Bought a slightly used unlocked Classic locally and I am now requiring warranty work to be done on it but the person I purchased it from also purchased it used locally and unlocked and cannot get a hold of the person he purchased it from for a receipt. I am with Rogers and they have a website that you can input your IMEI to track warranty time remaining but the phone I purchased is not originally with Rogers as the IMEI on the site was not recognized. Anything else I can do, or do I have to check with the other carriers to see if they can fix it for me under factory warranty? Can I contact BB directly to get repaired?
    03-03-15 11:26 AM
    That would be tough. Maybe a third party company that does repairs for a cost.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:55 AM
    I am no expert on this, especially when it comes to north american warranty questions. However the usual way it works with BlackBerry goes like this:
    As a typical consumer, you don't really get direct support from BlackBerry. Instead all warranty related question are being done through the source who sold you the device. Be it a carrier, a retail store or an online shop like Amazon or Digital River. So if you need to claim warranty, you'll have to contact the seller.
    Now if the seller is a private person himself, without receipt and no knowledge where the device is from, you are more or less out of luck.

However you could still try contacting BlackBerry support via mail or Twitter, maybe they can still help you.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:04 PM
    Good luck on getting warranty, usually no receipt, no warranty.

Rick, Z30
    03-03-15 12:18 PM