Current specs is actually OK, provided BlackBerry keep optimizing BB10 in the next two years.

Just drop the price to USD 250, similar to Z3's

... Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 ...
    12-17-14 07:15 AM
    Me, for sure. I really dig the look of the Classic. It tugs at my BlackBerry heartstrings. But I'm just not sure how futureproof the specs are. My Z10 has already slowed down some, but that might just be because of the leaked OS I have on there now. I can't wait until I can download the official version from Link.

The one major drawback that would keep me from using the Classic as a daily driver is the camera. I have a Note 4 and it takes incredible pics, so now I'm rather spoiled. I do still plan on picking up the Classic once the price drops a bit, but when that time comes and there's a Classic 2 in the works I'll wait for that.
    12-17-14 07:55 AM
    My issues with the Classic are- Price, and Size.

In the sequel, get rid of the damn logo area at the top and reduce the unnecessarily large bezel area there. A phone with a 3.5 inch screen does not need to be so large. Make the price competitive with respect to hardware, and I'll bite. Not this round.
    12-17-14 10:07 AM
    2500mah+ Removable battery. Z30ish specs would be fine.
    12-17-14 10:10 AM
    The only thing I would hope for in the Classic 2 would be a battery as large as the Passport. The Achilles heel of the Bold 9900 was the battery life, with the Q10 people complain about battery life, the Classic is taking things up a notch for sure but to solidify things, a battery the size of the Passport would have made it the ultimate device for business types. If a device can go 12+ hours on a single charge, that's pretty awesome, 16 hours is ideal though. Anything more than that is just "icing on the cake". Everyone should be charging their devices at night when they go to sleep so any need for a device to go beyond that is a special case scenario that would be few and far between for the majority of users.

TL;DR - Classic 2 needs 3,200+ mAh battery.
    12-17-14 10:16 AM
    The only thing I would hope for in the Classic 2 would be a battery as large as the Passport. The Achilles heel of the Bold 9900 was the battery life, with the Q10 people complain about battery life, the Classic is taking things up a notch for sure but to solidify things, a battery the size of the Passport would have made it the ultimate device for business types. If a device can go 12+ hours on a single charge, that's pretty awesome, 16 hours is ideal though. Anything more than that is just "icing on the cake". Everyone should be charging their devices at night when they go to sleep so any need for a device to go beyond that is a special case scenario that would be few and far between for the majority of users.

TL;DR - Classic 2 needs 3,200+ mAh battery.
    I agree, I wish it had the 3000+mah battery they tested with it. I bet the whole "lets try to make is half a millimeter thinner!" craze caused them to back down to the 2515mah battery...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-17-14 11:07 AM
    2500mah+ Removable battery. Z30ish specs would be fine.
    Yah, that's what I wished for this Classic, it already shipped from Amazon yesterday. But instead of 2515mah battery I was hoping for 3000+mah, that would have been epic, lol.

12-17-14 11:08 AM
    I think the next series of phones released by Blackberry will be what begins the big migration from the captivity of Babylon, bringing the Berryites back to the promised land.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:08 PM
    I thought I'd finally get a smartphone (currently still using a Curve 9360 for texting/calling) and that the Classic would be it. Considering I'll mainly use my phone for texting/facebook/snapchat (student life lol), I don't think the Classic is for me. Don't get me wrong, I know it's aimed at business people that still haven't switched from their Bolds and not consumers like myself but I was hoping it might fit my needs.

I think getting a used Q10 and waiting for a Classic 2 that'll hopefully come with a much better camera is the best option for me. I've been with Fido for a few years now and I was hoping I could use my tab but there's no indication that they'll carry the Classic. They only had the Q5 but it seems to have disappeared now so it doesn't look good in terms of Blackberry. It is Rogers' discount brand after all, and Rogers is carrying the Classic.

