turning on and off. I know it's likely a different thing with mobile phones, but I don't think with BB10 there's any real benefit to turning it off so I don't see why I would waste my time turning it off or turning it back on every night. And if I wake up in the middle of the night and happen to want to check to see if I have any notifications, I could, if I wanted to...

12-28-14 01:28 AM
    how do we perform an hard reset on BlackBerry 10?
    12-28-14 03:37 AM

Some people don't like anything electronic on beside their heads while they sleep, Legacy was great for that, I always programmed it to turn off at 11:30pm and to turn back on at 6am.

What I don't understand is how could BB screw up something as simple as charging a battery.
    12-28-14 03:45 AM
    how do we perform an hard reset on BlackBerry 10?
    Volume up + down buttons simultaneously for about 15-20 seconds... don't release when a screenshot is done... keep waiting... lasts longer on my passport than on my Q10 to happen

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    12-28-14 03:47 AM
    Seems that BBRY can't iron power managament on BB10 after all of this time. As a STL100-1 user I'm really sick of their battery readings mess but at least I can pull out my battery. I dont understand how they decided to release phone with nonremovable battery without securing flawless battery managament.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-28-14 05:01 AM
    What does this mean for me now?? If my phone turns off due to low battery i can't charge it?!?! Seriously??
    12-28-14 05:57 AM

Some people (I for one) have multiple devices. If I take the SIM out of my Classic and pop it into another phone, I would TURN OFF the Classic and let it charge.
    bipoler88 likes this.
    12-28-14 06:05 AM
    As someone who builds, fixes, and maintains PC's I can say that it is better to just leave them running rather than constantly turning on and off. I know it's likely a different thing with mobile phones, but I don't think with BB10 there's any real benefit to turning it off so I don't see why I would waste my time turning it off or turning it back on every night. And if I wake up in the middle of the night and happen to want to check to see if I have any notifications, I could, if I wanted to...

slagman,

You are still not getting it: so, tell me - what happens if YOUR Classic suddenly has battery drain to the point where it powers off? How would you recharge it, since you cannot charge the Classic when powered off?

Z10 - 10.3.1.1151 w/996 radio
    Sarawla likes this.
    12-28-14 07:21 AM
    1-877-552-5532 tech support
    Thanks, Alain - I will try to get to them and see what I can find out. Hopefully my statement that I will cancel my order with Amazon without a clear resolution to this will elicit some clear information.

geekaren likes this.
    12-28-14 07:23 AM
    What does this mean for me now?? If my phone turns off due to low battery i can't charge it?!?! Seriously??
    Just an FYI I tested this last night and posted in the thread. You can charge the phone once the battery drains. This is more related to folks who turn their phone off at night. Some users experience the phone not charging while phone is powered off manually.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    12-28-14 10:24 AM
    Test is complete and I am keeping my classic. It powered down after being at 0% for at least 20 minutes. I then kept powering up the device until nothing but red battery symbol showed up. Once I plugged it in red battery with lightning bolt showed. It then booted up 2 minutes later. After reading about no charge when classic was powered off I checked my phone as I never paid attention before. I tested my phone and it was not charging when powered off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141227_224244.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	323651
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141227_222411.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	323652

Posted via CB10
    So it seems that the phone will charge from dead, maybe upto 10%? But wont charge if switched off by user. Odd thing to happen, but as long as I'm not left with a brick that's unable to charge from dead I'm ok with it.
    12-28-14 10:29 AM
    Just to clarify once I plugged the phone in when it had powered from battery drain it began to charge and powered up on its own.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 11:12 AM
    Just to clarify once I plugged the phone in when it had powered from battery drain it began to charge and powered up on its own.

Posted via CB10
    Hey cseggleton - thanks tons for testing this for us!

12-28-14 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for doing this test for us!

12-28-14 11:55 AM
    I am in the process as well the phone doesn't want to die tho....lol
    Adam Rees and Frehley like this.
    12-28-14 11:58 AM
257 ... 23456 ...