my Z30 runs just as fast as my Passport. . Specs don't mean nothing if your software don't match up
    12-16-14 01:20 PM
    my Z30 runs just as fast as my Passport. . Specs don't mean nothing if your software don't match up
    a) Z30 is already noticeably faster than Q10/Z10/Classic
    b) When using hardware-hungry apps you will see a difference between Z30 and Passport
    12-16-14 01:29 PM
    I wish there was an accurate way to see what percent of the market share the group of blackberry fans that want super high end specs in their phone is.....

And then how many of that percent, would pay for it vs how many would ***** about it being too expensive..

Make a phone with 4k maH and there still will be threads about someone's battery not lasting long enough...
    12-16-14 01:43 PM
    If sales from the classic is good by blackberry standards, we should see a classic 2 down the road. I like how blackberry is playing it smart by not bring out a speced out classic right now. Do you really think if the classic had a quad core processor, 3-4 gigs of ram, and a bigger battery and cost upwards of $700+ it would sell like crazy? I'll buy it for my self but I'm in the minority. Blackberry is rebranding, and rebuilding their business. The passport was to get those from other platforms and just those who wanted something different. The classic is aim at the die hardcore people to stay with Blackberry and/or those who wants to get things done efficiency

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-16-14 01:48 PM
    Have the official specs even been released yet? I'm planning on getting the Classic (as long as Verizon carries it), and also want it to have some up-to-date specs, but I didn't think I saw any official phone specs yet.
    12-16-14 01:53 PM
    I wish there was an accurate way to see what percent of the market share the group of blackberry fans that want super high end specs in their phone is.....

And then how many of that percent, would pay for it vs how many would ***** about it being too expensive..
    Most people complaining about the outdated Classic hardware don't want "super high end specs", just reasonably hardware like Snapdragon 801 or even just an S4Pro (which can be seen as outdated, too but still is faster than S4 Plus). Nothing a $450 device can't deliver
    12-16-14 02:01 PM
    To use a car analogy, a high-end Classic would be like a rice burner (I'm Asian and take no offense in that term) - a model designed for efficiency and economy that a few people want performance out of. I'll bet the average Classic user would value battery life over most of the things that have been mentioned on this thread.
    What's a rice burner!?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:04 PM
    I guess I don't really understand the whole "top-end specs" argument. My Q10 was never slow...it was always extremely responsive and I don't recall ever having to wait on the phone to do anything.
    12-16-14 02:08 PM
    I guess I don't really understand the whole "top-end specs" argument. My Q10 was never slow...it was always extremely responsive and I don't recall ever having to wait on the phone to do anything.
    Then you either aren't using it the same way as others do or have a distorted view of the meaning of the word slow.
    12-16-14 02:12 PM
    I would expect the next version to get the passport's touch keyboard features but in the traditional four row format. Maybe the touchpad could double as a fingerprint reader as well.

I think a touchpad with a touch keyboard would be awesome. Scroll and flick words with the keyboard and use the trackpad for fine selection. You wouldn't need to touch the screen at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:26 PM
    +10million. You already know.

And I'm 100% certain they will. Hopefully a 4.2" slider with full keyboard and toolbelt as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:52 PM
    Passport II ?? .........will that have on it ?
    12-16-14 03:23 PM
    Next version should be close to the passport. This should have been at least z30 level.

Another example of BlackBerry going back to their old ways of "just enough" specs. They could have knocked it out of the park, instead they have been miserly again.just stupid. Yet, enough of us will buy it anyway to keep them doing this stuff probably

Posted via CB10
    bb1010, Maxxxpower and nycspaces. like this.
    12-16-14 04:27 PM
    I am talking about in the future, not right now. Of course the current OS with the features it currently has, it runs ok, but unless you want to be limited to what it has now and what it's capable of right now, eventually you will want better specs.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-16-14 04:33 PM
    What's a rice burner!?

Posted via CB10
    A rice burner is a derogatory term for a Japanese (now Korean, too) compact car that is tuned up Tokyo Drift style with performance parts.
    12-16-14 04:40 PM
    I desperately need Classic 2 or Q10 upgrade, wouldn't mind either.

The system is much slower on 10.3.1 compared to 10.1 let's say.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 04:48 PM
    A rice burner is a derogatory term for a Japanese (now Korean, too) compact car that is tuned up Tokyo Drift style with performance parts.
    Yes, "performance" parts, or a K&N filter and a fart can noise maker exhaust tip... If they would really focus on performance, then we wouldn't call it a "rice burner" since they can be very fast due to their low weight. So then they will just be like any other modified sporty vehicle. But 95% of the ones you see on the street are the ones we call that.

12-16-14 05:03 PM
    It'll never have top end specs. Top end specs come with bigger screens. If they make bigger screens the classic is too big for the main consumer. The phone you want might be made, it just won't be called a classic. Q20 is free

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 05:13 PM
    It'll never have top end specs. Top end specs come with bigger screens. If they make bigger screens the classic is too big for the main consumer. The phone you want might be made, it just won't be called a classic. Q20 is free

Posted via CB10
    One can dream. I know it won't happen. :-)

12-16-14 05:22 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't get these threads where people are already saying they want a Classic II or Passport II or any "II" version of a phone before it's even released. (Well the Passport has been released but just recently.)
    12-16-14 06:29 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't get these threads where people are already saying they want a Classic II or Passport II or any "II" version of a phone before it's even released. (Well the Passport has been released but just recently.)
    Excitement about a new device builds until it's released, then it's what's next?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:09 PM
    Omg it's not even out yet and the stupid spec wars topic comes up again...if ya don't want a blackberry, don't buy one plain and simple.
    andy957 and TJKGT like this.
    12-16-14 07:19 PM
    Excitement about a new device builds until it's released, then it's what's next?

Posted via CB10
    Rather crazy.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:47 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    No doubt classic II will be much better as BlackBerry will have all the benefits of Classic I user feedback... time to further improve an already awesome Blackberry OS 10.3 experience, and improvements in hardware...

Same with Passport II...

It's the nature of tech... but in the meanwhile, buy what works for you now! Life is short....

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:33 PM
    Omg it's not even out yet and the stupid spec wars topic comes up again...if ya don't want a blackberry, don't buy one plain and simple.
    I guess someone didn't bother to even read the thread or the comments within it. Let me guess, "TLDNR"??

12-16-14 08:33 PM
99 1234