Hi,

Comming from a legacy Torch 9800 (but a so good phone which can be charged with phone turned off) I can't now charge the classic while the classic is totaly off.

Is it an hardware or a software issue ?

Kind regards from France
    that is a good question
    geekaren likes this.
    12-27-14 12:07 PM
    Having not upgraded from the Bold 9900. I would like to know if the Classic has the same charging setup as the Bold, ie. When it is plugged in for charging, does it stop the charge when the battery is full as to save the battery unlike other phones that continue charging and destroy the battery?
    12-27-14 01:06 PM
    Having not upgraded from the Bold 9900. I would like to know if the Classic has the same charging setup as the Bold, ie. When it is plugged in for charging, does it stop the charge when the battery is full as to save the battery unlike other phones that continue charging and destroy the battery?
    What phones continue to charge after the battery is full??? I mean, modern phones, not phones from 1999.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-14 01:19 PM
    I thought if the phone totally drains, it will reboot once plugged... then charge. Are you guys purposely turning it off to charge?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:30 PM
    So like a few have mentioned, what if the battery runs down and phone turns off? You can't get phone to charge to use it again?

If this is true, it will completely put me off buying this device, as its totally unacceptable to be left with a brick that you can not charge or use.

Can someone clarify if this is the case?
    No, once you plug your phone in, you have power to turn it on... cause it's plugged!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:32 PM
    Android. Even my Galaxy Tab if I don't unplug it, it overheats and the continual charge ruins the battery. My wife replaces her battery on her Galaxy 4, because she leaves it plugged in overnight and the battery wont hold a charge for more then a few hours after 7-8 months. Phones like laptops destroy their battery if left plugged in after fully charged.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-27-14 01:36 PM
    No, once you plug your phone in, you have power to turn it on... cause it's plugged!

Posted via CB10
    But why would it detect the charging power at that point and not when you turn it off and charge it while it was say at 50%?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:41 PM
    Android. Even my Galaxy Tab if I don't unplug it, it overheats and the continual charge ruins the battery. My wife replaces her battery on her Galaxy 4, because she leaves it plugged in overnight and the battery wont hold a charge for more then a few hours after 7-8 months. Phones like laptops destroy their battery if left plugged in after fully charged.
    Really? If so, that's pretty sad... That seems like mobile phone behavior 101 to trickle charge once it hits full charge...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-14 02:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    it will not work if you drain your phone until it power off by itself....zero juice..unless the phone power off by itself before the battery is completely drained..
    as it stand right now no one tried it yet ( I think)...what people wonder if that happen is the phone bricked????

edit..: hummmm, i see what you are saying...now....good question

edit..: one would think that if it does not charge when the phone is off.....will it power on when plug????

who willing to test it....lol

edit again...: I also remember that with certain phone when it power itself off cause of no more juice..then when you plug it...and before to be able to power it back on the phone has to charge for a few minutes
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-27-14 at 02:34 PM.
    12-27-14 02:18 PM
    it will not work if you drain your phone until it power off by itself....zero juice..unless the phone power off by itself before the battery is completely drained..
    as it stand right now no one tried it yet ( I think)...what people wonder if that happen is the phone brick????
    Who's going to take one for the team? Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:19 PM
    Who's going to take one for the team? Lol

Posted via CB10
    someone with a lot of money...lol
    12-27-14 02:26 PM
    I never could charge my Z10 while it is off. It would always went on when I hook it to a charger. Red light blinks and phone starts to boot. If battery is totally discharged, amber light starts, empty battery with lightning symbol shows on the screen for a few seconds then screen turns off. After minute or two, amber light gets replaced with red and phone starts to boot.
    12-27-14 02:46 PM
    I never could charge my Z10 while it is off. It would always went on when I hook it to a charger. Red light blinks and phone starts to boot. If battery is totally discharged, amber light starts, empty battery with lightning symbol shows on the screen for a few seconds then screen turns off. After minute or two, amber light gets replaced with red and phone starts to boot.
    with the classic it seems different now.
    12-27-14 02:51 PM
    Thats another reason why I hate the whole non removable battery thing!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-27-14 03:17 PM
    Thats another reason why I hate the whole non removable battery thing!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    I think BB is afraid of the re-booting
    12-27-14 03:26 PM
    I'll try it. I still have my passport as a backup. Stay tuned!

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and LatinoLoco24 like this.
    12-27-14 03:36 PM
    with the classic it seems different now.
    As I've already said, it has nothing to do with the Classic. I'm having the exact same problem with my Q10 ever since I loaded the leaked 10.3.1 OS. It's an OS bug, not a hardware problem. If it was hardware, your phone would not charge ON or OFF.
    Frehley likes this.
    12-27-14 06:19 PM
    As I've already said, it has nothing to do with the Classic. I'm having the exact same problem with my Q10 ever since I loaded the leaked 10.3.1 OS. It's an OS bug, not a hardware problem. If it was hardware, your phone would not charge ON or OFF.
    Ok I surely hope so too...Z 30 here with 10.3.1.1151 leak. phone off, plug in....the light appear and the phone power on
    12-27-14 06:33 PM
    Boy something is wrong with your galaxy tab cause once it's full, it shouldn't charge anymore or else it can burn your place down.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:39 PM
    I am on my second Classic. Same issue with both, phone charges fine while powered on. I took my first one back on day 3. The first night on both phones, turned power off, plugged phone in and charged no problem. On both phones on second night, turned off phone, plugged it in and nothing. No flashing lights, no surge symbol. I just called Blackberry and sent a phone log to them and they opened a ticket on the issue. Newbie to forum, long time BB. Previous phones in order, q10, z10 (bricked) bold 9900 (bricked) and many Curves.
    12-27-14 07:57 PM
    I am on my second Classic. Same issue with both, phone charges fine while powered on. I took my first one back on day 3. The first night on both phones, turned power off, plugged phone in and charged no problem. On both phones on second night, turned off phone, plugged it in and nothing. No flashing lights, no surge symbol. I just called Blackberry and sent a phone log to them and they opened a ticket on the issue. Newbie to forum, long time BB. Previous phones in order, q10, z10 (bricked) bold 9900 (bricked) and many Curves.
    Please keep us updated on the outcome of the BlackBerry ticket...and any resolution to the problem.

Thanks!
    12-27-14 08:39 PM
    Exactly the same problem I've been having with 1154 on a brand new Z30. (Tried blitz method & also auto-loader to no avail) Had to roll back to the official OS (10.2.1.3442) where charging while powered off isn't an issue.
    12-27-14 08:46 PM
    Exactly the same problem I've been having with 1154 on a brand new Z30. (Tried blitz method & also auto-loader to no avail) Had to roll back to the official OS (10.2.1.3442) where charging while powered off isn't an issue.
    So can us Classic users load a "previous" version of a 10.3 OS to eliminate this charging issue?

Thanks!
    12-27-14 08:51 PM
    Down to 0% so about to see if we get a charge when dead or a new blackberry classic!

Posted via CB10
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    12-27-14 09:05 PM
    Down to 0% so about to see if we get a charge when dead or a new blackberry classic!

Posted via CB10
    Eagerly await your results. Good luck! Lol

Posted via CB10 with the beautiful keyboard of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-27-14 09:09 PM
257 12345 ...