I just got my Classic--love it!

However, something seems to have happened since the last upgrade/update (or whatever it is called--hey I'm 74 years old!). Before the update when I got email I got all three notifications-led, vibrate and sound. Now I just get led and vibrate. I've got through every possible item in the settings that I could (or at least think I could).

Where did the sound go?

Thanks
    05-29-15 07:23 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The 10.3.1 updates added an extra layer of granular control to notifications, and in most cases de-selected a notification tone for email. But, it isn't exactly intuitive to reset. Go to Settings > Notifications. Under the Profile list, tap normal, then Customize App Notifications, then email. Open the email account and re-select your tone. That should do it.
    05-29-15 07:34 PM
    A 74 year old BlackBerry rocker, rocking a Classic and asking a question on CB is bringing a "happy tear" to my eye (like everytime I hear the National Anthem).

That being said, I have read a few posts about speaker hardware failures and I hope that's not it. Recheck your settings. Grab a glass of red wine, close the den door, sit back comfortably, light a Cuban cigar and slowly run through the settings. You can send yourself emails and texts to test it as you go. To test Facebook, post something provocative and wait for the trolls to respond.

Please post back on what you find out.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    05-31-15 04:01 AM