What do you guys think I should do? Classic or Q10 (and wait for Classic 2)?
    Maybe I should make a separate thread...
    12-17-14 01:51 PM
    I thought I'd finally get a smartphone (currently still using a Curve 9360 for texting/calling) and that the Classic would be it. Considering I'll mainly use my phone for texting/facebook/snapchat (student life lol), I don't think the Classic is for me. Don't get me wrong, I know it's aimed at business people that still haven't switched from their Bolds and not consumers like myself but I was hoping it might fit my needs.

I think getting a used Q10 and waiting for a Classic 2 that'll hopefully come with a much better camera is the best option for me. I've been with Fido for a few years now and I was hoping I could use my tab but there's no indication that they'll carry the Classic. They only had the Q5 but it seems to have disappeared now so it doesn't look good in terms of Blackberry. It is Rogers' discount brand after all, and Rogers is carrying the Classic.

Q10 would be cheaper, so if you don't mind losing the toolbelt, then that might be better for you. I personally have been waiting to get the call send/end buttons back, so I already ordered a Classic.

toodloo likes this.
    12-17-14 01:55 PM
    I would have bought a high end classic in a heartbeat but knowing BlackBerry that only happens on the 3rd generation.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:15 PM
    I would buy the Classic II even if it was for like "1000 U.S".
    12-17-14 02:17 PM

I just bought a used Q10 off here for $160 with an Otterbox case, new would have only added $60. Why spend $200 more than that on the same hardware??? I would have waited until the Classic price dropped, but my phone died last week and needed a replacement so I went with a Q10. Classic at this price makes zero sense unless you get it subsidized. *IF* the subsidized price is really, really low on AT&T, I may consider it early, otherwise I'd suggest just waiting it out and saving money.
    toodloo likes this.
    12-17-14 02:22 PM
    Withdraw thyself from the land of the heathen and return to thy land of promise!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:35 PM
    I would be interested in a bigger/better spec classic. I would also be VERY interested in a Passport with the 4th row of keys.

Still buying the classic on VZW when available.

Posted via Q10
    12-17-14 02:51 PM
    Just make it at least a 4 inch square screen and I'm in.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:56 PM
    Am I the only one who doesn't really think about the cpu (as long as it can run adequately) on physical keyboard phones. Now if it was a full screen or tablet phone the cpu in it would jump in importance, not sure why I think that way, I guess its what I would intend to use them for.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by last_attempt; 12-17-14 at 04:43 PM.
    12-17-14 03:08 PM
    Am I the only one who doesn't really think about the cpu (as long as it can run adequately) on physical keyboard phones. Now if it was a full screen or tablet phone the cpu in it would jump in importance, not sure why I think that way I guess its what I would intend to use them for.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, and that's the Android mentality. That's why every keyboard Android is an entry-level, very low-end phone. So I guess, why even get a BB? There are plenty of keyboard phones out there that match what you think fits for it, and they'll have a ton more apps as well. :-)

12-17-14 03:32 PM
    Am I the only one who doesn't really think about the cpu (as long as it can run adequately) on physical keyboard phones. Now if it was a full screen or tablet phone the cpu in it would jump in importance, not sure why I think that way I guess its what I would intend to use them for.

Posted via CB10
    You're not the only one. I'd buy this new device if it was reasonably priced. If they're going to reuse old parts to cut costs, at least pass some of the savings along to consumers.
    toodloo likes this.
    12-17-14 04:17 PM
    I just got off my contract and am in the market for a new Blackberry. When I heard about the Classic I was very interested, but I find the device very confused. The main issue I see is that Blackberry OS 10 is designed around touch, gestures. The Z10, Z30, and Passport GET IT. That's where you get a great, new BB experience. As a side note I would LOVE a Passport, but with a baby on the way money is a bit tight.

I think that the Classic won't be the new improved 9900 that so many hope for. I even imagine the trackpad interfering with the principle gestures in OS 10, and all for the ability to navigate text a wee bit easier or click links on a browser a wee bit better. Look, I've got computers around me all day. If I want to surf the net' I go to a machine made for it. Again, I would LOVE that Passport. It seems like a mini computer.

