Hello everyone!
    I know theres a lot of threats right now for this subject but ill explain my point.
    Im a techno guy who likes to try differenst cellphones.
    This is my history: had all the iPhone since the 3gs to the 5s.
    Then i had a nexus 4, nexus 5.
    I tried a Black Passport for couples of months and i liked it very much but not sure about the big factor...
    Then I had a motorola X and finally a Samsung Galaxy S6 right now.

I missed Blackberry for the good hardware (battery, durability, etc).
    For the email, its perfect and the reception (signal) is better that what i saw with other compagnies.

The problem is that im not sure to want to put a lot of money until blackberry OS 10 will died slowly.
    Im looking in the Blackberry world and theres no updates for the applications in majority since 2014...
    Facebook and twitter is not very good... and the app in general on IOS or Android is always better and up to date.

I really dont know what to do, and there a cool 15% until end of february 2016 on blackberryshop website.

Thank you !!
    02-03-16 10:53 AM
    Get the Q10 if you don't want to risk too much financially but crave for the BB10. HOWEVER, the Passport is still the undefeated defacto beast of power horse in the BB10 house (can't beat that 3GB RAM and Paratek Antenna).

The way I see it, if worse comes to worst, BB10 won't be absolutely dead for at least for another 5 years--especially because it doesn't need BIS to survive. Heck, I'm not even sure the legacy ones will be dead, either--contrary to what the world has been saying for--what, 5 years now? BIS still exists, right? As it will always be as long as the corporate, the enterprise, the VIPs are still using it. I don't see them dropping BlackBerry anytime soon, with regards to security and the obvious durability.

No new devices, sure, but one can still use BB10 very well for years to come. I have just even bought a used PlayBook and it still works like a charm.
    02-03-16 11:09 AM
    Go for a Priv or next Vienna. Don't waste money. I've a classic and this is my sixth BlackBerry device, the next, the Priv or another BlackBerry power by android. BlackBerry os 10 will die maybe in one year.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:34 PM
    Go for a Priv or next Vienna. Don't waste money. I've a classic and this is my sixth BlackBerry device, the next, the Priv or another BlackBerry power by android. BlackBerry os 10 will die maybe in one year.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, all BB10 phones will cease to work! It's like the sci-fi movies where they destroy a mothership and all of the robots just deactivates...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-03-16 03:18 PM
    Meh
    02-03-16 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    yah the moment BlackBerry stops making device for bb10 OS all of the devices will immediately stop working..

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 06:13 PM
    yah the moment BlackBerry stops making device for bb10 OS all of the devices will immediately stop working..

Posted via CB10
    WRONG!
    bimmerny likes this.
    02-03-16 07:29 PM
    WRONG!
    Define sarcasm lol

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    02-03-16 09:35 PM
    WRONG!
    I think he was being sarcastic - I hope he was, at least! it was true for the sidekicks though (god I loved those phones), and same story for bis based bb's right? but with bb10, no - bb10 will continue working for a very long time until lte towers all disappear or we eliminate packet radio! I mean, people today are still happily using their symbian or webos devices..

back to the topic at hand - tough call but it breaks down to text/phone vs media/browsing. I have both - a black classic and a passport se. the sim card stays in the classic and that's what I take everywhere with me for email, sms, facebook chat on the road. when I get home and want to surf the web while listening to music, or watch youtube.. it is the passport. I do wish the classic had the passport's battery life and camera.. but still, I love both devices so much though, I am selling my priv but I will be holding onto these two for a VERY long time!!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 09:37 PM
    Yes, all BB10 phones will cease to work! It's like the sci-fi movies where they destroy a mothership and all of the robots just deactivates...

I think some people here won't get the sarcasm. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 12:56 AM
    I think some people here won't get the sarcasm. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently not. Someone else made the same joke and the first reply thought he was serious, haha.

donemt likes this.
    02-04-16 12:19 PM
    Apparently not. Someone else made the same joke and the first reply thought he was serious, haha.

Maybe he needs some social life hehe.. seeems like he's soo serious lool

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:32 PM
    People are so funny saying "BlackBerry 10 will die in a year", etc... people probably thought that about legacy BBOS 5, 6, 7.1, but they're still out there, likely in the millions. So, no, BlackBerry 10 will not die.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-08-16 12:07 AM
    ive got the passport(black) and the blue classic which looks mega ,why not look at ebay you can get a great deal on there (imo blue classic)
    02-08-16 01:23 AM
    Passport has my vote

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-08-16 01:25 AM
    I barely see a white Classic in real life, let alone a blue one.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    02-08-16 01:29 AM
    Its now real thats Blackberry is dying. With the layoff yesterday in Waterloo and Sunrise, I guess all employees for BB10 is out.
    But i confident that I will still able to use my Blackberry 1-2 years at least until the broser will be up to date for websites.
    02-08-16 11:36 AM