I hate having to touch the screen. I use the trackpad for everything. On CrackBerry of all places, should there not be a way of viewing the next set of posts using just the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 08:42 PM
    I'm used to it actually. It's okay with me.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 08:54 PM
    I hate having to touch the screen. I use the trackpad for everything. On CrackBerry of all places, should there not be a way of viewing the next set of posts using just the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    I've always thought that too.
    07-31-15 08:58 PM
    I like it on my z30, but i see your point on a classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 09:02 PM
    You can use the kb alt + N iirc

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-31-15 09:28 PM
    Me. I hate this with all my soul. The worst is that there is not a keyboard shorcut.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 10:07 AM
    The CB10 app has some major issues, not least of which the inability to access private messages. Just as bad is page-selection drop-down at the top of the screen. I refresh the page more often than not.

And the fact that they haven't updated the shortcut for refreshing a page to be possible with the Passport...honestly, the iOS app is better for straight forum usage than the BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:20 AM
    Yep the cb10 app is absolutely pathetic. Giving access to specific developers did almost nothing for it either.
    08-02-15 01:57 PM
    As I have said on many threads now, the CB10 App has a small team of devs, those of us that are active are working on the App.

We will happily accept requests and suggestions but not a slagging off contest.

Thank you
    Gatmyer likes this.
    08-02-15 02:11 PM
    Just another of many things wrong with C10. Try using a 9900 and see how you like pop-ups (footer or header) covering 25% of the screen. or do a search and get 100 pages of non related threads.

They are to busy counting, to spare time to up date this app.
    08-02-15 08:46 PM
    Shouldn't this be in the CB forum? It's not phone-specific.
    08-02-15 09:56 PM
    Yes

Posted with my  Classic
    08-03-15 04:33 AM
    As I have said on many threads now, the CB10 App has a small team of devs, those of us that are active are working on the App.

We will happily accept requests and suggestions but not a slagging off contest.

Thank you
    PM's in app, and a heart shouldn't mean "like" lol. The thumbs up is more of a "like"

Posted with my  Classic
    08-03-15 04:34 AM
    PM's in app, and a heart shouldn't mean "like" lol. The thumbs up is more of a "like"

Posted with my  Classic

I definitely agree on the like and thanks Icons, they are a bit mis leading, my only worry would be that users will be used to them now
    08-04-15 10:55 AM
    I definitely agree on the like and thanks Icons, they are a bit mis leading, my only worry would be that users will be used to them now
    True but I think so long as it was followed up with or coordinated with a post announcing the CB10 app update and breaking down changes, could be mitigated but not really an big overhaul

Posted with my  Classic
    08-04-15 11:10 AM
    I agree with you OP. If they insist on this, there should be a way to invoke it on the Classic trackpad.

In general, I think the website itself needs some work too! Has anyone tried loading CrackBerry site on a Torch or 9900 lately? It's a disaster with the recent updates. I know the legacy devices are old, but the forums and blogs used to load nicely. There should be a selectable skin for older devices, I mean it's CRACKBERRY of all places come on. BlackBerry Support forums load nicely on 9900, including sites like CBC and BBC.
    08-04-15 12:01 PM
    There is no reason that I can see that it should not automatically load the next set of threads simply by scrolling to the bottom of the ones already loaded.
    I understand the pull-up to load the next page WITHIN a thread, because you are leaving a page and it should take a deliberate effort. This is actually improved in the latest build - because it used to be too easy to do and many complained (me included) that they were accidentally moving to the next page and had to keep moving back again to read the last post of the previous page. But the thread list is different, as there is no downside to loading the next set of threads because it is a continuous scroll, not divided into pages.

Please just let it load the next set of threads when you get to the bottom of the currently loaded list. No pull-up necessary.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 12:25 PM
    There is no reason that I can see that it should not automatically load the next set of threads simply by scrolling to the bottom of the ones already loaded.
    I understand the pull-up to load the next page WITHIN a thread, because you are leaving a page and it should take a deliberate effort. This is actually improved in the latest build - because it used to be too easy to do and many complained (me included) that they were accidentally moving to the next page and had to keep moving back again to read the last post of the previous page. But the thread list is different, as there is no downside to loading the next set of threads because it is a continuous scroll, not divided into pages.

Please just let it load the next set of threads when you get to the bottom of the currently loaded list. No pull-up necessary.

Posted via CB10

There is a down side, performance.

Take into mind the older and lower end devices, the Q5 isn't exactly nippy, same with the z3.
    08-04-15 12:30 PM
    It started out as an issue with the TrackPad on the Classic not working in CB10
    08-04-15 12:31 PM
    There is a down side, performance.

Take into mind the older and lower end devices, the Q5 isn't exactly nippy, same with the z3.
    Why would it impact performance? Only the trigger is changed. Right now it is triggered with a pull-up. I am proposing a trigger of reaching the bottom. You are still loading the same set of information, no?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 12:33 PM
    Why would it impact performance? Only the trigger is changed. Right now it is triggered with a pull-up. I am proposing a trigger of reaching the bottom. You are still loading the same set of information, no?

Posted via CB10

I was referring to the loading more posts as you scroll down instead of the pull to next page , the more data in the ListView the slower it will become
    08-04-15 12:38 PM
    Just to confirm here, the Classic cannot scroll down the list of posts with the Track Pad?

The Emulator sucks gonads so I cannot try it myself
    08-04-15 12:41 PM
    Down pull refresh / new page selection is WAY more annoying

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 12:42 PM
    I was referring to the loading more posts as you scroll down instead of the pull to next page , the more data in the ListView the slower it will become
    Reread my request. I was only referring to the thread list. The post "pages" are okay with me.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    08-04-15 12:51 PM
    I have always hated it. Mostly because it goes to the next page before I am ready quite often.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:40 PM
27 12