at work I bought BB10 devices:

12 BB PP ( no DT )
    30 BB Classic ( no DT )
    30 Q10 ( 6 DT )
    12 Z30 ( no DT)

in my case use daily Classic and Passport and 0 DT

Regards
    05-30-15 04:57 PM
    I've not had a single typing error with my Classic at all... Types #LikeABoss... No doubles, simply flawless... At least thus far this has been my tale...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:26 PM
    Not

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:34 PM
    I bought my classic second hand a few days ago, It is supposedly a few months old. Either way, no typing issues so far.

I will add my perspective however, I am an active member of XDA-developers and I have owned over 15 different flagship android phones and every model of phone has a forum where the users complain about whatever issues plague that phone. I see this as no different really. Hell my car got recalled cus they needed to put a new electric window switch in cus the factory one might catch fire or something.

Ultimately, the percentage of users who have the problem compared to the percentage of users who don't is probably the same as any other complicated electronics device on the planet.

which makes "me too" threads like this kind of silly. but I am a giant hypocrite because here I am saying "me too"
    Xenolock likes this.
    05-30-15 10:37 PM
    I started getting double typing the last month. Have had the Classic since January 2015. After talking to the rep on ShopBlackberry, I did a reload of the software and am manually reinstalling the apps etc. Will see how it goes. So far today typing has been markedly better. I really like the Classic, and my previous Curve 8320, bold 9780, 9900 and Q10 never had double typing issues. So crossing my fingers this will stay "fixed".

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:30 AM
    After talking to the rep on ShopBlackberry, I did a reload of the software and am manually reinstalling the apps etc. Will see how it goes. So far today typing has been markedly better. So crossing my fingers this will stay "fixed".

Posted via CB10
    So when this works... DT is a software issue instead of hardware

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-31-15 11:12 AM

But then I've changed some hardware keyboards on other Q10's without touching the software and the problem went away on those Q10's... Hm... Sorry to make it even more confusing.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-31-15 04:30 PM
    It might be software problems or hardware or maybe both. To be sure, one needs to deal with the software issue first. If it doesn't work, then we should be looking into the hardware.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-31-15 07:18 PM
    I have had my Classic since Christmas and have not had any double typing issues, or any charging issues. I have nothing to complain of... perhaps an occasional delay in the typing message boxes (such as Facebook Messenger).
    I still love the keyboard, often forget to use the trackpad.
    My only peeve is then the bottom black pop up covers the field I am trying to type in.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:05 PM
    No issues with mine..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:25 PM
    I'm not even sure what double typing looks like. I've been using a BlackBerry for years and I've never had this issue not once.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-01-15 03:28 AM

Day two now and typing is markedly improved. Occasional double Gs but might be user error. So, in my case it might have been a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:02 PM
    I don't have double type issues. Been using the device since January 17 2015. For some odd reason. Whenever I press the A button, it sometimes double taps on me. But I think that has more to do with my finger movements and the position of my phone case.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:04 AM
    I haven't had double typing on mine (yet) but have only been using it about 6 weeks. My Q10 in 2013/2014 did eventually develop double typing though, which while annoying, was luckily not super rampant and only happened sporadically.
    06-02-15 07:52 AM
    Could the issue be caused by dust that is getting between the keys and circuit board?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 03:57 PM
    I find it amazing how some people has the perfect device...I have double typing issue after 3 months, and it's gotten so frustrating that I gave up on it. I just signed a two year plan for an iPhone 6, and honestly, this is the one phone to rule them all
    06-02-15 09:13 PM
    Good for you! I mean, paying two years for an iPhone 6, great! Did you get the one with the physical keyboard? Oh, wait it has no keyboard!

You will be missing your Classic, I bet you will.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 01:36 AM
    I had no issues for the first 3 weeks. Awesome keyboard. Then last week it's like I ggot my old Q10 back again. I just submitted an Amazon replacement today. So I'll have a new classic overnight. Will see if I have any better luck on new hardware. This post is typical to my experience, one DT for every 4 or 5 sentences. See the "ggot" above. That was a DT that was not my fault. Worst keys are A, I, O, S. No space bar issues on this one.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:23 AM
    I was recently issued a Classic and haven't see Double Typing either. I'm actually rather liking the device so far. Only issue that a bit flaky for me is the camera quality.
    06-03-15 09:21 PM
    I bought my classic second hand a few days ago, It is supposedly a few months old. Either way, no typing issues so far.

I will add my perspective however, I am an active member of XDA-developers and I have owned over 15 different flagship android phones and every model of phone has a forum where the users complain about whatever issues plague that phone. I see this as no different really. Hell my car got recalled cus they needed to put a new electric window switch in cus the factory one might catch fire or something.

Ultimately, the percentage of users who have the problem compared to the percentage of users who don't is probably the same as any other complicated electronics device on the planet.

which makes "me too" threads like this kind of silly. but I am a giant hypocrite because here I am saying "me too"
    Great post. I think sometimes CrackBerry users jump to the conclusion that because they see a dozen people with an issue in a thread, everyone who isn't chiming up about it on CrackBerry or not on CrackBerry must have it too.

You read some of the forums here and you'd swear all Z10s have 90 minute batteries, all Classics double type and all Passports have screens that lift up. :-)
    06-03-15 09:24 PM
    I have owned many Android/Symbian/WindowsMobile smartphones too. But I never had to return one of them 5 times just to get one that has a good build quality. The classic still is one of the worst built phones I had. But for me, there is no better form factor, so I'll keep it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:43 AM
    Good for you! I mean, paying two years for an iPhone 6, great! Did you get the one with the physical keyboard? Oh, wait it has no keyboard!

You will be missing your Classic, I bet you will.

Posted via CB10
    I have owned many Android/Symbian/WindowsMobile smartphones too. But I never had to return one of them 5 times just to get one that has a good build quality. The classic still is one of the worst built phones I had. But for me, there is no better form factor, so I'll keep it.

Posted via CB10
    Why are your knickers all tight up then when somebody chooses an iPhone?
    No need to be childish when it comes to which smartphone one uses.
    06-05-15 04:46 AM
    My replacement classic arrived from Amazon today. Same OS, same apps, no android apps. The new unit works fine. The old one double types up a storm. It's really noticeable when you go between them side by side. So, the old one is being shipped back tomorrow. Hopefully this unit doesn't change after using it for a month. ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798 loving it if it remains like this.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:42 PM
    Sometimes I have the double typing issue pop up and the occasional period at the end of the word randomly. It is relatively new (3 months) and I have a full replacement warranty with Virgin Canada. I did have 2 Q10s previously and the double typing showed up on both eventually.
    06-07-15 09:34 AM
    I'm on day 3. Perfect so far. What problems should I look for?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 02:16 PM
138 ... 23456