Anyhow, I'll probably grab a Z10 or Q10 because they're dirt cheap right now. Heck even a 9720 or 9900 would probably suffice, but I want to at least try the new OS and prices between old and new are so close on the used market I may as well go for it.

Classic II? Absolutely. Lose the Tool belt, add a few extra buttons for starting/ending calls and bringing up a menu, increase the screen size, give it a trackpad keyboard like the Passport, and beef up the specs. Simple. So, simple I don't know how BBRY has missed this.

I like the Z10, I like the Passport, but their other devices just don't hit the mark. Hopefully, in a few years I'll be able to get the Passport for $150. Until then Z/Q10 it is.
    12-17-14 05:50 PM
    I just got off my contract and am in the market for a new Blackberry. When I heard about the Classic I was very interested, but I find the device very confused. The main issue I see is that Blackberry OS 10 is designed around touch, gestures. The Z10, Z30, and Passport GET IT. That's where you get a great, new BB experience. As a side note I would LOVE a Passport, but with a baby on the way money is a bit tight.

I think that the Classic won't be the new improved 9900 that so many hope for. I even imagine the trackpad interfering with the principle gestures in OS 10, and all for the ability to navigate text a wee bit easier or click links on a browser a wee bit better. Look, I've got computers around me all day. If I want to surf the net' I go to a machine made for it. Again, I would LOVE that Passport. It seems like a mini computer.

Anyhow, I'll probably grab a Z10 or Q10 because they're dirt cheap right now. Heck even a 9720 or 9900 would probably suffice, but I want to at least try the new OS and prices between old and new are so close on the used market I may as well go for it.

Classic II? Absolutely. Lose the Tool belt, add a few extra buttons for starting/ending calls and bringing up a menu, increase the screen size, give it a trackpad keyboard like the Passport, and beef up the specs. Simple. So, simple I don't know how BBRY has missed this.

I like the Z10, I like the Passport, but their other devices just don't hit the mark. Hopefully, in a few years I'll be able to get the Passport for $150. Until then Z/Q10 it is.
    If the classic sells well, then the toolbelt will be here to stay for future classic devices. The classic was design for those enterprise people that Chen talked to and they told him what they wanted in a device. Unless you have a BES license and manage a fleet of BBOS devices your opinion holds no weight with Chen for any future versions of this style of Classic device. In other words, the classic is design to serve a niche of toolbelt loving folks.

If you don't like toolbelt, then the classic is simply not the phone for you. The phone is called the Classic for a reason.
    allwi likes this.
    12-17-14 06:39 PM
    The Classic II will serve a different purpose in that it will improve upon the Classic and will be a BB10 device to BB10 device upgrade device, rather than what the current classic is (which is a BBOS to BB10 device).

I don't expect to see top of line specs on the Classic II, but rather at the very least its' specs will be the same or better than the current Passport.
    12-17-14 06:44 PM
    The Classic II will serve a different purpose in that it will improve upon the Classic and will be a BB10 device to BB10 device upgrade device, rather than what the current classic is (which is a BBOS to BB10 device).

I don't expect to see top of line specs on the Classic II, but rather at the very least its' specs will be the same or better than the current Passport.
    Yep, realistically, mid-range specs would make me happy, right now it would have been Z30 specs. Not crazy top end, but enough of a boost to let me feel like I'm getting an upgrade. I just hope the next Classic will have an awesome camera. :-)

toodloo likes this.
    12-17-14 06:46 PM
    The mods should really think about making a mega-thread for this redundant crap.
    12-17-14 07:20 PM
    The mods should really think about making a mega-thread for this redundant crap.
    Hey, I'm so sorry you were forced to read this and comment in it. My apologies.

Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-17-14 09:31 PM
99 1234