It's running into summer here in hong kong and that wearing lite clothes means passport becomes more inconvenient for that.

Here's my top 3

1. Pocketing
    2. One hand use
    3. Toolbelt

But here are the things I am getting use to

1. Seems keyboard is weaker build, and the layout is hard to adjust after months with the pp keyboard
    2. Keyboard scrolling, actually it's rather fluid on the pp and works well on most apps.
    3. Bit slow on some native apps even (not droid apps)

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to change the subject, tried to create a new post (on my Passport) and for some reason don't have this listed since today? Anyway noticed you are in HK and obviously using BlackBerry 10. Does your WiFi work in Starbucks? Mine used to before 10.3.1 update? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:45 PM
    Get both!
    04-21-15 08:36 PM
    Have both (and a Q10 and a Z30). Daily driver is the Classic. I leave my Passport at home on WiFi and once a week am tempted to switch. Love the Passport screen but....
    the size
    the keyboard
    the sticky back
    the wireless charging
    of the Classic just don't let me switch back. One of the biggest issues is I can one hand the Classic and the Passport requires two hands. But, man, the Passport runs really smooth.
    04-22-15 08:01 AM
    Have both (and a Q10 and a Z30). Daily driver is the Classic. I leave my Passport at home on WiFi and once a week am tempted to switch. Love the Passport screen but....
    the size
    the keyboard
    the sticky back
    the wireless charging
    of the Classic just don't let me switch back. One of the biggest issues is I can one hand the Classic and the Passport requires two hands. But, man, the Passport runs really smooth.
    I agree. It's warmer weather now and the classic is more pocket friendly.
    04-22-15 08:20 AM
    how does the wireless charging work? do you have to buy a wireless charging pad and all that? does BlackBerry make an oem one?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:04 AM
    I am not aware of BB making a pad. I use a Tylt stand that acts as a cradle at work and next to my bed. It charges the phone and still lets me see and use it. Highly recommended.
    04-22-15 03:49 PM
    I'm following up with my earlier post on switching from Passport to Classic. I've switched back to Passport...yes I'm surprised but I'm glad I gave the classic a shot. I realized during the ~2 weeks: (1) one-handed typing is just not something I do anymore (but the Passport is fine for other one-handed uses); (2) the screen is very important and the Passport nailed portability with readability; (3) the difference in speed of the Passport vs. the Classic is simply too much to ignore; and (4) the tactile keyboard is a killer app that I missed too much, the touchpad just doesn't match up.
    Last edited by lauyerman; 05-03-15 at 03:34 PM.
    05-03-15 10:46 AM
    I'm following up with my earlier post on switching from Passport to Classic. I've switched back to Passport...yes I'm surprised but I'm glad I gave the classic a shot. I realized during the ~2 weeks: (1) one-handed typing is just not something I do anymore (but the Passport is fine for other one-handed uses); (2) the screen is very important and the Passport nailed portability with readability; (3) the difference in speed of the Passport vs. the Classic is simply too much to ignore; and (4) the tactile keyboard is a killer app that I missed too much, the touchpad just doesn't match up.
    complete opposite here. after ~2 weeks with the classic I couldn't be happier and don't miss the passport at all. sure the classic has lower specs and isn't as fast as the passport, but I'm not that impatient of a person that I can't wait half a second. and there's just way too many positives that outweigh the negatives/positives of the passport. one hand-ability is huge, pocketabilty is huge, and the toolbelt is phenomenal.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:48 PM
    Nope. Bold 9900 to Q10. Waiting for a Q30

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:10 PM
    I changed from the Q10 to the Passport when the Passport was released so I have been using it for quite some time now. I picked up a Classic this week and am currently using it instead of the Passport. Here are the reasons I bought a Classic while having the Passport. Most of the reasons are related to the size of the Passport.

1. Size, now that the weather is good and I am working outside again I just always find myself trying to find a place to put the Passport and it always feels like it is in the way unless I leave it in the Truck/House while I am working. Not much of an issue in cooler weather when you will normally have a jacket or coat on. With the Classic I can toss it into a pocket and forget it is there until I need it, it fits perfect in my carpenter shorts pocket.

2. The Passport is difficult for me to use one handed, even answering a call is a pain. Again this relates back to the size of the Passport. Many times while I am working I can only spare one hand for the phone.

3. The three row keyboard drives me nuts, WTF was BB thinking?

4. The toolbelt, I missed the toolbelt. I like the capacitive keyboard on the Passport and find myself missing that part of the keyboard. But with the Classics trackpad and the cursor I find it better suited for text selection and navigating web pages with small links etc. The physical call, back and menu buttons are icing on the cake.

I don't plan on getting rid of my Passport and I am sure I will be swapping back and forth between the two devices. I wish the Classic had the same or better specs as the Passport as I do notice a difference in the speed, camera, display clarity, and the build quality isn't as good as the Passport IMO.

At least being able to buy these unlocked outright at a fairly reasonable price gives us the options to swap back and forth.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-08-15 11:34 PM
    Switched and I'm happy with it. Must prefer typing on the classic and the device being smaller. I do miss the bigger screen and battery at times, but I don't really see a huge difference in speed really! Good choice in my opinion so far!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 03:41 PM
    I changed from the Q10 to the Passport when the Passport was released so I have been using it for quite some time now. I picked up a Classic this week and am currently using it instead of the Passport. Here are the reasons I bought a Classic while having the Passport. Most of the reasons are related to the size of the Passport.

