I am so ANGRY that after waiting patiently for months and months for the white Classic, the big announcement finally comes.....only to find out that the USA/Canada loyal customers are being LEFT-OUT of the launch!!! It was like a huge slap in the face Mr. Chen!!! The Classic should have been available in white from the start.....but it wasn't, and we waited and waited. It was announced it would be released in March, but it wasn't, and we waited all month without a word from the company. So, we continued to wait for almost the whole month of April, then FINALLY the announcement is trumpeted across the web....."The White Classic will roll-out in a few days!!". YEAH, the happy dance begins! But wait...what is this?? The USA and Canada are MISSING from the list of countries that it will roll-out from!!! I read it over and over....there must be a mistake! But it is true. I felt crushed and devastated at first......but now I am just ANGRY beyond words. I called everywhere trying to get more information, but it is the same old story.....no one knows anything, and BlackBerry customer service (what a joke), WON'T give out a shred of information! So, good for you Mr. Chen.....you have managed to infuriate and alienate many, many very loyal customers that have stayed with BlackBerry through thick and thin, for more years than we can remember. The very customers that you SAY you value......really?? I don't feel valued right now.....BUT I do feel lied to, taken for granted, and completely kept in the dark.....without even the common courtesy of TRUTHFUL updated information about the white Classic!! Oh yes, I also feel foolish and stupid, that even after all this terrible treatment, I will continue to wait for the white Classic.....MANY customers won't you know. I will continue to use my WHITE Bold 9900 until it falls apart....or until you finally decide to do the right thing, and release the white Classic to North America. How long will we have to wait Mr. Chen???
    Last edited by Hannah77; 05-02-15 at 05:16 PM.
    stitch33, atifat13 and whattiger like this.
    04-29-15 05:02 PM
    BB doesn't care about North America.
    Plain and simple. My carrier hasn't pushed an update in months. They simply don't care. We are hardly a speck on their radar.
    04-29-15 05:27 PM
    They have to focus on the markets where they will get sales, first. We'll get the phone, but we are not top priority.

Look at it this way- in the US, no one is going to carry it in their retail stores. Some wireless carriers MIGHT stock it in their shops, but most won't even acknowledge the phone exists. You'll probably have to order it sight unseen.

Around the rest of the world, it will sell decently and be in people's hands when they want it. If I were CEO, I'd do the same.
    Slow Joe and Velocitymj like this.
    04-29-15 07:12 PM
    ... it is not a disaster.. ==
    04-29-15 08:07 PM
    Good article.
    04-29-15 08:19 PM
    I'm sorry to hear your waiting story. I know how frustrating that must be. Usually I would stop thinking about phones until when the day comes it comes. Hopefully the white one is available soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:49 PM
    I'm waiting for the white one as well. I bought the black one not knowing when or if the white one would be released in Canada. I'm hoping the end of May or early June.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    04-29-15 11:55 PM
    Plain and simple. My carrier hasn't pushed an update in months. They simply don't care. We are hardly a speck on their radar.
    Maybe North America (I mean carriers and most consumers) does not care BlackBerry too.

Maybe BlackBerry wants us to get mad and desperate to run and buy one when the release the sale in this side of the world. I am one of those

From my Classic
    04-30-15 08:26 AM
    Canadian carriers are always first to push updates.

Not that it makes any particular difference, there must be a reason for the delay for the new phones
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-30-15 08:30 AM
    It's not that serious to have a stroke over it. Get the black one. It's beautiful.
    04-30-15 08:36 AM
    North America doesn't care about BlackBerry, most of BlackBerry sales are in other countries. Mr Chen decision was wise. I'll do the same if I was ceo

Blackberry Porsche Design P'9983 Pin:2AA927E6
    rambo47 likes this.
    04-30-15 09:25 AM
    I too am frustrated. Been wanting to buy one the alternatively colored Classics for my wife. But more waiting. I understand why BlackBerry wants to avoid making firm commitments but this excessive. It certainly does serve to discourage what consumer base they still have.

They announce the white model, late, in just a few markets, and nary a word about the other colors. Why not inform the consumer? I understand some 'inside baseball' information shouldn't be made public but why not provide updates so the consumer can make decisions?

