I don't know if I am even replying to the right thread here - I have a problem as I am English, I live in England and I sometimes want to speak about my own currency, i.e. Pounds, GBP, , £ etc - in a conversation - but all I can use is the bloody useless dollar.

I saw a post which says you can use "Word Substitution" - but I couldn't find it in the menus - so I used the equally inept and useless "Blackberry Assistant" and it recognised the words with unparalleled speed, skill and accuracy - then promptly said "Searching Internet for Word Substitution".

I hate to say it, but I might have to go Apple. I have had two BB Bold 9900's (best phones in the world) and now the Classic Q10 (heavy, bulky and idiosyncratic) - and I can't help thinking there is a bloody good reason Blackberry are going to go tits-up - because they are now ****!

Sorry but it is so frustrating - the Bold 9900 was brilliant - but the Classic is trying to be something it never will be - and I'm sorely disappointed. I can't even write a text with a pound sign in it!!!

RUBBISH!

Matt
    08-19-15 01:09 PM
    I don't know if I am even replying to the right thread here - I have a problem as I am English, I live in England and I sometimes want to speak about my own currency, i.e. Pounds, GBP, , etc - in a conversation - but all I can use is the bloody useless dollar.

I saw a post which says you can use "Word Substitution" - but I couldn't find it in the menus - so I used the equally inept and useless "Blackberry Assistant" and it recognised the words with unparalleled speed, skill and accuracy - then promptly said "Searching Internet for Word Substitution".

I hate to say it, but I might have to go Apple. I have had two BB Bold 9900's (best phones in the world) and now the Classic Q10 (heavy, bulky and idiosyncratic) - and I can't help thinking there is a bloody good reason Blackberry are going to go tits-up - because they are now ****!

Sorry but it is so frustrating - the Bold 9900 was brilliant - but the Classic is trying to be something it never will be - and I'm sorely disappointed. I can't even write a text with a pound sign in it!!!

RUBBISH!

Matt
    I've changed the $ sign with . Its easy to change and its a better option then on the 9900 because you can use 2 signs at the same time, look in the word input options.

Posted via Q10Bold
    I don't know if I am even replying to the right thread here - I have a problem as I am English, I live in England and I sometimes want to speak about my own currency, i.e. Pounds, GBP, , etc - in a conversation - but all I can use is the bloody useless dollar.

RUBBISH!

Matt
    I've changed the $ sign with . Its easy to change and its a better option then on the 9900 because you can use 2 signs at the same time, look in the word input options.

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-19-15 01:14 PM
    Long press the dollar key for additional currency symbols such as , , , etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 01:36 PM
    Never needed to use other currency symbols. Thank you for the tip.

 Classic
    08-21-15 03:59 PM
    Symbols key?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    08-21-15 05:00 PM
    Would it not default to if you change the language to English UK?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 05:12 PM
    Where is the Currency Key on the Blackberry Classic Q10?-img_20150821_181424.png
    Learn about your device before you go absolutely nuts lol... change it to English UK

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 05:15 PM