1. Size, now that the weather is good and I am working outside again I just always find myself trying to find a place to put the Passport and it always feels like it is in the way unless I leave it in the Truck/House while I am working. Not much of an issue in cooler weather when you will normally have a jacket or coat on. With the Classic I can toss it into a pocket and forget it is there until I need it, it fits perfect in my carpenter shorts pocket.

2. The Passport is difficult for me to use one handed, even answering a call is a pain. Again this relates back to the size of the Passport. Many times while I am working I can only spare one hand for the phone.

3. The three row keyboard drives me nuts, WTF was BB thinking?

4. The toolbelt, I missed the toolbelt. I like the capacitive keyboard on the Passport and find myself missing that part of the keyboard. But with the Classics trackpad and the cursor I find it better suited for text selection and navigating web pages with small links etc. The physical call, back and menu buttons are icing on the cake.

I don't plan on getting rid of my Passport and I am sure I will be swapping back and forth between the two devices. I wish the Classic had the same or better specs as the Passport as I do notice a difference in the speed, camera, display clarity, and the build quality isn't as good as the Passport IMO.

At least being able to buy these unlocked outright at a fairly reasonable price gives us the options to swap back and forth.
    I'm also a carpenter. I like that the classic is so small that putting on a protective case isn't an issue. with the passport I always had thinner cases on it since the phone was so massive and then I was more worried about jobsite hazards. I agree with pretty much everything else you said. though, the passport keyboard never bothered me, I do prefer the traditional 4 rows and not having to reach up onto the glass for numbers and such.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 05:00 PM
    Planning on getting the Bold 9900.

Passport to me is great but the form factor for my usage is going to be a let down.

Classic - im not a big fan of the plastic cover on its back.
    Going back to bb7 for a plastic cover...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    05-09-15 05:50 PM
    As far as calling,texting,e-mailing & notes, it is just as fast. Running apps and games it is slightly slower with some lag compared to the passport. Otherwise I haven't had a single issue with my classic...
    05-10-15 01:14 AM
    Going back to bb7 for a plastic cover...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    the back is awesome. and if you're gonna put a case on it, who cares? some people's priorities.....

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:03 AM
    I am worried about the people telling the battery in the Passport is amazing, I can't have it last more than 13 hrs tops!, the display is dark I would like more brightness but it affects the battery life.

I sometimes use a dev alpha C and I type faster.

Besides the back cover of the Classic I don't like the camera, passport is better.

I have the same question, I was even considering a Porsche but the Passport has best specifications.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:32 PM
    13 hours? I easily have 50 percent left then, if not more.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 01:41 AM
    13 hours? I easily have 50 percent left then, if not more.

Posted via CB10

And the display's bright is around 40%

Who here has switched from passport to the classic and why?-img_20150522_121048.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Who here has switched from passport to the classic and why?-img_20150522_120709.png  
    05-22-15 11:11 AM
    I have, the size difference was annoying after a while.
    05-22-15 11:50 AM
    I haven't, but I'm sure about one thing. If you go Passport, you'll destroy your chances to be a happy BlackBerry user in the long run, because I think this is happening for most people buying the Passport:

Stage 1: "What a beast! Awesome! Super fast! Unique! Love it!"

Stage 2: "I wish, I had 4 row keyboards."

Stage 3: "I wish, I had trackpad."

Stage 4: "The phone is still nice, but I'm tired of that size." This is the PROBLEM 1 in the long run.

Stage 5: "I want a new phone, that is more portable, but it still has to be a BlackBerry" and here is the PROBLEM 2, because if you go from Passport to another BlackBerry, it will be a huge downgrade.

Conclusion: Passport will destroy your relationsship to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. So accurate. But I jumped from Stage 1 to Stage 4 directly.
    05-22-15 12:02 PM
    How's the keyboard tactile feedback difference/similarities between the Classic & Passport?

For me the classic's pkb seems soft (which I like) does the passport have the same 'softness'? Or does it feel a bit rigid/'click-y' if you get what I mean (I hope)

Posted via BlackBerry Classic 
    06-06-15 10:57 AM
    Me. Switched from classic to passport. Than again from passport to classic 3 times now again on the Classic the passport was too big to handle.
    Love my classic now again best device I ever had like my old bold 9700

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:16 AM
    Nope. Bold 9900 to Q10. Waiting for a Q30

Posted via CB10
    Iphone 6 to passport to classic and waiting on the next flagship device if I don't get desperate and go get the passport again!
    06-06-15 05:18 PM
    How's the keyboard tactile feedback difference/similarities between the Classic & Passport?

For me the classic's pkb seems soft (which I like) does the passport have the same 'softness'? Or does it feel a bit rigid/'click-y' if you get what I mean (I hope)

My mom has had the passport since January and to me, the pkb feels a little hard to press compared to Classic which is very clicky.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    heydahling likes this.
    06-06-15 06:10 PM

I had the Passport for a few days and then switched to the Classic. I did find the Passport's keys slightly stiffer, and you know what, I actually prefer that over the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:53 PM
84 1234