I dare say not getting a new high end phone out until the end of the year (which really means next spring) is another poke in the eye. John should be pounding his people to get the product out on the street. It isn't difficult to understand why handsets are losing money. Perhaps he really does want to make BlackBerry a software only company.

End of rant. Whew, I feel better. And still love BlackBerry.
    stitch33 likes this.
    04-30-15 09:47 AM
    I caved in and bought a black Classic. There is no telling when or if we will get the white Classic. Verizon might not even carry it. Like others have said, it may only be available from the Blackberry shop. I also need a non-camera version, and I seriously doubt Verizon would release a white, non-camera Classic.
    04-30-15 11:10 AM
    I too am frustrated. Been wanting to buy one the alternatively colored Classics for my wife. But more waiting. I understand why BlackBerry wants to avoid making firm commitments but this excessive. It certainly does serve to discourage what consumer base they still have.

They announce the white model, late, in just a few markets, and nary a word about the other colors. Why not inform the consumer? I understand some 'inside baseball' information shouldn't be made public but why not provide updates so the consumer can make decisions?

I dare say not getting a new high end phone out until the end of the year (which really means next spring) is another poke in the eye. John should be pounding his people to get the product out on the street. It isn't difficult to understand why handsets are losing money. Perhaps he really does want to make BlackBerry a software only company.

End of rant. Whew, I feel better. And still love BlackBerry.
    It sucks but I'm sure there must be a good reason, like suppliers unable to meet demand or they found a major defect etc etc. This is too long of a stretch to be just random delaying....
    04-30-15 11:15 AM
    You are taking yourself way too seriously
    04-30-15 11:19 AM
    Everyone knows you can't wear white until after Memorial Day. Be patient and put your money in the bank for now.
    04-30-15 11:44 AM
    It can be frustrating. But problem with USA is that market is governed by telcom companies and unless they provide market space to blackberry, blackberry can not supply handset. Varizon refused for passport, few telcos sell classic. What to do?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 12:20 PM
    I caved in and bought a black Classic. There is no telling when or if we will get the white Classic. Verizon might not even carry it. Like others have said, it may only be available from the Blackberry shop. I also need a non-camera version, and I seriously doubt Verizon would release a white, non-camera Classic.
    I'm playing with the thought of buying a white front cover and keyboard and putting on my phone. I'll probably get questioned by security too many times though. They almost flipped the first time they saw my Classic because it's physically the size of a 5" smartphone!
    04-30-15 12:29 PM
    Actually it is only the US. US doesn't care about BlackBerry so they provide resources to those that do care. Canada is treated well by BlackBerry.
    NtotheK likes this.
    04-30-15 12:35 PM
    I'm playing with the thought of buying a white front cover and keyboard and putting on my phone. I'll probably get questioned by security too many times though. They almost flipped the first time they saw my Classic because it's physically the size of a 5" smartphone!
    Not 100% sure but apparently the classic is mostly glued together lol
    04-30-15 01:41 PM
    Someone, quickly talk the OP off of the ledge!

Come on, man. It's not a "disaster". I'd like a white Z30 for Verizon and that's never happening. You just have a delay. Perspective, my friend.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-01-15 02:33 PM
    Paragraphs man. Paragraphs. I'm just gonna assume you're upset (and likely need to chill) since I can't really read that wall of text.
    islandp and itzJustMeh like this.
    05-01-15 02:37 PM
    Delaying the launch of a device which is a different colour is merely a minor inconvenience not worthy of all the stamping of feet and pouting.

Nepal, on the other hand, IS A DISASTER.
    Hazo, rambo47, sully_p and 2 others like this.
    05-01-15 02:54 PM
    Paragraphs man. Paragraphs. I'm just gonna assume you're upset (and likely need to chill) since I can't really read that wall of text.
    She's not a man, man. ;p
    05-01-15 03:12 PM
    To put it in perspective, I think the white Classic was announced before the Leap was, and the Leap is starting to be released.... Nokia make a nice phone - my wife's 9900 may not make it to the white Classic N.A. release. To leave BlackBerry after a decade because they can't release information about a phone will suck.
    05-01-15 03:20 PM
65 123