mine charges fine after power off.
    don't rely on that only
    12-26-14 05:07 PM
    depends how you look at it...with the Z30 if I was never turning off the phone.. a lot of time the phone would not work properly...somehow it has to reset
    Well you have a bigger problem then lol
    12-26-14 06:06 PM
    meaning?
    12-26-14 07:03 PM
    My z10 has that problem, if it goes to complete zero capacity, you can't charge it in the phone.

You need to charge it via the external charger...

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    12-26-14 07:46 PM
    These lithium based batteries tend not to like being run down too low, so I guess it's just best to avoid. That was my practice with the phone I'm switching from.
    12-26-14 07:53 PM
    Why dont you all use BEDSIDE mode???!! Its such a great feature!
    With my Classic charged to about 80% last night around 11:00 I set an alarm for 7:30 am and put the phone on bedside mode. Did NOT have it charging. The alarm went off but when I got out of bed an hour later the battery was completely drained.
    12-26-14 08:01 PM
    What kind of charging problem are you having? If it is for it charging while it's off, I have no idea since I never turn the phone off and never see a reason to do so, so I'll likely never find out...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-26-14 08:23 PM
    My z10 has that problem, if it goes to complete zero capacity, you can't charge it in the phone.

You need to charge it via the external charger...
    the charger that came with it?
    12-26-14 08:27 PM
    To clarify (this applies to legacy and BB10):

If you charge the phone while the phone is ON, you will not get any LED blinking to indicate charging.
    If you charge the phone while the phone is OFF, you will see the LED blinking to indicate charging.

With OS 10.3.1, there's a bug with charging while the device is OFF. This is not only limited to the Classic -- my Q10 is OFF and plugged into the charger and is not charging either. Just like any BB10 device, charging is handled by the software - the device usually boots up (not full boot) to a state where it can manage the charge and this is not happening with 10.3.1.
    Shane8750, ViaCassian and Frehley like this.
    12-26-14 08:54 PM
    I haven't noticed any problems yet charging mine.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    12-26-14 08:54 PM
    So if the battery is totally drained and the phone powers off would this mean your phone is unable to be charged back up?

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    12-26-14 10:02 PM
    So if the battery is totally drained and the phone powers off would this mean your phone is unable to be charged back up?

Posted via CB10
    looks that way...so don't let it die
    12-26-14 10:14 PM
    Stupid stupid stupid

Phone should charge turned off or on when plugged in period the end.

Posted via CB10
    kobnyc likes this.
    12-26-14 10:29 PM
    Tried my Classic. Turned it off and plugged it into the BlackBerry charger. The LED flashed red, a battery charge icon appeared on the screen momentarily and the LED flashed amber while charging. Using stock 10.3.1 OS that came on it, no issues here.
    Bratza likes this.
    12-26-14 10:32 PM
    looks like some have issue some don't...should type of a poll to determine how many of each
    12-26-14 10:43 PM
    depends how you look at it...with the Z30 if I was never turning off the phone.. a lot of time the phone would not work properly...somehow it has to reset
    I didn't reboot my Classic since I have it (8 days from now) and everything runs smooth, fast and really great. No problems so far

In my opinion BlackBerry 10 doesn't require rebooting or battery pulls like BBOS did.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    12-27-14 01:01 AM
    I follow this thread with interest, since I stick to my Q10 as my socialnetwork on the go phone and bought a passport for work... I am eyeing the Classic to be the replacement for my Q10 when the time comes to...
    I know the battery can run out of power some day... forget to plug in, on the go with GPS/maps on, playing games etc.
    It is critical that the phone charges even if turned off.

Playbook owners know about the issue and plug in and out the charger periodically say every 2 minutes (can take half an hour if not more) until they see the charging sign.

I hope it is not really the case here... else, the replacement of my old Q10 would be a new Q10 half price in comparison to the classic! (I still use my Q and have a replacement battey bundle... I won't give it up so soon! My best phone so far)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    12-27-14 01:16 AM
    So like a few have mentioned, what if the battery runs down and phone turns off? You can't get phone to charge to use it again?

If this is true, it will completely put me off buying this device, as its totally unacceptable to be left with a brick that you can not charge or use.

Can someone clarify if this is the case?
    12-27-14 03:43 AM
    like I said before there should be a type of poll that would stay at the top of the thread as to " who is and who is not" having the problem
    12-27-14 10:06 AM
    I can confirm two classics in the household with charging problem present.

This is kind of huge right? Tell me it's something that can be fixed with a simple software update...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:49 AM
    Mine charges when the phone is off.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:58 AM
    Testing now and will report back

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:38 AM
    I had the same problem on my Z10 last wednesday, it was cheerfully playing my offline radio music and suddenly i saw the last minute warning you get when your battery's running out. It was plugged in and could no longer recognize the usb plug even though the plug still worked on another device.

The charging light would only briefly come on. I had another plug handy made for Blackberry and it worked fine but for awhile after i plugged it in the charging light was still being iffy and i was adjusting the plug wondering if it was too late for my battery. I looked online and did the battery pull while plugged in. I hadnt seen anything like this before and was doing the same thing i do every day except usually its my Bold that i am playing music from.

After that everything seems to work normal again.

Last week my Bold did an unexpected battery drain while i was walking streaming blue tooth music like i do every week with plenty of battery left at the end of the day. The bold doesnt even have a sim card in it or have a network turned on or anything. After that incident it seems to work normal too.

So unexpected rapid battery drain seems like it might be a related topic that might be included in a poll, type of device, charging light, and unexpected battery drain that is not chronic.

Maybe the solar flare affected all our phones or something. Whether a person leaves their phone on all the time or not shouldnt be a relevant issue if it wasnt one before now. I dont leave my phone on all the time either for several reasons.
    12-27-14 11:42 AM
    Hi,

Comming from a legacy Torch 9800 (but a so good phone which can be charged with phone turned off) I can't now charge the classic while the classic is totaly off.

Is it an hardware or a software issue ?

Kind regards from France
    12-27-14 12:02 PM
    the OP should keep track of those who's/not
    12-27-14 12:06 PM
257 1234 ...