07-28-15 12:56 PM
138 ... 3456
tools
    I'm on day 3. Perfect so far. What problems should I look for?

Posted via CB10
    Problems?? What problems?

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-07-15 04:27 PM
    Got my Classic on January 10th 2015. I am now 6 months in and my Classic is my main device. I expect all to go well until the day after my warranty with Blackberry expires. Then the issues will begin. Such has always been with my karma.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 04:21 PM
    It's true... "from a distance " you can't see how the owners of a DT issued Classic or even Q10 handle their phones.. what Leaks or how many Android apps their using causing the DT. (software)
    Sure... it also could be a hardware issue... (faulty assembly series at the factory?) or rough handling at home/work.. dust/sand/water?? Unprotected (no case or holster) in the pocket together with the car keys.... some drops...

No one tells the truth... and only complaining about BlackBerry what could be their own fault.
    But maybe... just maybe, it is truly not their fault.

Just my two cents....

Yes it is their fault. Surely most business phones get hard use. I can not see many IT managers wanting to put up with the work involved with repairing and replacing PKB BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 04:25 PM
    Yes it is their fault. Surely most business phones get hard use. I can not see many IT managers wanting to put up with the work involved with repairing and replacing PKB BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    If you are slamming the cars door 20 times against a pole... and eventually the door breaks down... is it then still the manufacturer fault? Anything that have moving parts and has a rough life.. can break down at a certain point.

06-09-15 04:58 PM
    No issues...works perfect and gets better as time goes by...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 05:48 PM
    If you are slamming the cars door 20 times against a pole... and eventually the door breaks down... is it then still the manufacturer fault? Anything that have moving parts and has a rough life.. can break down at a certain point.

I agree, but the Classic is still under warranty. There are many examples where the Passport or Classic were all fairly new.

Buyer beware. Only buy from a carrier or Shop Blackberry. There is not a lot of anecdotal evidence suggesting that phone misuse plays an important role.

At the very least, BlackBerry should be dealing with this issue in a open and transparent fashion. Their silence suggests to me that the problems are real and significant.

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    06-09-15 07:06 PM
    No typing issues here. The only issue is my spelling lol. But I have to say it kinda scares me cause my q10 was plagued with it and ny classic is out of warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 07:45 PM
    Never had a problem with double typing on any BlackBerry device. Have to wonder how much of this problem is selection bias to be perfectly honest. Love typing on this phone so much that I'm going to add this last sentence, however unnecessary it is : )

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 09:21 PM
    No double typing issues here on my Verizon Classic, been having it for a few months and really hammering out plenty of text and emails without any issues. Also the build quality on my Classic seems to be far better then my previous Q10.
    Seems to be. But it isn't even close to as well built as the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:38 PM
    But then I've changed some hardware keyboards on other Q10's without touching the software and the problem went away on those Q10's... Hm... Sorry to make it even more confusing.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    This is correct. I've had the exact same experience as Slagman. And if you frequent the forums, then you'd know Slagman is the one who'd know.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:40 PM
    I bought my classic second hand a few days ago, It is supposedly a few months old. Either way, no typing issues so far.

I will add my perspective however, I am an active member of XDA-developers and I have owned over 15 different flagship android phones and every model of phone has a forum where the users complain about whatever issues plague that phone. I see this as no different really. Hell my car got recalled cus they needed to put a new electric window switch in cus the factory one might catch fire or something.

Ultimately, the percentage of users who have the problem compared to the percentage of users who don't is probably the same as any other complicated electronics device on the planet.

which makes "me too" threads like this kind of silly. but I am a giant hypocrite because here I am saying "me too"
    It's not as rare as you'd think. I've had six or seven Q10s from launch to now. Both carrier branded and factory unlocked. Every one of them has developed double-typing at 3-5 months.

My current Q10 developed it, an unlocked one bought in early 2015. But instead of exchanging it, I installed a new keyboard myself, and I've had no issues. And the new keyboard feels better than factory fresh.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:44 PM
    I get the double typing. Phone is not even 2 months old yet. Got it thru a carrier. Being doing this from the start. Figured it was me typing to fast. But now I see it is possibly a software issue as someone posted screenshots of beta leaked software upddate which addresses the double typing

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 11:12 PM
    After a software reload and not restoring back up, the DT started again after a couple of weeks. A replacement unit is on its way to me. Crossing fingers. I do love the Classic, so hoping the next one will hold up as well as my Bold 9900 did.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 11:38 PM
    Had mine since February on Vodafone UK and had no problems with double typing, light bleed, uneven sim trays etc etc, as said earlier all products have a defect rate, the only issue would be if blackberry has a higher rate than normal.
    06-10-15 01:10 AM
    OK mine started double-typing on the A key. Usually it does it, then won't do it for a while.

Not sure if I want to send it in yet, don't want them coming back to me saying they can't reproduce it and charge me for the warranty call. Or swap my phone with a refurb and losing my glass protector in the process...
    06-28-15 03:58 PM
    I have not had any issues with. Double typing.ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798. I've had my Classic for a couple of months already. I really like the build of the Classic is feels very solid in the hands.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:04 PM
    Nothing after a week LOL

 Classic
    06-28-15 04:12 PM
    Mine is great. No problems. As are $ost Classics.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 05:48 PM
    I have not had any issues with. Double typing.
    Ignorance is bliss they say.

If you were not a victim of the dreaded DT, that sentence would look like this:

"I have not had any issues with double typing."
    Mausje75 likes this.
    06-29-15 02:08 AM
    I've had mine since January - no double typing issues or backlight bleed or anything else.
    06-29-15 04:29 AM
    No issues with my classic either and I've had mine for 5 months

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 06:48 AM
    Two months on Verizon classic no DT yet and hope it never arrives.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:02 AM
    Totally fine here no double typing issue whatsoever!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:08 AM
    Going on a month now with my replacement classic. No issues at all. My first classic double typed in every sentence by three weeks. I replaced it using Amazons 30 day return policy.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 10:57 PM
    No problems at all, have had it for Four months now! Didnt have it on my q10 aswell (or passport for that matter)

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:54 PM
138 ... 3456